PUPPP - anyone had it or know anything about it??

firegal

Reaction score
In the last week I've developed a kind of rash of small red lumps in my stretch marks on my belly and they're itching me like crazy. I googled the symptoms and it seems I may have Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy - PUPPP (what a name!!!). I don't have a midwife appointment until next Thurs though, so can't check with her. Does anyone know anything about it, or has anyone experienced it and have any good tips on how to deal with the itching??

Heya hun
Doc gave me hydrocortisone for the rash.
I use bio oil to relieve the itching.
It's driving me mental!!!

See I stopped using my bio oil cos I was only using cocoa butter until a couple of weeks ago, started using bio oil, and then the rash appeared.. I wondered if it was connected to the bio oil but I'm guessing it's not so I might go back to it.

Is the hydrocortisone working for you at all? Might need to go see my GP...

Honestly, the itching is really making me want my LO to appear NOW!!!!!

ive got the odd spot at the top of a few of my streatchmarks but there not itchy-something 2 look forward too!!!!!:dohh:

Hopefully you won't get the itching!!! :hugs:

I had it at 20 weeks. The itching drove me mad! Doctor gave me hydrocortisone cream and it went after a few days. I have read that it is more common in 1st pregnancies and if you are having a boy which I am!

i have been using Aveeno anti itchy cream and its helping. its also got calamine lotion in it which helps. i have a patch on my upper right arm in the back too, and it helps there as well.

I'd never heard of it until we went to see a friend who has not long had her baby. She had it after her baby was born and it lasted for a couple of weeks!! It sounds really horrible. I had a really bad itchy rash in first tri, I'm not sure what it was but I took piriton for it and it helped. I'm a doc but not an obsterician so checked with a GP friend before taking the piriton and she said it was fine. Hope it goes away soon.

I think the cream works, but only if you apply regularly
As it doesn't provide immediate relief, I'm less than diligent about using it...

I think I'm going to get some calamine lotion today and try it... will let you know how it goes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->