Question about heart beat!

Gretaa

Reaction score
:shrug:
I'm confused.
I'm 10 weeks pregnant (not confirmed by the docs yet) and I've bought a doppler couple days ago.
I've been listening to the HB since and I enjoy it soooooo much. And here's the confusion - as i'm only 10 weeks pregnant, the womb should be around pelvic area, however, my baby's HB can be heard left to the belly button. Does that mean my womb is pretty high up, or maybe i'm more weeks pregnant and I've confused my LMP . OR is it just a normal thing? Explain please, because books don't help, google doesn't as well.
Please, need some advice, because my dating scan is just on 22nd of June.
Thanks xxx:coffee:

hi hun :flower:

at 10 weeks you won't be able to hear the heartbeat at the belly button. i'm 20 weeks and still find it easier to hear low down. so i would guess you are either a lot further along than you thought or you are hearing your own heartbeat? baby's will be between 120-180 ish and yours is around 80.

this shows how high your uterus is at various weeks
https://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee490/AngelBunnyFaerie/uigoug.gif

Id say thats your own hb You have a strong femeral artery in each side of of your groin and that can be heard quite far across your body so could be that. I picked that up to start with too. You CAN hear the HB as early as 10 weeks but very very low down into your pubic bone and you'd have to press quite hard and be aware of what youre listening for.
X

yes i agree with cherry bikini i still had to have the doppler right on my pubic bone at 10 weeks & angled in a fair bit. baby's heart will sound very very fast like a train chugging along :D xx

It sounds like you could have the doppler placed over your main atery running through your abdomen. The baby's HB would be way faster and have a crisper sound.

I agree with the others! It's more then likely your own heartbeat. My own heartbeat is very loud and the little ones is a softer much faster one. I also have to go right at my pubic bone and angle it down quite a bit to pick it up. Sometimes it is slightly to the left or right but not much. Good luck!!

when i was 11 weeks, thats where i found the heartbeat as well, if you go a little lower and push quite hard you should be able to hear it further down as well. Mine is deffo babies heartbeat as i have been for my scan and found it there as well :) xx

ok thanks so much girls for the info cuz i was way over confused! now it's clear. i've found a hb on my left side just above my pubic bone. i pressed pretty hard and could hear it but pretty low and not as fast as i thought (not the train :D but faster than my own).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->