pushing it here. anyone else over 45?

Angelicdragon

Reaction score
I am 47 and have yet another miscarriage to my list. That makes 9 confirmed miscarriages and about 15 chem pgs all since 2003.
Seems I have no problems getting pregnant, it is the staying pregnant. My average is about 8 wks although two sets of twins struggled to 10 wks and one made it to 11w4d. I do have a 6 yr old DS and a 2 yr old DS in that time period.
I have older children too aged DS27, DD19 and DS18.
I love my children but have this hollow yearning for just one more.
We did lose a little girl to stillbirth in 2002 and I often wonder is it just my sub conscious pushing me to have a little girl make it earthside?
I love being a mum and can't imagine my life without children in it. Preferably my own. We have done foster care over the years and also looked after friends children when they returned to work, but we lived in town back then so it was easier.
Now we live in the backwoods in a mountain valley so it is harder for people to get to us. But our kids love it up here and we have a great little school even if the local government want to clsoe it :(

So anyhow back to TTC
I had a natural miscarriage after waiting 2 wks for an answer either way as to if I would m/c or not. I had just seen my OB and got my last beta which had gone up again from 4600 to 5250 in 2 days (not a big leap :( ) but the scan showed the sac had shrunk and fetal pole had gone. The scan was so clear you could see the bleeding as the placenta was detaching from the uterine wall! So we decided on a D&C for 6pm (it was 2pm at this stage) and while we were filling in the paperpwork the m/c started. TMI but kiwi fruit sized clots! But even with al that and pethidine as well over the next few hours I still had to have the D&C for retained tissue which didn't want to seperate but wanted to hemorrhage instead. My body does that everytime I m/c
So I am now cd4 and back on 1000mg EPO and 500mg of Vitamin E of an evening and 5mg folic acid and 1000mg vitex of a morning. I also take multi vitamins.

My OB and GP vary between their thoughts of TTC over 45. One moment they are all for
"If you are still regular and everything works then it is hopeful"
to "You are over 45 so the chances of falling pg are virtually nil and only very rarely to women have a baby at your age."
then my OB says
"We do get 1-2 women through each year who are naturally pregnant and have a healthy baby".
bear in mind all of Tasmania has only a population of half a million and only about 212,000 so ...
anyhow I prove them wrong by BEING able to fall pg every couple of months when I am supposed to be too old to be able to fall pg even once a year! but yeah, have to somehow manage to stay pg.
I know the first response will be to take progesterone but my levels are perfectly fine each time in fact sometimes on the higher end and besides Drs down here will NOT prescribe progesterone unless you are doing a full IVF cycle. IVF here stops at age 44 :(

So here I am.. anyone care to join me in the quest of completing a family with Just One More.

OH yeah BTW when my fsh etc was tested which they now refuse to do my FSG was 5 and E2 and LH matched perfectly.

Judy :)

I am not quite 45, but I wanted to send you a big :hugs:.

I am also "in the quest of completing my family with just one more". Not in my 40s yet, but wanted to say hi and good luck!

I'm 38 and have two kids a 18 yr old girl and 10 yr old boy. I would love just one more baby I just don't feel complete my body is telling me this is what I need to do. Long story but I have a feeling maybe in the future we will have one more.

I have been on a few forums over the last 10 yrs and the one thing I have found for sure is that a woman knows when she is done having children. I have been told it is just a feeling of completeness and of just knowing your family is now complete. Until then if you have that yearning and unfullfilled feeling then there will always be that wondering of maybe in your soul.

Well, I will be 45 in November, and I am still trying to get the first one....

I'm not, but I do have an amazing story, when my exBF was born (38 years ago) the lady in the next bed of the hospital was 58 years old, natural pregnancy she was the wife of the minister in one of the remote islands (West Coast of Scotland) and she had more than 10 other kids.

I tried to find that story on the internet and couldn't find it (from pre WWW days) but I did find this...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1560739/UK-woman-59-worlds-oldest-natural-mother.html

know how u feel, I'm 45 and TTC. You seem luckier than I with your FSH levels and seem to be taking all the right supplements. Have been taking Vitex and have had my 1st ovulation in a couple of months, Am 15dpo now and waiting to test as no sign of AF. Good Luck to you, wishing you sticky beans!x

Well I'm 40 and TTC #1 but wanted to say sorry for your loses :hugs:

And I hope you do get to finally feel your family is complete :hugs:

my inspiration is a lady I know from church. She is 6 months older than me, has had all her babies as home births, never had a loss and is up to baby #10. Not that I want that many, 6 all up alive will do me fine lol. Her youngest is about 6 months so if I hadn't of had one of the m/c last year we would have been pg again together. Lately though we both get pg and she has a a baby and I lose one. Her eldest and my eldest are a week apart, then her next and my next were born the same day 2 hrs apart and after that our paths went awry until 2004 when Belinda is 2 months older than my Samuel and since then she has had 3 more.

What chances are there overseas for any assistance TTC over the age of 45?
here in Tassie you cannot cycle with your own eggs after the age of 44. If you are TTC #1 or 2 then you may be able to have donor egg or embryo but other than that you are on your own after your 44th birthday.

38/39 is the cutoff for NHS assistance in the UK with IVF

38/39 is the cutoff for NHS assistance in the UK with IVF

Same age for IUI on the NHS as well as just checked it out :nope:

But many private clinics in the UK will deal with a woman till she's about 50 but it is dependant on their health

Gosh, 38/9 seems awfully young for ceasing assistance on the NHS!! Surprised to hear it's the case for IUI too, but I guess they have to stop allocating public resources somewhere?!:wacko:

It's just a pity when assisted conception is more needed post 35. At least younger women have a bit more time to keep trying the natural route first :(

Hi judy,firstly :hugs::hugs:So sorry for wot u have been through,u truly are an amazing woman :hugs: and I know exactly how u feel about wanting just one more,I am the same,I desperately want another child!I have 4 children and been trying for another for five years after nine mc's,I finally got my bfp after a year of trying,the joy was short lived wen I went at 8 weeks for my scan and the baby only measured 5 and a Half weeks and had a Ragged heartbeat :cry::cry:, there was also a huge pool of blood at the base of my cervix,and I was sent home to miscarry,that was 3 days ago and so far nothing ,I am trying to remain strong and forever hopeful,:hugs::hugs::hugs:But I would certainly love to join u in your quest of completing your family and I wish u all the luck in the world,:hug::hug:

Hi judy,firstly :hugs::hugs:So sorry for wot u have been through,u truly are an amazing woman :hugs: and I know exactly how u feel about wanting just one more,I am the same,I desperately want another child!I have 4 children and been trying for another for five years after nine mc's,I finally got my bfp after a year of trying,the joy was short lived wen I went at 8 weeks for my scan and the baby only measured 5 and a Half weeks and had a Ragged heartbeat :cry::cry:, there was also a huge pool of blood at the base of my cervix,and I was sent home to miscarry,that was 3 days ago and so far nothing ,I am trying to remain strong and forever hopeful,:hugs::hugs::hugs:But I would certainly love to join u in your quest of completing your family and I wish u all the luck in the world,:hug::hug:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Suki,:hugs:Thank u so much for my pm ,that was so so sweet of you,you guys are the best,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oh Hun im so so sorry :cry: :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
Thank you so much Hun,it's been a hell of a week but I am bearing up,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Judy and Despie I pray with all my heart that one day you ladies will get your BFPs and that they will be the stickiest of stick beans and you get that LO each to complete your families :hugs:

Despie I am still praying that this current beanie turns into a miracle and proves the medical world wrong :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->