Question about the mucus plug

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
Since the beginning of weeks 38, DR's and MW's have been asking if I have had any kind of 'show', to which I tell them no-
I have been looking for it ever since, wondering why on earth I have not had anything showing up- i've had no signs of labour, NOTHING. Even my contractions (according to the CTG) are not regular enough to do anything for me- so I'm kinda just left hanging on;
As I was aware, a bloody discharge, or one with pink tinge to it, and/or snot-like mucus, were all signs that you would get a week, maybe 2 weeks, before labour. Well yesterday when I asked the MW about it, she said you dont get ANY SIGNS until you actually go into labour.
Now im all confused. I know its different from person 2 person, but my understanding was that you atleast get SOMETHING to tell you that labour is on its way!!! Now Im told you dont!:wacko:

it all depends hun, i had a show a week before i went in to labour, but i know others who didnt have a show untill they were well in to labour, each body if diffrent, the signs they tell you to look out for are just guildlines, they are not dead certs, unless your waters break of course lol

i thought you were going to have a section anyway? so you dont want a show in that case! any more news on your c section date?

x

by the looks of your thread you made here...

https://www.babyandbump.com/showthread.php?t=9685

you may have lost it ages ago anyway

x

by the looks of your thread you made here...

https://www.babyandbump.com/showthread.php?t=9685

you may have lost it ages ago anyway

x
In regards to a csection DRs dont want me to have one ((but I think they're just giving up on trying to convince me of otherwise)), but Im determined all the way that I want the baby out by section!
They have told me til they're blue in the face that its not the best/easy option because it takes a while to recover, but like I told them, I dont care, I know I CANNOT cope with natural labour, and my family even agree with this, only the dr's fail to listen and insist I can (though I know different)
You guys have seen what Im like when I have a bee in my bonnet about something, I panick and panick- and I know, that a section is best for the baby and for me, regardless of the suffering after it.
This is going to sound so stupid, but I wont even let them do the vaginal exam because im so scared- silly I know.. it bloody scares me and I dont know why- im just prude like that; so everytime I have been to see the gyne, she has offered to check for progress and I have said 'noooope' to which they tell me they cant touch me without consent. (yes I know, stoooopid) I have refused 3 V-exams now so if I do happen to go into spontanious labour, they wont know whether im too far gone for an epi or not and basically wont know what the hell to do with me because Im so terrified I wont let them touch me, which again, brings me back to the whole CSection thing.
Just get him out, and if I suffer for 6 weeks, then it really is my own fault.
Dr's/hospitals= one hell of a phobia.

So no, no date as of yet, but I just KNOW they're leaving me to go into labour naturally, even though we have discussed a section- they dont wanna do it because of the risks, but I am determined its being done.:cry:
Sorry for the loooong rant. Just wanted to explain it before I start to sound contradicting.

aww, when are you due to go back in to see someone?

Hope you get your section if thats what you want, havent seen a bump pic for a while, how is your bump coming along, i rmember you saying you thought it was small at one stage?

x

aww, when are you due to go back in to see someone?

Hope you get your section if thats what you want, havent seen a bump pic for a while, how is your bump coming along, i rmember you saying you thought it was small at one stage?

x
well i have to go back tomorrow for another one of those CTG tests... i'm telling ya, Im one of those nightmare paitence that you only see in films.. lol.

If ever I said my bump was small, I take that back, its disgustingly huge lol. thats why I have not posted a picture.
Hows your pregnancy coming along anyway?? everything ok? x

Come on louise lets see a pic ... last one before lil man arrives!

Natural labor is a wonderfull thing hun, it really is!

But if you really really don't want natural labor then i honestly think you should have a V/E as they can tell if your cervix is favrable (SP) for labor, they can even esitamte how long they think it would be until labor begins.

xxx

im fine thanks louise, nothing much going on with me to be honest, getting impateint now tho, just want to be able to start counting down lol

I cant wait to do laubor again, i felt like i had it all taken away from me with Coby coz i was induced, luckly i had a reaction to it so they cant do it again thistime round, and so far teh baby isnt big so i dont have to have a section which im pleased about, i want Jase to expericance the waiting and the going to bed wondering if tonights the night! its all so exciting.
Will Nickys dad be with you when you have him? (sorry i forget his name) or are you not on very good terms?

x

Layla it doesn't seem 5 mins since you told us you got a BFP and your flying through this pregnancy!

Glad you can look forward to labor, must admit i liked ellie's birth alot better than maddie's as i was induced, luckily i went on the friday with ellie as i was due for induction on the monday!

Such a wounderful feeling! honest louise its majical!

xxx

Hi Louise,

I've been getting something on and off for a good few weeks now.....I'm still here!!
You should really let your MW do a V/E as Imi said it will help them to see approx where you are up to! Although I do know how you feel about "getting your bits out" I was awful I would'nt let a doc near me when they thought I had Appendicitis all he wanted to do was feel my tummy and I had to move my pants down a tiny bit......I went mad and stormed out of the docs surgery! I was the girl leaving her knickers on to give birth!

At the end of the day if your waters broke then they would have to have a look to see how far dialated you were! They way I think of it is its their job and you think of how many (think of a nice word) "Foo Foo's" they see everyday? It would be like me sat at my desk at work sending an email...its just another one!

As wed's getting closer I'm starting to think I'm really going to panic...ATM I feel like I'm on another planet, I just can't concentrate on anything! Part of me was thinking or rather hoping I'd need a C-section but then thinking about lying there on the operating table hearing all the bits & bobs that are going to be used to cut me open clanking together and then hearing the docs 'scalpal' and all that......I think I'd panic more....infact I know I would do as I'd know I wasn't in control!

You might go naturally in to labour and feel diff to how you do now?

I keep thinking - If it was so bad would people do it everyday?

Hope your ok :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"