question for u prem mums..

ccmummy

Reaction score
ok u probs wonderin why im postin this here but im tryin to ease my mind, i already have 2 children who was born full term,
but since i found out i was pg again ive got this bad feelin she is goin to cum early dnt no why?!!

anyway my QUESTION IS..... last week i was at hospital due to tightenings they sed all is fine an sent me on my way, but been gettin then again on and off allday today, they do hurt dnt last long, and not in a reg pattern, i neva got this with other 2,
was this a sign for any of u goin into early labour and shud i be worried an make someone listen to me?? thank you

Did they examine you or put you on a trace at all? Or just speak to you?

Premature labour comes in many many forms and there's no textbook answer I'm afraid.
My own experience was exactly the same labour as my full term experience over a year later.

I'd also recommend to stay hydrated all day as this can ward off any contractions or ease Braxton hicks. Since this is your 3rd child it's not uncommon to have Braxton hicks now or even earlier than your gestation.

I'd say stick with your gut feeling and if you feel you need seen again, do it.

Did they examine you or put you on a trace at all? Or just speak to you?

Premature labour comes in many many forms and there's no textbook answer I'm afraid.
My own experience was exactly the same labour as my full term experience over a year later.

I'd also recommend to stay hydrated all day as this can ward off any contractions or ease Braxton hicks. Since this is your 3rd child it's not uncommon to have Braxton hicks now or even earlier than your gestation.

I'd say stick with your gut feeling and if you feel you need seen again, do it.

Hi thank u. They checked my cerrvix an sed it was still clised. Sed thhey ccudnt put me on a trace montor due to bein to early? Im back at midwifes timoz so guna see what she says.. Thank u again x

It was the fact that I had very minor period-type pains on a very regular 5 minute interval that rang alarm bells for me - if they were irregular I wouldn't have been bothered.

It was the fact that I had very minor period-type pains on a very regular 5 minute interval that rang alarm bells for me - if they were irregular I wouldn't have been bothered.

hi there thank you, they is no like pattern time to them, say like il get 1 at 9 then il get another at 10 past 9 then say 10, so on so on,

was at midwife today she sed baby is very low down and just to keep an eye on them if i get um like every 10 mins an last like an hour to ring up, thank u for ur reply, pregnancy is so worry aint it xx

I had the tightening from 32 weeks until I delivered at 35 weeks 4 days. I was prob having it before then, but being a FTM I didn't know what was happening. I would keep track of how many I had in an hour and how far apart they were. There were times when it would happen every couple of minutes, but it didn't cause me to dilate. I called my doctor multiple times, and I went to labor and delivery several times so they could hook me up to the monitors and check my cervix. My doctors just called it cramping and not true contractions. My one doctor just kept telling me you will know when it is really labor, but you already have children so you know that :). Good luck!

I had irregular tightenings at about 22 weeks, especially after walking. They didn't hurt and it was my first pregnancy, so I didn't know what they were. My first sign then was a bleed, at which point I was 6cm dilated. My answer to all mummies on here always ends with trust your mummy instincts. I'd a hundred times rather go back and ask for a second check and be told I'm being silly than wait and leave it too long. Follow your gut - hopefully it's just nothing though. Good luck for the rest of your pregnancy, and wishing you a happy and healthy few months yet.

Thanks everyone. I feel much better today. And midwife told me just to keep an eye on them. I do hope they dnt turn into anything. An just stay as they r. Ahain thank u for all ur replys xxx

I had tightenings through my lower back, went to the hospital and was told it was a bladder infection (no test done, that was the doctors guess). They kept me in overnight to give me IV antibiotics but the tightenings really felt like mild back labor. No one would listen to me and kept insisting it was bladder spasms. My water broke the next day as I HAD been in labor and my sweet little girl was born at 23weeks 6 days. She is doing alright... amazingly! My advice to you is this: Listen to your gut! If you feel something is wrong, do not do what I did and let the medical staff ignore it. Insist that you be put on the machine to measure contractions, insist on an internal ultrasound for a reliable check of the cervix. If you are worrying over nothing and everything is ok, you haven't hurt anything by having tests done.

I had tightenings through my lower back, went to the hospital and was told it was a bladder infection (no test done, that was the doctors guess). They kept me in overnight to give me IV antibiotics but the tightenings really felt like mild back labor. No one would listen to me and kept insisting it was bladder spasms. My water broke the next day as I HAD been in labor and my sweet little girl was born at 23weeks 6 days. She is doing alright... amazingly! My advice to you is this: Listen to your gut! If you feel something is wrong, do not do what I did and let the medical staff ignore it. Insist that you be put on the machine to measure contractions, insist on an internal ultrasound for a reliable check of the cervix. If you are worrying over nothing and everything is ok, you haven't hurt anything by having tests done.

thank you so much for ur reply, an congrats on the birth of ur baby girl, and great to hear she is doin well, im still gettin these tightenings, they is no pattern to them, my lower tummy goes rock hard an they hurt, i also do av lower back ache, i real so depressed as everytime i ring up they just say coz im not gettin them every 10 mins or so they is nothing to worry about, (i hope they r right) i just carnt shake of this feelin i have, baby is still active, an i hope all this presure an tightenings im gettin is all just because she is so low down, thats wot i hope anyway x

I wanted to second the suggestion to follow your mommy instincts. A week before i went into labor, i told my midwife "this baby is coming early". I just had the feeling she wanted out. The midwife said there was truly no sign of impending labor. Then i went in again the DAY before i went into labor, this time thinking my water was broken. It was, but the test showed up negative for amniotic fluid. I went into labor the next day. So, yes. Insist on the tests you need to put your mind at ease. My girl is home now and healthy, but the NICU isnt an easy road.

I have to agree with everyone else. I also had this feeling she was coming early and the week before my water broke I felt terrible. I look back now and I definitely knew she was coming but I am not sure it would have made a difference if I saw a doctor. I was going for non-stress tests twice a week and they came up saying the baby was happy. I actually had one not even 48 hours before my water broke. I was also 33 weeks and 6 days when my water broke and they said at that point they wouldn't have stopped the labour but would have just did everything in their power to make sure the baby came out healthy.

I definitely second that. My doc said I was over-reacting. I was having pain and she said he was laying on my bladder most likely. 2 days later - 30 week premie....

thank you for ur replys, pains do cum an go but we still here x

Definitely go with your instincts. I didn't go into labour - I had an emergency c-section at 27 weeks so I don't know about the tightenings but I would go with your gut feeling.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->