Protecting our mattresses from waters breaking?

natz123

Reaction score
Just wondered if you girls were using anything to protect your mattress incase your waters break when in bed?? Xx

my sister is a nurse and keeps going on about it - but then I asked my midwife and she said most people tend to find they break as they stand up in the morning

I have a waterproof mattress protector on all the time anyhow because we have 2 dogs and I don't want to take any chances

I used a shower curtain under a blanket in my last pg. My waters never broke until I was in hospital though, but our mattress was a very expensive wedding present so didn't facny risking it!

I bought some Maternity Mats from Boots. They seem good. You can get 5 for about £3 and they last a while (if you have not broken your waters obv).

You really can't feel them under the sheet and its just an extra bit of protection without having to sleep on a plasticky sheet.

we bought a plastic-based mattress protector with a terry-towling top. That way we get the benefit of having a waterproof barrier but without having to get all hot and sweaty with it. We bought it from ebay - £10 for a double including postage. We have a memory foam mattress so it would really suck if my waters did break in bed!

My friend suggested that I put some old towels underneath when I go to sleep. It happened to her and she said she was able to just lift the towels and run to the bathroom so it didn't get everywhere.

I've seen mattress protectors though I think the towel idea might be a tad more convenient.

Thanks girls some good ideas there x

Got a towel beside my bed to stick between my legs if I wake to find leakage. Also have the mattress pad things (got them in Tesco). I did sleep on one on Monday night when I had pains but not bothered since as feel I have time. Might get one laid under my sheet this weekend.

I've installed the Boots maternity mats as well! Quite good value and very thin.

I bought some Maternity Mats from Boots. They seem good. You can get 5 for about £3 and they last a while (if you have not broken your waters obv).

You really can't feel them under the sheet and its just an extra bit of protection without having to sleep on a plasticky sheet.

I think I am going to get some of these - really should think about getting some soon just in case!

Huh! I had never heard of this or thought of this! I guess I have some quilted waterproof diaper changing pads I can put on under the sheet. Thanks for the post - would never have crossed my mind!

I bought an waterproof fitted sheet to put it under the regular sheets, I have a very expensive memory foam matress and the thought of having my water broken in bed is driving me crazy...Really hope it will protect my matress the way it should...

when my waters broke with ds#1 they ruined a mattress and a hall carpet there was so much of them. Will be putting mattress protector on in next week or so in case.

I'm putting a shower curtain liner under my mattress protector just in case. I'm also going to put a garbage bag under a towel on the seats in my car.

I've been sleeping with an old towel underneath me. I also sleep with a pillow between my legs so I figure that will be ruined if my waters go at night - no big deal.

I am starting to worry about them going while I'm sitting on the lounge. I know DH is worried about them going in the car (oh no! what if I ruin his pristine interior :cry:)

I wish there was a way of knowing when it is going to happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->