questions about false positives??

prairie03

Reaction score
First time posting but here is my situation. I had a mirena iud placed july 2017,light periods throughout, had a very heavy period 29/12/18-03/01/19. Started having sore breasts on Wednesday (3 kids only times breasts have been sore is during pregnancy, my oh crap moment) had a positive home test 24/01/19 at home and a faint positive test confirmed at Dr. on Friday 25/01/19. Thinking I was around 3 weeks she immediately sent me for a hcg level and ultrasound to rule out ectopic. Wasn't given a level but was told hcg was low (forgot to ask was kinda shocked about what was going on) and couldn't find my iud or any sign of a gestational sac. Possible cyst detected. They told me at some point I lost my iud but I was definitely NOT pregnant told to come in on Monday for another blood test and ultrasound. 2 days late now and usually very regular. So just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience?

I haven't, however there is no way you would see a gestational sac that early! Honestly from the info you have given I don't know how they could possibly say you're definitely not pregnant. I would get a second opinion.

You're too early to see anything on ultrasound. I think below 5 they class as not pregnant, but anything over that is pregnant. I'd call them and ask what the actual number is. Also, if you aren't pregnant, according to them, why are they doing another hcg on Monday?? Doesn't make sense. My guess would be that it was over 5, but maybe not as high as they thought it should be, so they want to see if it's rising?? Good luck and hope you get answers soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->