Question about Ultrasound on Kidneys

lol2811

Expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I've not been on here for a while but I got a BFP on a tesco test last night and then a BFP 1-2 on a CB digi this morning.

I am still in shock as this was our first proper month of trying, and it took 2 years for our little boy so I am very shocked!!

Anyway, based on my LMP, this puts me at 3w 4d today. Tomorrow I am due to be having an ultrasound on my kidneys to check for other things, I was just wondering though would they be able to tell I was pregnant.

I realise there wouldn't be much to see but would they be able to tell from that at all?

We obviously havent said anything to anyone yet and my mum will be coming with me so was just curious if they would see anything.

Thanks in advance.

They scan you completely differently for your.kidneys its all done through your back, they might check your bladder as well but seeing as it needs to be full it leaves no room to show anything else. They might ask you if you are pregnant but wouldnt be able to see.

At most, i think they might be able to see a tiny empty sac. That is if they scan ur lower abdomen.

congratulations :)

Is doubt it as there's really not much to see that early, just a thick lining on your uterus. Also, they will scan from the back and higher up. This early they would probably need to do a transvaginal to see anything .

It's extremely doubtful that they'd be able to see anything at this point. Too bad, it would be fun to get a peek so early!

I had a scan on my kidneys but I was 17 weeks at the time so obviously they could see baby.
I had a very early scan at 4 weeks with lo as I'm high risk and a sac was barely visible so I doubt they will see it.
However I would suggest you tell them.
Are you fasting for your scan?

If they scanned your uterus all they would see is a thickened lining at this stage.

I would think even if they scanned your womb they wouldn't be able to see anything yet. I had a scan on my ovaries after I had my daughter and I was 3 weeks with my second but didn't know! They were scanning internally so they had a good close up view of everything and they didn't see any evidence of the baby xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->