pureeing foods

Chellebelle

Reaction score
I am starting Simeon on pureed veg for one mealtime per day. The only problem is, when I 'puree' carrots, they still have tiny lumps in - no matter how long I stand at my blender I just can't get them to be completely pureed... is this normal and should I still give it to him or should I buy a better blender? :rofl: Sorry I know it sounds like a silly question, but it is really bothering me as I don't like giving Simeon lumpy food yet.

Also, what are the best veg to puree in your opinion? Thank you. x

have you tried adding some of the water they have been cooking in to the blender honey? always found this made maddi's puree's nice and smooth :) the best veg i have found is carrot parsnip sweet potato and broccoli, apple also puree's down nice too, by adding the water :)

I added a tablespoon of water too but it still didn't do very well - maybe I am not cooking the veg for long enough then. I'll try again tomorrow and thank you - I might try sweet potato tomorrow :happydance:

My carrot puree's still have tiny lumps in them too Chelle after adding water. I just get it as smooth as i can and leave it

So far, home cooked wise we've done ... carrot and parsnip, and sweet potato and butternut squash

Thanks Holly. ooh butternut squash - I'll try that one too! :)

x

That and sweet potato seem to puree really well.

I found the parsnip was ok but some of the tough bits from the middle didnt blend too well and i had to pick them out and carry on :lol:

carrot and parsnip are buggers!! tbh i never really pureed, but mashed instead. carrots tho i always used th blender a bit on cos they're so hard to do!

i did petit pois peas today and he loved them! xxx

carrots are hard to do unless you really cook them until they are really mushey... pretty much anything is like that really...

Apples and Pears are easy to puree... so is sweet potatoe and squash, but again, you have to boil them for a long time.

Do you boil the apples and pears, or just do them without cooking them?

I find the easiest veg to puree is butternut and my LO loves it. Sweet potato, depends on the potato, I've found some of them are a bit stringy.

Just wanted to say thanks everyone... you're all great as usual! I went shopping today and stocked up on various veg following your advice and ideas for foods - and today, Simeon ate half a pot of pureed sweet potato and courgette :happydance: - tomorrow maybe butternut squash! :rofl:

x

Do you boil the apples and pears, or just do them without cooking them?

I find the easiest veg to puree is butternut and my LO loves it. Sweet potato, depends on the potato, I've found some of them are a bit stringy.

Yes, I boil the apples and pears... it makes them nice and soft, I put them in jars in the freezer and take them out as needed and they are perfect.

Boil them for longer honey....well i steam mine but boil them til your fork goes through them really easily.....

I buy those ready made fresh vegetable medleys that you can buy in a bag washed and peeled (how lazy am i) so the last few days Maley has had (all pureed together) broccolli, carrot, cauliflower and peas together with some potato or sweet potato.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->