Questions about day 21 and FSH tests

bbbunny

Reaction score
I just tried posting this and my Internet failed so I am sorry if this ends up as a double post.

Basically I went to the doctors today and we got talking about how myself and DH have TTC in the past with no success and how I believe I may have PCOS. As I recently had a scan that was clear she said to try a blood test. She said to come in 21 days after my last AF and then one week after my next AF for the tests.

The test she has ordered for a week after my next AF is to test for

FSH LH prolactin TSH and testosterone

My questions are

Firstly I worked it out when I got home that I am too late this cycle for the day 21 test so will have to do it after next AF does this mean that I have to wait until the cycle after that for the test that I have to do a week after AF or do they have to be in a specific order?

Also as far as I knew the FSH tests should be done moRe at the start of your cycle not a week after AF has she given me the wrong information?

She has written on the paperwork primary infertility which has upset me a little as we haven't even been trying so far this year due to other circumstances :cry:

I know my doc preferred to have my FSH and Progesterone tests done in the same cycle, but it is not absolutely necessary. So yes, by missing your 21 day test - you have af - then test for FSH and later in that cycle you test for your cd21 test...so it worked out for the best.

The FSH is supposed to be taken when hormones are at their lowest so cd3-5 is what I've read "everywhere"...so I don't know why she says cd 7...but I guess its not that far off from cd5?

I just posted about my blood tests too - so read here if you want to:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/trying-to-conceive/2003091-fsh-lh-blood-test-not-cd3.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->