question for migrain sufferes

elainegee

Reaction score
I have had migraines since i was around 12ish years old. Luckily though i only experience maybe 2-3 a year and they would always be months apart.

With my daughter i don't remember having one migraine throughout the whole pregnancy, although remember having one about two weeks after she was born.

This time around i have had 4 since i found out i was pregnant, two being within the last week. However they ain't as severe i don't seem to get the sickness feeling, all i get is the visual disturbance, which warns me one is coming on and then a really heavy sore head and sensitive eyes.

What worries me is i have been feeling really out of breath on just resting and sometimes feel like my heart is beating out my chest, when i am doing nothing! When i get into bed i feel like i really need to struggle to catch my breath. I have mentioned this a few times to midwifes/dr's and they check my pulse and BP and they always say it ok.

Reading up on it i found that migraine can also suggest a problem with the cardiovasular system, this is what is worrying me, because i have had 4 since i was pregnant which is more than i ever get in a year. I have an appointment with my consultant next monday so i am planning on telling him my fears and see what he thinks.

I was just wondering if anyone else with migraines feels like this or perhaps had more migraines with different symptoms and if so did you tell the consultant / dr and what did they say?

I know i will be ok, but i have just felt that ill throughout this pregnancy (SPD is a main factor) and the fact i cant walk the length of myself without feeling totally knackered makes me feel there is something else wrong... total pessimist i know. Any comments most welcome!

i have had a headache/migraine for the past 5 days. i also feel really weak and dizzy, can't stand for very long as i feel faint and have pain and presure behind my right eye :(

Hiya hun, I've suffered with migraines since i was around 15/16 & like you seemed to get a full on migraine every so many months but odd head aches in between. With my 1st pregnancy i got the worlds monster of a migraine for a full 5 days then the week after when i was better i discovered i was pregnant. I don't remember having any other migraines throughout that pregnancy but this pregnancy i've had about 4 so far & when i mentioned it to the consultant at the hospital they weren't to bothered, they checked me out anyway & suggested an eye test which i'd not long had anyway (which ruled out my eyes as the cause). Anyway so far the docs seem to be fine with it , So i guess if i was having other symptoms that may lead them to look into it further but the symptoms i get & describe so far they are fine with & just gave me cocodamols .

Don't get over worried about what you read online hun, speak to the docs 1st & go from there. x

I had a month or two of lots of migraines, and they were slightly different to my normal ones. I finally worked out that they were caused by sleeping with too many pillows and getting a sore neck. I think our bodies have so much to cope with in pregnancy that any little thing like that can set a migraine off. Whenever I mentioned it to my doctor, she wasn't bothered and just checked that I was coping. It's worth talking to your doctor about it but I wouldn't worry too much. Remember that your body is working for two people now so you're bound to get out of breath more easily.

Ive got exactly the same as you. But theyre not the usual migraines I get which are rare like yours, I just get the visual aura in my right eye, numbness down my left side and then when it's finished I chat gobshite for about an hour and can't get my words out or make sense to anyone. It's really scary. I get one a week, maybe more. I was supposed to have an mri scan but they cancelled it due to me being pregnant (duh)...I never have a clue what brings it on and there's eff all I can do about it :( I hope you feel better soon hun xxx

Hi I have been suffering migraines since I was 9, so over 20 years. They vary in severity but symptoms i've had include, severe pain, visual disturbance including loss of sight (only for a few seconds at a time), Severe vomiting, fever, racing heart, Spinning/dizzy sensations, loss of sensation in limbs. Ive had two migraine since getting pregnant. The first was severe and couldn't get out of bed, second was milder but laster 4 days. I asked consultant about them and he said hormones can change migraine patterns and to keep a record of them, if they keep coming then to see my gp as they know the history behind me attacks.

I hope they ease for you soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->