Q for 2nd timers...

YikesBaby

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I am blessed to have an almost 17 month old DD who is the love of my life. :) Hubby and I are planning to TTC again next spring.

But...

Since we had DD we've hardly had any :sex:... and have been using the pull-out method when condoms aren't handy. Probably not the best plan since we got pregnant on our first shot last time. :wacko:

Long story short... we went on vacation in June (14-21) and had some fun. For the last three days I have been nauseous. I have a short 25-day cycle... and I am starting to panic that I am preggo already. :dohh:

Question:

When you got pregnant the second time, did you notice symptoms sooner? Was your intuition right?

Thanks ladies!! I am scared and possibly excited!

-yikesbaby

I haven't had a full term pregnancy yet but on my current/3rd pregnancy I thought I was pregnant the day after the BD because immediately the next morning my bbs were super sore like I was pregnant, and turned out I was.

On a side note on our 1st pregnancy we weren't trying as the Rocky Mountain Cigar Festival was coming up and we had already purchased our non-refundable tickets and I didn't want to go if I was pregnant so we did w/d method and had only did the BD once during that cycle and that's how I got pregnant the 1st time so definitely NOT a dependable method.

I have to say, this time around, I definitely noticed symptoms earlier. I have a 4-year old daughter already. I got the gags and tender boobs very early with this pregnancy- so early that after several days of that I tested, and got a negative result. When I thought about how far into my cycle I was, I realized I tested much too early. I waited longer and tested again on day 29 of my cycle, and got a strong positive. I don't know if it's because it's not my first pregnancy, or because this was my first cycle after a miscarriage, and maybe I had some extra progesterone hanging around in my system or something. (I know I didn't still have elevated hCG, since I tested that out and had gotten negative FRERs.)

Every time I had a hunch, I was right. I knew right away with my first. So it's very possible!

I definitely felt symptoms much earlier this time and just kind of knew. That being said I also psyched myself out a few times when we weren't trying. I think maybe it is different the second time because you know how your body generally reacts to PMS as opposed to pregnancy.

This was a bit of a surprise as my cycles have been all over since having daughter. I had been having anything up to 41 day cycles but when af didn't show by day 42 I took a test just to rule out pregnancy and there was the bfp. My guess is I was about 4.5 weeks at the time. The following morning I was retching and joked to oh that if I hadn't tested the day before I would have known by then. Oh had a hunch about a week earlier as I was complaining of shooting pains in my groin, a bit like trapped wind, and this was an early symptom with dd. So yes for me I did get symptoms earlier this time but the only way you will know is to test xx

With my angel baby - which would have been my second - I definitely noticed sooner, I even felt the cramps from baby implanting. With my rainbow though we were trying and I was desperate to be pregnant again so every pms sign I took as a pregnancy sign and think I still would have even if I wasn't pregnant that month

Thank you so much ladies. I am really sorry for those of you who have angel babies and I am sending sticky vibes to all of you who've had a BFP! Hugs!

I didn't have any symptoms other than exhaustion which I put down to the aftermath of IVF treatment and associated travel first time round. I got a natural BFP last week and I started feeling nauseous pretty much straight away (not constant but there) and having symptoms so definitely more symptoms sooner second time around.

I noticed symptoms later this time, especially since I didn't get sore boobs the second time around. However, I did have a strong hunch I was pregnant, especially since I didn't want anything to do with coffee! (That was my first sign with my 18-month-old daughter, too.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->