Question about washing items

Jen09

Reaction score
I know you're suppose to wash all the clothes, given, store bought, etc. Do you do the same with the blankets, wash clothes, towels, etc? It might sound stupid, but I'm honestly clueless.

yep, i will be washing all them and sterilising all dummys and bottles and breast pumps before using them too.

not going to bother with pram insides and car seat or baby bouncer etc etc though. or moses basket lining... but will wash the blanket you get with it.

xXx

Yes, I will be washing them all and wiping over the bouncer and swing with disinfectant, anything that is coming in contact with my little boys skin will be washed, hope this helps, take care :hugs: XX

Yep we washed everything including the car seat, stroller, and swing cover

Im washing everything apart from the pram, bouncy chair and car seat

Well this wasn't something I even thought about until my mum mentioned it last week, good job she did or I'd not even have given a thought to washing things. Well I would have done the obvious of washing/sterilising bottles etc but wouldn't really have given clothing things much thought.

Wilkinson sell nursery wipes which are great if you want to give the plastic a wipe over on bouncy chairs and things like that.

I've washed everything - new and second hand stuff. And hand knitted stuff will get a washing too. Plus aint it fun - it gives you an excuse to play with everything and ooh and ahh over everything :)

And just a tip - wash clothes inside out especially anything furry, otherwise they can look worn before you've even had the baby.

can i ask........when did u all start doing this (sry to intrude x )

Do you mean the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time? :rofl:

I did mine as and when I got things from like 4 weeks onwards!
Then my mum wanted to see the clothes and she washed everything again as she wanted to play with everything too BUT she went and used BIOLOGICAL :dohh:

So 3rd time lately with non- bio :dohh:

I guess they are clean now ............ :baby:

Ive started, and putting them all in a drawer, will leave the bottles etc until nearer the time as I want to try and BF again first x

I havnt done bottles and breast pump yet just incase i dont need them that way i can just sell them on.

omg i better get somat sorted :rofl:i cant wait to start washing everything, and seeing wot weve got etc ....... all the cute things :cloud9:

I washed all clothes, blankets, towels, bibs, hats, shoes etc etc.

Don't forget that you have to wash towels before you use them, otherwise they wont absorb.

I want to wash her new teddies too as they were picked up from the shelf in store but I don't wanna ruin them as they are soooo soft and lovely

Everything that can be washed I washed…maybe I’ve gone overboard but it feels like the rights thing to do and it helps to pass the time.

I've washed everything, including carrycot liner, car seat cover etc and when my steriliser arrives I'll be sterilising everything too :)

I washed all clothes, blankets, towels, bibs, hats, shoes etc etc.

Don't forget that you have to wash towels before you use them, otherwise they wont absorb.

I want to wash her new teddies too as they were picked up from the shelf in store but I don't wanna ruin them as they are soooo soft and lovely

I've thought that about teddies too!! Seems a shame but think might have to be done... I'm definitely washing the ones that are half blanket half teddy type thing as that's what baby will have at first.

I have actually kept some clothes in bags with their tags on just in case we don't get to use that size or something so they can be taken back.

I've just started washing clothes, blankets, towels, recieveing blankets, sheets...you name it! I had mostly everything hung up in age range in the closet so I have everything up to 6 months washed...and as I have another baby shower i will wash whatever I can to get a big enought load run through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->