pros and cons......

julesme

Reaction score
Hey guys, just want peoples experiences or opinons, regarding having a 2nd baby, mine is 15mnths and am thinking of having another lil bean! xx

Mine is 15 months too and I'm due in February. I'm happy. We were NTNP, so I just put it into God's hands :)

My DD is 19 months and I'm 28 weeks pregnant.
The only con I'd say atm is that it's exhausting being pregnant and running after a toddler :L
But I'm really hoping they'll be really close as they're growing up and then when they're older. As they'll be a similar age, they'll be into the same sorts of things and will get along (hopefully :haha:)

I'm really looking forward to it though :D

Cons for me... freaking out that I won't be able to afford prenatal care.
Pros... I get to experience pregnancy again yay! and labour yay! :D

I've read that it's usually easier for the older child to adjust to not being "the baby" anymore when there is a smaller age gap. This was true in my family; my brother and I are only 16 months apart, and we were best buddies until we got to school age and saw that we could have friends of our own gender, but even after that we still played together quite a lot. Whereas my younger brother is 4 years older than my younger sister, and apparently he spent most of their childhoods teasing and tormenting her, and he remembers being extremely jealous of her in the first few years, for taking away his baby status. But then, we are all friends now as adults, so I guess it doesn't matter much in the long run.

I can hardly imagine going through pregnancy while having a small child to take care of, but lots of people do it, and I plan on trying again when this one is between 1 and 2. I'm just hoping my next pregnancy won't be as exhausting as this one is.

There is a 2 1/2 year gap between my youngest 2 and it worked very well for us. They're freshman and senior in high school this year and still very close. I can't remember at time that they weren't close.

im not a mum to 2 lil ones yet. however i concieved 2 weeks after dd 1st bday and this pregnancy has been horrendous :cry:

:hugs: baby hopes... atleast it's nearly over x

There will be a 4yr age gap between my LO's. I have found pregnancy easy so far as Tom is a bit more idependent, I don't have to carry him and he's good at entertaining himself or playing with friends without too much intervention from me, which is great as I get tired easily atm!.... He also goes to school for 2hrs a day in sept so I can come home and go back to sleep :)

I was a bit owrried about the age gap as I'm sure they'd have more in common and play more if they were closer together but then I spend the day with friends who have close age gaps (2yrs and less) and it just looks so hard!

The truth is there will be pros and cons no matter how big or small the gap. Go with your heart. Hugs!

My kids are 5 years apart, as were my brother and I. I feel like they are not playmates, but she is a great help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->