Question about making up formula

ColtonsMom

Reaction score
How do you make your formula?

Our formula can says to add one scoop to every two ounces of water.

BUT

Do you fill the bottle to say .. four ounces and THEN add two scoops of formula
OR
Do you put the two scoops of formula in and THEN fill the bottle up to four ounces.

THe reason I ask is because the two scoops of formula take up one ounce of the bottle. So I feel like I'm only putting three ounces of water in it and I dont know if that is too think.
However, when I fill it to four ounces and then put the two scoops that level of finished formula goes up to almost five ounces. So is he still considered eating only four ounces, or is that five ounces?

I also wonder because when he gets up to eating like 8oz, if I put the water in and then the formula the bottle will be overflowing, what would I do about that? :dohh:

Thanks.

Weird ...

Its one scoop to every ounce here :confused:

We do the water and then the formula! It does look like theres more onces when you have the powder in the more full the bottle & the more scoops needed the more of a godo shake it needs :D

Hiya,

Do the water first then the formula :)
Don't worry about the water level going up once you are adding the formula, that'd be counted as four ounces still I believe (well I always counted it that way anyway).

I don't get why the bottle would overflow, unless you have tiny bottles?

Well, I have nine ounce bottles.. (not using big bottles yet though) but it just seems that with nine ounces of water in the bottle and 4.5 scoops of formula it would be overflowing. 2 scoops of teh formula take up 1 ounce of space.

Wobbles.. I wish we had the one scoop to one ounce.. the one scoop to two ounces means that when he is eating three ounces, you have to do a half scoop for the extra ounce. It's so pointless, I feel. :dohh:

If babies having 3oz I made 4oz so having the extra in always helps :D

I have 9oz bottles and Olivia has 8oz so obv with 8oz of water and 8 scoops for formula and I have no leakages, no spills and definately dosent over flow.

x

Mase has 9oz of milk & it dont overlfow.. I put the water in first then add the scoops. xxx

Okay. I dont know, it just seemed like alot of powder to me. But I guess some of it would disolve. I never thought about that. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->