Question about nappy starter kits.

OmiOmen

Mum of two
Reaction score
Hello, I have a question about nappy starter kits and am sorry if this has gotten asked before but I searched the forum and could not find an answer. :shrug:

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a reusable starter nappy set? I am looking for something cheap ish, that uses liners that will offer what I will need day and night right from the start and easy to use (am I asking too much?). I will be using a mix or reusable and disposable nappies to start with until I can afford to buy more reusable nappies so the starter kit does not have to be massive but I would like it to get me as far as it can.

Yay another Derbyite!!! No advice hun as I'm only just starting out with my lil bubby on reusables when she's here too :) !

Heard mothercare smart nappies and bambino mio's are relatively good value and easy to start out with :) I got a newborn mothercare smart nappies trial pack and they seem nice!

Good luck :hugs: ! x

Thank you, I am finding it hard to get to grips with reusable nappies and what you need to buy. I am worried I will get ones that leak or have bits missing or something silly.

I have noticed that not too many people are from Derby on here. Lol.

I live near Derby! Lol.

Have a look at these starter packs, there is a good choice, and some are more expensive than others. :)

https://www.fill-your-pants.com/section/108/1/starter-packs/5aa64c6e6cf00d19394b8fa93c5bed6a

Thank you. I live close to Alfreton, I live in Ripley!

i found mios to be a good starting point but not sure about using them overnight, presonally i don't think they'd hold very well plus I don't like the thought of moisture being next to the skin that long. If you go for some kind of pocket nappy (like BG, pop ins etc) at least then there is a microfibre cover next to babies bum to keep them dry.

Do you have any issues about using preloved nappies? If you don't I would advise looking on here, clthnappytree.co.uk and usednappies.co.uk and getting a few different types to decide which ones you and your baby like. That way you don't spend money on one type and decide its not for you xxx

Do you have any issues about using preloved nappies? If you don't I would advise looking on here, clthnappytree.co.uk and usednappies.co.uk and getting a few different types to decide which ones you and your baby like. That way you don't spend money on one type and decide its not for you xxx

Me and my husband can not quite decide about pre-loved ones yet but it does sound good to be able to get different ones and see which ones I think work best.

I have only brought 9 nappies new (and 6 of those are yet to arrive and they are only new as it was a FAB ebay itti offer :D Never had a problem and i've tried LOADS of nappies :D

i would definately recommend buying preloved if you are unsure about what you want/what each nappy has to offer! then that way you can buy one or two of each type/band and try them before you commit to buying a whole stash. if you are a bit unsure about buying preloved a good hot wash with napisan or something befoe ou use them and buying a few new fleecey liners so your bubs has new stuff next to his/her skin ?? HTH's hun.....if you are unsure of what is what nappy wise if / when you do go to buy then just post us a link and we can translate it (lol) for you if you get confumbled:) i know i was sooooo confuzzled when i was starting out :hugs:

sara

xxxx

is there only me thats fussy about preloveds then? :blush: :dohh: :rofl:

It is very good but also a bit surprising about how much choice there is for reusable nappies. I was not sure about pre-loved but then was told they can be easier to get on with since they have gone through the wash a lot more and then I thought, the point of them is to wash and reuse them anyway so now I am coming round to the idea. I really am starting to thing per-loved may be the way to go because not only are they cheaper (thus may be able to get enough to last without using disposables to start with as well) but I can try different ones and see what works.

Yes the amount of nappies available is amazing and with so many more WAHM's now aswell availablility is growing. Thats one of the difficulties i'm having with my website at the moment is narrowing down nappies to stock.

Sometimes though, the more a nappies been washed the worse they get. I wouldn't be sure about buying a second hand BG for example purely from the smell that starts to come from them. I am a bit funny about second hand stuff in general tho! :blush:

lol i'm not too fussed about preloved but they have to be in great condition :) most of the time i use a fleece liner anyway so :shrug:

Yeah if I was buying preloved it would have to be perfect condition. No skanky marks :sick:

I would give it a good wash when it got here too! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->