Q for Mums with LOs close in age

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
So Caitlin is now (days away from) 14 months old/1yr 2 months and expecting baby between 5 & 8 weeks time (based on Caitlin coming in the 37th week) ...

Starting to wonder more and more how she will take to her new sister will she even really care with her being so young maybe less likely to feel jealousy or .....??

x

I havent got too much close in age but Carly was 2 when i had Ella.
I found jelously was a big issue , she would have alot of tantrums from it to get my attention while i had to tend to Ella.

Although Caitlin is alot younger then what Carly was so it could be totally different!

I was 19 months old when my sister was born and I was so jealous, I wouldn't go near my mum for months. It realllllly upset her. She still goes on about it now :rofl:

I know you said only for those in close age but as me and my bother are 1 year apart I thought id share what my mom did :)

When she got to 30 weeks pregnant with me she brought my brother to daycare ..not to stay but to meet other babies and see his reaction ..its also good for her to see other newborn babies she may not even realize it as being so young but at least she'd be familiar ..

The only thing that makes me feel things may be ok is Caitlin isn't shy she loves peoples doesn't hide away and when Babyboo was here with Noah she'd just run past him not care in the world. When we're out she craves and tries to catch everyones attention like other week at the clinic she had a whole waiting room in sticthes she'd talk laugh and want to interact with them yet never seen them before. I know not quite the same but hoping a good sign.

23 months between Joe & Katie and Joe was a nightmare :dohh: but he was older. In saying that Katie gets jealous when I cuddle Joe or the other kids.

I think Caitlin will be fine :) hope so xxxx

Definitely hard to not think how the existing child will take to a new baby. :hugs:

Amanda was a bit jealous of Jayden at the beginning, but not so long after she became the nurturing little girl.

It's Jayden over the course of years that is jealous of Amanda when she sits beside me. :rofl:

There is 16 months between me & my sister and apparently, I was as good as gold when she came along. I was a help too as she started being able to do things as I would help her and teach her things.

There is also 19 months I think it is between my sisters 2 kiddies, and the boy absolutely doted over his sister! They fight like cat and dog now (she is 2) but they have their good moments too! In all fairness, he was awful with the terrible 2's & 3's in his case! But that is siblings for you no matter how old! lol

All in all, I accepted my sister well, and my nephew loved my niece! x

There is 11 months between my brother and sister lol :shock:

I was 4 when they were born, and insanely jealous of both of them. However, my brother fell in love with my sister when she was born. He adored her and would sit next to her as much as possible and touch her gently. 20 years on they are both still incredibly close to one another.

The only thing that makes me feel things may be ok is Caitlin isn't shy she loves peoples doesn't hide away and when Babyboo was here with Noah she'd just run past him not care in the world. When we're out she craves and tries to catch everyones attention like other week at the clinic she had a whole waiting room in sticthes she'd talk laugh and want to interact with them yet never seen them before. I know not quite the same but hoping a good sign.

Exactly like what carly was like. Now she hides away from people and has become shy!

I know I still have a long way to go but I'm wondering about this too. Sam doesn't seem even slightly bothered if I hold other babies now so I'm hoping that's a good sign, and that having another soon might be easier because he'll be too young to remember being the only one and getting all the attention x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->