Question that may help all mothers when feeding solids - for us beginners :)

charlie07

Reaction score
Having read some threads and going back to the questions I had when I first started weaning, I thought we could try to answer the question on here.

How much do you feed your baby once weaned????

Ok, we all know that each baby is different and will eat different amounts at different times, but there is no where that gives you a guideline, not even an average, e.g. a survey of 10 or even a million mothers says they feed their baby, ON AVERAGE, so many ounces of food.

So, all I was thinking was if you could maybe answer the question, it may help other mothers starting out weaning.

The question is:
At one meal (maybe dinner or tea), the biggest meal you give, NOT INCLUDING MILK, how many ounces or ice cube servings, on average, do you give your baby? Also state what age your baby is.

I will go for dinner time as this is her biggest meal.

On average she will have:
5 ice cube servings of food
2 ice cube servings of fruit with yogurt (normally 2 tbs)

= 7 servings plus yogurt

Gabbi is 7 months old.

Now I am not sure if this is enough food, sometimes she takes less and sometimes she's left wanting more (never cries for more though), but I do not want to give her too much if she turns out to be a baby who will eat and eat!

It will be great to see what other babies are being fed.

Thanks girls

My baby is currently 6 months and nearly 3 weeks old. She is established 3 meals a day.

For dinner (as in tea 5pm)on an avergae day, she'll eat approx;

4/5 ice cubes of savoury. With the Annabel karmel trays we're hitting about 1 1/2 pots followed by milk (breast). about an hour or so later she'll have dessert.
This tends to be a full large mashed banana with either half a kiwi or a couple of mashed strawberries or a yogurt.

I am the same as you, my daughter eats loads and i never know whether i'm gving her too much or too little :shrug:

Hebe has 2 meals a day.

Breakfast is 1 rusk with 2 tbsp of porridge and 2oz milk mixed in.

Tea is 100g of veg and a 60g of fruit or petit filous.

She has snacks in between but not that I count this food really as she doesnt eat loads.

Jasmine get a little bit of fruit and cereal in the morning, i'd say its about 4oz, she sometimes doesn't eat it all.

At dinner she usually has more, about 5-6oz of a veggies and some cereal.

Lola is 7 months and has 3 meals per day.

The most she has at breakfast, she has fruit mixed with cereal and a fruit puree + a yogurt. I can't say how much totally, it depends...about 3 ice cubes on average.

She has veggies and finger foods for lunch and dinner. Here I'd say about 5 ice cubes.
And she has a snack in between.

I don't know that I can really pinpoint what Hannah has, she has a lot of finger foods with her meals plus a couple of ice cubes of something. She eats what she wants and leaves the rest but I usually have at least 2 finger foods on her tray (fruit, veggie, cheese, meat etc.)

logan is 7 months old

he has 7oz n ceral (3 dessert spoons n water) for breakfast
half a stage 2 jar for dinner n 3 oz juice with extra added water
half a stage 2 jar for tea n 3 oz juice with extra added water
7oz for bedtime

now and then he'l have snacks like 1/4 rusk or half a berry bear btwn dinner n tea, but most of the time he just plays with it. xx

xx

I'm using the Brother Max pots to freeze the food so I'm not sure how many ice cubes it is. I'd say about 3 or 4. She also has desert either a small fromage frais or fruit puree or a pot of fruit - organix or banana custard!!
I think she'd eat more at lunch but she isn't taking enough milk in so don't want her to be too full.

Hi all

Thanks so much for your input.

At the moment Gabbi is 7 1/2 months old and I am not sure if I am feeding Gabbi too much solid food:

Breakfast - she has milk and then cereal, Cereal she normally has 2 oz plus 1 oz fruit
but she doesn't want that much milk, maybe 100 - 140 ml and the other morning she only had 30ml!! (which is 1 oz).
Dinner - 6 oz food, 2 oz fruit and 2 - 3 oz yogurt
Mid afternoon - whatever milk she will have, 140 - 210 ml
Tea - 4 oz food, 1 - 2 oz fruit and 2 - 3 cereal
Night - whatever milk, 160 - 210 ml

Total number of food in ounces is between 17 - 24 ounces. Is this too much?

Her feet are that fat that none of her shoes fit her!!!

I think it's normal from them to have chubby feet at this age ;)

Again I'm not really sure on the amounts in ounces Hannah eats but here's a rundown of her food

Morning she has a bottle anywhere from 2-5 ounces than cereal made up with 3 ounces of formula and 1/2 jar of fruit

Mid morning snack, fruit, cheerios, etc. sometimes she wants it sometimes not

lunch a small serving of 3-4 items. For example today she will have 3-4 pieces of broccoli cut up, 1/2 stick of cheese cut up, 1 serving of a baby yogurt, and avocado or banana pieces

mid afternoon snack same things as morning, usually a fruit, sometimes she eats it sometimes not

dinner 1/2 stage 3 jar plus a finger food (cut up berries, fruit, cheese, bread) and a fruit cup for dessert.

she's offered water at each meal

and we give her a sippy cup with formula in it throughout the day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->