Question about male fertility test results - any idea?

MaggzieP

TTC #1 /PCOS
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I posted in the intro section but got no reply so I hope I do better this time...

I am TTC #1 and have just had confirmation from my GP that she is going to refer us to a fertility clinic here. This means we have both had tests etc.

I have PCOS with anovulatory but regular cycles. The bloods showed no ovulation (not that I was expecting it) but that since losing 12.5 stone (not a typo), that my hormones are now within normal levels. Ovaries still not awake though so that's annoying!

Anyway, she wants me to have the bloods done again from CD21, every 7 days until AF shows up while the referral is processed and he's had his swimmers checked out too.

I have a question about his results that I thought of as I was walking home from the doctors surgery (always the way!)

She said his results were basically good - normal volume of sample @ 3ml, total count 108,000,000, 59% progressive, 34% non-progressive, 7% non-motile but that the viscosity was a bit high.

I am a bit concerned about this - should I try and make sure he drinks more water? She also said she was expecting more about the 39 million mark for the count, not 108 million - I was wondering if this could effect the viscosity? Ie, more of them making it thicker???

Just wondering if anyone could enlighten me.

Thanks all

Sorry I don't know how to interpret sperm analysis. My DH should get his results tomorrow! So i'll be in the same boat as you. If your doc thinks the results are good that should be reassuring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->