pushing it here. anyone else over 45?

ooohh we got lost. Anyone still out there reading this thread?
Cautiously and optimistically pg again with very quickly darkening lines. I thought I had an evap on a FRER on Tuesday and being I had a migraine and it was evap I took my dose of migraine painkillers, also add in the tetanus shot I got on Sunday. Then Thursday I got a very clear distinct dark line and today Saturday it is darker than the control line and I am about 13dpo.
So far feeling very nauseous and yukky and I have a cold too which I seem to get when pg.
so baby is due July 29 when I will be 48 1/2.

:flower:

Cautiously and optimistically pg again with very quickly darkening lines. I thought I had an evap on a FRER on Tuesday and being I had a migraine and it was evap I took my dose of migraine painkillers, also add in the tetanus shot I got on Sunday. Then Thursday I got a very clear distinct dark line and today Saturday it is darker than the control line and I am about 13dpo.
So far feeling very nauseous and yukky and I have a cold too which I seem to get when pg.

Omfg ,that is awesome news ,was wondering were u had gone ,how are u feeling ?did u do anything different this month ,tell us all your secret ,so excited for you ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I was 43 when i had my last dd. I dont want anymore now but just wanted to say goodluck!!! It took only about 5 months and a chemical inbetween!

I am 44 and have been trying for over five years with ten losses ,I would do anything for another l.o ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Im 44 and a half and been trying for 7 months. Imnot sure how long i want to try for though, as with everything there has to be a cut off point somewhere really. The dissapointment is really getting me down.

Im 44 and a half and been trying for 7 months. Imnot sure how long i want to try for though, as with everything there has to be a cut off point somewhere really. The dissapointment is really getting me down.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flower:

Honey im 45 dec 28th this year so only a few more weeks and im waiting to find out am due for af tomorrow and have a frer waiting although ive never had any results from one and have 11 emmc behind us in the last 5 years so hoping that i get a + soon coz i was thinking of giving up after 45 but you have given me hope thank you hun i may not test until monday tho so but will let you know tho xx CONGRATULATIONS XXX
Tina

thanks honey how are you and how long have you got until you are at this nerve raking time of the cycle hate it ! good luck tho xx

thanks honey how are you and how long have you got until you are at this nerve raking time of the cycle hate it ! good luck tho xx

Got a bit of waiting but the good news is the fertilaid sorted my cycles out and I o nearly a week early last cycle :thumbup:so I maybe have another two weeks to wait :hugs::hugs:

im so pleased for you hun Fertilaid has helped so many ladies but unfortunately it messed mine up and took nearly a year to sort it out but im doing ok now am just on pregnacare and she oak 4 weeks on it and 2 weeks of it on a 6 week rotation 7 drops twice a day and have had the most painful boobs, mild to strongish cramping, gas and seeing stars and am ready for bed at 6 pm hubby keeps laughing at me coz i want to go to bed early and if we are out i tell him its past my bed time and i need to go home , he just looks at me and laugh:rofl: but apart from that i have nothing else apart from today getting quite a bit of milky white cm and i would have thought that with af due tomorrow it would have been sort of a browny colour like i normally get but im sure as always that it will show up in at least two more days like clock work if its gonna be late !
sorry for rambling but i had to get it all out :rofl: :rofl:

Tina the milky cm is a god sign. My early signs are extra creamy cm and wearing a panty liner, bleeding gums when I brush my teeth and cramps from my knees down. I didn't even think I had O'd this cycle, thought for sure it was anovulatory but with the migraine I really thought I should check first... thought it was an evap though. FREF can do that. I really was stunned the next day to get a line on an internet test though. The last few bfps (m/c each time) I never got a decent line on an internet test til 15dpo. If you go by EW and 5 mintues of pain on my left side then I am 13 dpo but historically I don't O until at least 4-5 days AFTER the EW so that would make me only 10ish dpo today.. so I have no idea.
Despie ok this cycle I have taken vitex. I haven't been taking my folic acid for months as I ran out and figured what's the point anyhow. I have been taking DHEA 25mg daily but kept forgetting so wasn't very regular with it. I stopped that 2 weeks ago though as I was sick of it but had taken it for about 3 months. I also take CO enzyme Q10 100mg every day and I'm still taking it. I have been taking that since about a week after I got out of hospital thinking it may help with the asthma and the liver tumour I have. So about 3 months.
I wasn't going to go to the Dr but when I remembered I have this tumour I thought I had better make an appt. Apparently pregnancy hormones can make the tumour grow even though it is benign so I'd better get it checked out ... and the asthma to see if the steroid puffer I have to take is still ok.
We really weren't trying this month and the last BD was the day of EW and being I figured wasn't going to O for a few days I didn't push the matter. I was so tired and worn out and feeling I can't really cope with another baby. In the past I had to BD on the day and night of O in order to have any sort of luck with a bfp.
So maybe it was DHEA and CQ10... ???

Angelicdragon thank you for your post for me i havent been trying at all for the last three months really as i had resigned myself to it never happening and i still dont think it has - i still have to find out !. For the last three months i have taken Pregnacare healthy conception and SHE OAK 7 drops under my tongue twice a day for 4 weeks and then two weeks of not taking it and then 4 weeks again on it and so on, and acupuncture twice this cycle. i have been so chilled out its been great and havent even thought about ttc and we only have dtd when we felt like it although OV was extreme this cycle, so not sure if that was the she oak or the acupuncture of the combination of them together but whatever it was it was good !, anyway af was due today and all i have is im wetter down there cervix is closed covered in a lot of cm, very mild cramping on and off and very painful heavy boobs and a NEG test so will test until it get a + or af shows. Everything seems to be coming all at once i was asked to apply for a job (been looking for one since jan 2009), i have an orthopeadic appt about a knee operation on 6th dec and now my af is late or not showing why now !!!!!!!!

Hi Angelic'..just wanted to send a hearty congrats. Sure seems like CoQ10 played a role in your BFP. Inspiration for sure. I have a GF really wanting a little one and she's 43. Going to pass on your story for sure. H&H nine to you!!

Hi ladies! Do you mind to join you? I will be 45 in April. We have little girl born in January 2009, and trying since then for No.2 without success. I have PCOS and I am on metformin 2x1000mg daily. Also I am overweight after the first pregnancy, 40 lb of surplus. I like to read you, it gives me hope. Good luck to all of us!!!!!!!

Hi ladies! Do you mind to join you? I will be 45 in April. We have little girl born in January 2009, and trying since then for No.2 without success. I have PCOS and I am on metformin 2x1000mg daily. Also I am overweight after the first pregnancy, 40 lb of surplus. I like to read you, it gives me hope. Good luck to all of us!!!!!!!

Hi and welcome huni ,another fellow 44 year old here ,best of luck :hugs::hugs:

Thank you! I did not ovulate whole my life on my own, only with met. I also take dexamethasone low dose before bed. I hope met and dex will help me ovulate, or at least loose weight. I take dex because of late onset CAH (congenital adrenal hyperplasia). Any other of you take dex with metformin?

One week shy of 46 years old......and wait for it.....I'm pregnant. Yep. And naturally. I'm still in shock as are my 24 and 25 year old kids (and scared, nervous, anxious, with a bit of hope creeping in...and a fairly large range of emotions in the blink of an eye)....as originally, I thought I was pre-menopausal. I could not believe what the doctor was telling me.....and I was convinced that I had ovarian cancer or some other reason to raise my HcG levels and to miss a period. I went through some very tough losses three years ago. One miscarriage and then a loss of my daughter in the second trimester. During my grief the following year....I asked my doctor if it was possible to get pregnant again....and his kind response was that it would be extremely unlikely and difficult at my age to get pregnant unless I went through interventional means. Not having the funds to do that...I tried to move forward in life. That said.....here I sit with my little miracle baby. I am officially 8 weeks today. I am currently struggling with so much fear and anxiety right now. It is hard to temper any hope....with the odds of miscarriage and genetic issues so high....and it feels like there is so much against us. I also have a blood clotting disorder...so they have immediately started me on daily injections of the blood thinner Lovenox. I am scared, scared, scared of everything right now. On top of things....when it seemed that I might be ill in the beginning....the father who wanted to marry me....was very supportive (we are not married - and he was not the father of any previous children). When he found out that I was really pregnant....he became another person....and let's just say I dodged a bullet. He continually tries to bully me....and says that I ruined his life. I lost my job with cutbacks 7 months ago....and I have exhausted all my savings up until now. The father has left....but continues the bullying in messages and emails. So here I sit....feeling a little desperate for a rainbow....and trying to take one day at a time. I know that God must have a plan....and I'm just trying to keep the faith. So here's hoping for all of you who are still trying....it is not impossible to conceive at this age. Please say a prayer for me and my little miracle.
wow you give us all hope congratulations :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"