Pumping

Jackij21

Reaction score
i am not going to breast feed, please do not lecture me on it. i will not be changing my mind. i am going to bottle feed breast milk, im just trying to find out how soon i can start pumping, and unfortunately google only gives me sites about breast feeding itself.

If your not going to breastfeed you'll have to start pumping immediately after birth (i know some people have even started earlier, to help start labour). In the beginning you will get colustrom, it doesn't look like much but its perfect for your newborn and there tummies are so small it doesn't take much to fill them!

I started off pumping for my LO, it is a lot of work, but it is definitely possible!

Good luck! It is exhausting in the beginning, just like breastfeeding, because you will be pumping constantly. So don't get discouraged! You can do it!

Have you decided what type of pump you will use? If you can afford it, I would highly recommend renting a hospital grade double electric pump. It makes the whole process much easier!

My midwife told me if I was going to exclusively pump I'd need to do it every 3 hours. That's pretty much all I can offer! I do express from time to time (actually trying to build a supply to freeze) and best time to get most milk is in the morning.

I think there's a sticky thread about exclusively pumping on here. Very useful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->