Question for those that got an early BFP

Thisismyyear

Expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies

Congrats on your BFP and I hope your pregnancies are going well.

I got a BFP two days ago on a FRER at only 8 DPO. It was a faint line but easy to see without squinting etc. I've since taken 3 other FRER tests and a digi. Because I tested so early, dH told me not to call Doctors for an appointment Judy yet and a friend told me to keep testing.

I just wondered when others with early BFPs stopped testing and made the Doctors appointment? It's all so cautious at the moment that I feel the BFP was an anti climax as I can't enjoy it yet. I'm sticking to the TWW board at the moment but just popped over to see if anyone was in the same situation.

With my first I was on a TTC break so he was a surprise BFP at nearly 6 weeks. That was much easier than having to wait and pray it's a sticky bean! (Not that I ever stopped worrying throughout that pregnancy!)

Thanks and happy and healthy pregnancies to you all.

I meant to add that these are my tests over the last two days. I don't want to have to keep testing like this!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 33
With this pregnancy, I got my bfp at 11dpo after getting a bfn at 8dpo. Still, I take one test on the date I would have gotten my af if I wasn't pregnant to snap a photo for my baby book (just something I've done with each baby) and then another test if/when I have spotting, which I've had with 3 of my 4 pregnancies, including this one, and make the appt with the doctor once I hit 5 weeks.

Sweetheart you are definitely pregnant!! Those are gorgeous lines!!! I'd get excited now and call the doctor. Chances are it will be a couple+ weeks before you get in! Congratulations! !!

Start celebrating! Those are very positive pregnancy tests :) Congrats and Happy and Healthy 9 months to you :)

What the others have said those are super dark line for 8/9 dpo... and progressing well !!!! I don't think you have to worry ! Congratulations and call the dr!!!!! :winkwink:

I see you are in the UK, usually you go straight to the midwife, I had to just fill in a form (did that at 5 weeks) waited for a call which I got at 7.5 weeks and had my booking in appointment with the midwife at 8.5 weeks. Midwives usually don't see you til 8 to 10 weeks of course all GPs vary but call and find out what you need to do.

Congratulations they are great lines! Xx

I'm only 12 dpo and have taken 3 tests so far. Each gotten darker yay! I plan to call the mw tomorrow because we have a shortage of midwives in our area so if you dont call super early you won't get in and are stuck with an ob. I won't have my first appointment with them until 12 weeks though. I may or may not go into see my gp depending. It seems like a lot hassle for me with a 9 month old only to get some blood work that tells me I'm pregnant (which I already know) and possibly an early scan.

Thank you all for the lovely replies and comments! I'm so glad I posted this now - it really cheered me up. I must admit I was very surprised when my friend said to keep testing every day. She was a LTTTC'er so I take her advice on a lot of things. I am happy to stop testing and just test one more the day after AF - that was always my plan.

Cookie1979 - I went to the Doctor last time but maybe they won't need to see me this time round. I will ask the reception whether I need to make an appointment or just let them know.

Winterbabies3 - you are right, it does take 2 weeks to get a non urgent appointment at my Doctors so I will call tomorrow!

Thank you all so much! Look forward to seeing a lot more of you all on this board xx

Those lines do indeed look great.

I do understand your Hubby wanting to be more cautious tho. In April, I had a great line at 9dpo and called doc right away and got blood test. My hcg was 25. Then 2 days later, got another blood test and it was 7. And then my period came. So this time, I repeated the home test for 5 straight days, confirmed the lines are darker, and waited past my expected period before I went to tHe doctor for comfirmatIon.

The wait is agony but it saves the time of going to hospital several times. Imo, at supe early stage, the little bean will/will not stick regardless how early you go to the doCtor. The first prenatal appt isn't usually until 8 weeks (and the earliest I have heard is 5 weeks)

Those lines do indeed look great.

I do understand your Hubby wanting to be more cautious tho. In April, I had a great line at 9dpo and called doc right away and got blood test. My hcg was 25. Then 2 days later, got another blood test and it was 7. And then my period came. So this time, I repeated the home test for 5 straight days, confirmed the lines are darker, and waited past my expected period before I went to tHe doctor for comfirmatIon.

The wait is agony but it saves the time of going to hospital several times. Imo, at supe early stage, the little bean will/will not stick regardless how early you go to the doCtor. The first prenatal appt isn't usually until 8 weeks (and the earliest I have heard is 5 weeks)

CAx3 - sorry for your loss. I can understand you wanting to be cautious now. I have read posts in the TWW forum where women say they won't test early anymore as its better not to know about a chemical. That's probably the same train of thought my friend was coming from as she has been through it too. I think my husband is afraid of jinxing it but I agree it won't make a difference. As others have said, it takes a couple of weeks just to get an appointment in the UK (at which point you essentially go down on a waiting list for your first prenatal appointment). It's a slow process but I agree there is no rush.

Thanks for sharing and I wish you a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"