Question about measurements from anatomy scan

Wish85

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I'm not sure whether I should be worried or not so I'm asking out of curiosity as it's bugging me.

I was just reading my anatomy scan results and some of the measurements are >95th percentile. They are:

Abdominal circumference, Humerus length & Fetal weight. The other measurements are varied but are closer to the average so not really concerned about them. The humerus bone in his arm is almost the same length as the femur bone in his leg though so that's freaking me out a little bit.

I was 19w 2d at the scan but measuring 20w 1d - do you think that threw the averages out because it's almost a week ahead? It says baby weighs 13oz/356g and everything on the internet says they should weigh 8-10ozs.

Just looking for reassurance I guess. My first son was TINY so I'm worried I may have gestational diabetes or something? Sonographer didn't seem concerned at the scan and I haven't had follow up with my midwife yet.

I don't have my notes in front of me right now, but I do remember that at my anatomy scan my son measured a week big in head circumference, abdominal circumference and a few days big in femur length, the rest seemed pretty average. Oh, and I "think" he also weighed 13 Oz (I will check this later to confirm). I don't know what percentile he is on though, I will try to see if it's in my notes. If I remember correctly all 4 of my babies have been similar at my 20w scan and I have only had one over 9lbs (my second baby). I don't think this it means much at this stage. My babies have all been different weights despite similar 20w scans. First was 5lb 8 at 39 weeks, second was 9lb 3 at 42 weeks and third was 7lb 6 at 41 weeks.

Rio always measured two weeks ahead by head and abdominal circ and femur length. He consistently weighed more too. Nobody ever even mentioned it to me so they can't have keen concerned. I had Gtt and no gestational diabetes though. But he was well above top percentile birth weight and 5lb 8.5 at 32 weeks so no idea what size he would've been at term :haha:

Thanks girls! Maybe bubs just had a growth spurt or something. Hopefully it's 'normal' & nothing to be concerned about xx

Sounds just fine to me. All of my babies "weighed" about a pound at their 20-week scans. My first three were born weighing 7lb13oz (10 days early) and 7lb14oz and 7lb6oz (1 day early). My fourth was supposed to weigh the same and was 2 days late, weighing 9lb2oz. That was a shock. lol. But I don't think you have anything wrong with you or anything. That weight sounds fine.

Babies grow at different rates in the womb. It's possible your LO had a growth spurt earlier than they usually record.

I had my anatomy scan at 18ish weeks but another scan (for a different reason) at 20ish and she weighed 14oz. Probably ahead a fair bit. Nobody's ever given me percentile measurements.

Thank you girls very much for the reassurance xx

My baby boy born at 21 weeks weighed 435g, so the weight sounds fine! They're only estimates anyway :) I'm not much help on the measurements though, but there's plenty of time for things to even out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->