Proper names for genitals from the outset?

Lol! I used to call my vagina vay-jayjay! No idea why. Just something that happened lol! Or foof.
I HATE the word fanny :( Just sounds all flappy and gross. . blerrrgh.

I call my own my peepee :rofl: Always a turn on for my OH...not.

Or my vagine :rofl:

Why is there not a willy equivalent for girls bits? Willy is so standard and acceptable.

I have a few options for my baby girl it seems: foofoo (quite ridiculous but perhaps innocuous enough for a baby girl) , china, (which I heard someone say as in short for va-china :haha:) or vayjayjay. :rofl: We could run through some of the more common names but I don't think they'd be suitable. Maybe I should resort to copying Elliot from scrubs and refering to it as her "bajingo" haha! :haha:

Ooh i like widgey lol

ETA: The word that is! :dohh:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anyway..... I think that I'll teach my baby the proper words, but I think it's just a bit too serious for me personally to have a young child using them.

Nicknames are handy until they need to use the proper words.... I couldn't see myself saying "let's wash your vagina/penis/anus" instead of "let's wash your foofy/willy/bum" to a child in the bath :blush:

I really don't know what I will use with my little one! Like someone else said 'willy' is so widely accepted but there isn't a general nickname for girls parts. One thing I wont be using though is what I was told mine was, my 'rudey' :saywhat: If that's not brainwashing a kid into thinking her bits are something to be ashamed of I don't know what is :nope: xx

my friend used to say tuppence my mum taught me to say front bum i refused and just called it down there.

my daughter doesnt call it anything that i know of, it just never really occurs to give it a name. i think they just name it themselves.

Amelie calls her bits her weewee. It wasn't done intentionally (was a case of when i took her nappy off I'd say 'only weewees') but it stuck and i dont care that she calls them that. Theres plenty of time for her to learn the word penis and vagina.. i dont really think it matters when you teach them the correct word lol

Aww I dont think it matters, but as long as they know eventually the real names of the body parts. Its not something I have thought about and Im currently calling a vagina a lady garden and growing up I knew the penis as a widgy. lol I must be a big kid as widge or widgy makes me smile! lol

Ugh I hate the term front bum.

Me too .... the first time I heard my elder sister refer to her daughter's 'front bottom' I was like 'WTF ????' Just too twee for me :blush:

I can't actually remember what we used to call them when the kids were little - willy and 'bits' I think .... I'm no prude and my kids are anything but backwards in coming forwards LOL, but I don't really remember discussing genitalia much :haha:

i think my thinking is for proper names as i had such an anti-sex upbringing, it wasnt like "its wrong and sinful" kinda way, but it was NEVER talked about, ever. like i said earlier in the thread, i didnt even know i HAD a vagina til i was like 12!

i think my thinking is for proper names as i had such an anti-sex upbringing, it wasnt like "its wrong and sinful" kinda way, but it was NEVER talked about, ever. like i said earlier in the thread, i didnt even know i HAD a vagina til i was like 12!

Yeah it makes sense, and I agree with you. I was brought up in a very open household but I hear where your coming from x

I dont use the 'proper' words in my vocab so dont with caitlyn either... for a boy its a 'tail' lol... and for girls its just bum... doesnt generally come up in topic though

See it does come up with us as Kaya washes her face and her private parts every night before bed, as she only has a bath once or twice a week. It's quite funny the way she pronounces 'vulva' actually, I don't think I need to worry about her saying it in public any time soon - no one would understand her lol

Since the day my DD was born I've called her vagina "Daisy"... I don't know why though :shrug:...Although knowing how outspoken and unashamed toddlers can be I think I would rather her use that so that if she does use it inappropriately I can pass it off as something else...A teddy called Daisy maybe??

My children use proper terms, although Jasper has picked up weiner for his lately. My mom called mine a foo-foo, and it was just plain weird. I did call Jasper's a bumble bee for a bit, but stopped that as I was worried about what he would think if he heard someone being stung by a bumble bee. I don't think of the proper terms as dirty or naughty. Your elbow is an elbow, and your penis is a penis and your vagina is a vagina. Vulva I hate...but, it is a correct term, so I will use it, if it comes up. I do call Jasper's scrotum, nuts....hubby hates that and thinks they should be called testicles. I just think nuts is an easier word to say. lol

Just reading through...and daisy and tail caught my eye. What if she heard someone say they were smelling daisies, or pulling a dogs tail???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->