Pull out method?

Loulou04

Reaction score
Hi, I’m not quite sure where to post this as not pregnant but not trying either. But will try here anyway. I have a 3 month old baby and haven’t yet gone back on contraception although I have tried, there is a waiting list to get coil fitted and am waiting for a phone call to arrange, I also trying to go back on pill in meantime but there is no available appointments anytime soon (ridiculous if you ask me!) and they won’t just give it to me as requested it and they didn’t give it to me. So we are relying on pull out method but can I ask how effective it is? We had a “oops” so obviously it’s risky but are you meant to pull out every time you have sex or just when your fertile time is? Anyone else used this method and got pregnant? Or have you not got pregnant using this method? Tia x

We have used this method for years and never got pregnant. It doesn't work for everyone though.

We have also used this method for years. Almost 100% of the time we pull out, though if I'm absolutely certain I am near my period we might not.

(Pregnant now from trying to conceive, not on accident from this method).

We have also used this method for years. Almost 100% of the time we pull out, though if I'm absolutely certain I am near my period we might not.

(Pregnant now from trying to conceive, not on accident from this method).
Thank you! I’m not so worried now

We used this method for 3 months before we started trying to conceive our 2nd son because we'd just come back from vacation in a Zika country. I did not get pregnant during those 3 months but did as soon as my husband stopped pulling out.

I got pregnant with my DD using pull out method. It did take about 9 months but it happened.
I've just stopped taking my mini pill and we are going to use pull out again. We do want another baby tho so if a whoops happened than that's fine. We are planning to officially try next year but I'm 40 now so if the pull out fails again I'll just see it as a blessing and it's meant to be.
Good luck

We’ve been married for 4 years now and we’ve been using the pull out method all the time... now I’m pregnant with our first baby and it was planned out. We Dtd every other day after my period ended(CD7 onwards till CD18) just to be sure. I got pregnant in the first cycle of trying. 17 weeks now :)

We used this method for 3 months before we started trying to conceive our 2nd son because we'd just come back from vacation in a Zika country. I did not get pregnant during those 3 months but did as soon as my husband stopped pulling out.
Did you pull out every time or just in fertile period? Just trying to work out if we need to do it every time?

We’ve been married for 4 years now and we’ve been using the pull out method all the time... now I’m pregnant with our first baby and it was planned out. We Dtd every other day after my period ended(CD7 onwards till CD18) just to be sure. I got pregnant in the first cycle of trying. 17 weeks now :)
Congratulations! I feel a bit better knowing it’s quite safe

I got pregnant with my DD using pull out method. It did take about 9 months but it happened.
I've just stopped taking my mini pill and we are going to use pull out again. We do want another baby tho so if a whoops happened than that's fine. We are planning to officially try next year but I'm 40 now so if the pull out fails again I'll just see it as a blessing and it's meant to be.
Good luck
Did you pull out every time? Aww I’m contemplating another but not yet, we did have a “oops” where he didn’t pullout quick enough but that’s the first time it’s happened he’s normally quite good lol. Your having a bit of a nightmare on pill aren’t you? What pill are you on?

I agree I've been waiting ages to get the coil! I've even turned up on the day only to find the coil slots were taken, makes no sense, people must have booked in advance but when I've phoned, they've been taken too! I think they are lying to me! I've been on the mini pill since enzo was a week old, I've been getting two periods a month, I went to family planning yesterday to demand another coil, slots taken and i said I'm not carrying on with the pill, so I opted for the injection just to tied me over until i can get in for the coil

Biggest mistake ever, I've had nothing but trouble with the injection in the past with my joints, a day later after having the injection and I already have agonising hip pain, just give me the damn coil!!!!!

I agree I've been waiting ages to get the coil! I've even turned up on the day only to find the coil slots were taken, makes no sense, people must have booked in advance but when I've phoned, they've been taken too! I think they are lying to me! I've been on the mini pill since enzo was a week old, I've been getting two periods a month, I went to family planning yesterday to demand another coil, slots taken and i said I'm not carrying on with the pill, so I opted for the injection just to tied me over until i can get in for the coil

Biggest mistake ever, I've had nothing but trouble with the injection in the past with my joints, a day later after having the injection and I already have agonising hip pain, just give me the damn coil!!!!!
It’s terrible isn’t it! No wonder people end up pregnant when the waiting lists are so long for contraception, not much agrees with me but the coil and mini pill and I can’t get either anytime soon. I’ve never had to rely on pull out method before it’s so frustrating. The injection lasts 3 months doesn’t it? I hope you don’t suffer the whole time hun

Did you pull out every time? Aww I’m contemplating another but not yet, we did have a “oops” where he didn’t pullout quick enough but that’s the first time it’s happened he’s normally quite good lol. Your having a bit of a nightmare on pill aren’t you? What pill are you on?
Yes he pulled out everytime but there was once when he wasnt quick enough and a tiny bit must of come out resulting in DD lol.
I was on cerezzete 75mg. I stopped taking it yesterday and I'm already on cycle day 1 of my first real period off birth control.
I have a bunch of ovulation tests coming tommorow.
We are not gonna be officially trying untill around Jan/Feb 2021 but if a whoops happens b4 then I'll be happy. But ideally I'd like it to happen next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->