Questions from an OPK newbie

Ganton

Reaction score
Hello, I hope you ladies can help me with some OPK questions.

I started using OPKs about 5 days a go, and I think I got my first positive this morning. I'd upload a pic if it's possible to do from a phone, so if anyone knows how to upload that'd help with my first problem.

Anyway, assuming it was a positive test, I have the following questions:

1) once you think you have a positive, do you continue to test with OPKs to watch it go negative again, so that you can be sure it's a peak? How long do you generally continue to test for? I will definitely test again tonight anyway,
2) sorry for TMI, but we DTD last night and have been doing so every other day. Now that I have a positive though, I know it means ovulation is imminent so is it best to try again tonight, even though that would only be 24 hours rest?
3) my understanding is that a positive OPK means that ovulation is due in the next day or two, but I've had a bit of cramping this morning which normally happens at, rather than before, ovulation? Does cramping at the same time as a positive OPK sound normal/ok?

Sorry for all the questions. I was planning to take a relaxed approach to TTC #2, but clearly I'm already obsessed!!

Hello! I'm not sure if you know this or not so sorry if you do i just wanna get this out there so if you don't know you will. OPKS are only positive if the test line is darker or the exact same color as the control line...I do test a few days after i get a positive to be sure that if it isn't a positive yet that it progresses up to one. Also a positive OPK doesn't confirm O since your body can gear up to O and then not do it. the only way to confirm O for sure is to start temping/charting with a basal thermometer. i've been told to DTD at least every other day since sperm can live for a few days. you are correct a positive means within the next day or two. i have O pains before and during O every time i have cramped i've gotten almost positive or positive OPKS so i'd say it probably is normal. hope this helped. Good Luck. Sending baby dust your way. :dust: :dust:

Thanks for your reply. The test yerday morning was only just the same colour ad the control, certainly not darker, so I've carried on testing. It was negative last night, but has gone a bit darker again this morning. I'll keep testing for a few days, and keep BDing, so hopefully we'll catch it whenever it happens!

Your welcome. Sounds like a positive to me! if it's the same color or darker it's positive :) i've heard someone say your urine can get diluted from drinking throughout the day and give a negative reading at night. Good luck!! baby dust :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->