quick question :-)

whiskas123

Reaction score
hello everyone ^.^ just signed up to the web site and have a quick question. I am sure its not common for guys :blush: to be signing up for the forum but, we desperately want a baby (lol)

I hope my question(s) will not annoy anyone... there we go

me and gf have been trying for the last 3 months (approx.) she has very regular cycle never skips a beat and is quite predictable. last period however was quite unusual and was almost not there.. she keeps telling she feels different (like she might be pregnant).. but then we don't want to get our hopes high, she did go for blood test and did 4-5 tests all negative. there we put it to rest and decided to keep trying until it happens. this morning out of the blue we took another test thinking it will be just like the other ones, but this test kind of looks a little different ... not sure if its me and wishful thinking or does this look like a positive?

photo.jpg

it was more like a line before but starting to fade now that it has been sitting there for a while... is there a reason to get excited over this or is it common to get false positives (if this is positive at all)?

this is pretty much the first time we did a test with the first wee of the day. she just took another (brand name) test as this was just a generic no name test, and that one came out negative with the 2nd or 3rd pee of the day lol

thanks again everyone and good luck to all :) :winkwink:

Hcg hormones are what the tests detect they tend to double every 24 hours. So have her test tomorrow morning with second morning urine. ( usually even a faint line is a positive result)

Did you check the test before ten minutes passed?

Pink dye tests are usually more accurate. There is such a thing as chemical pregnancy. (Which can give false positive) how long before this "positive" did the blood results say negative?

thank you for your reply :)

yes I checked it within 5 minutes and it was more like a line but, more I wait it is starting to fade :cry:

I showed it to her with quite a bit of hesitation (I don't want to get our hopes high if its a false positive or a bad test) she still got upset with me for not showing her right away :flower: (just didn't want her to freak out lol).

I just don't want her to feel bad if its a negative or u know (and probably she will never know I signed up for a forum lol)...

we will try again tomorrow morning but, omg fingers crossed I am so hoping she is pregnant :blush:

Why is the control line and the specimen hole off center? Did you take it apart and put it back together? Have her test again but don't take it apart this time.

yes last week blood test said negative, all along with the other tests saying negative.

I didn't take it apart or anything.. this is a cheap test so that's why I went and got some brand name tests right after but, that came out negative. i think best thing to do is (as difficult as it is) wait !! and do another test tomorrow morning ..

god i hope she is :-(

by the way that line almost completely disappeared now ????? does this thing evaporate or isn't this supposed to stay the way it is ?

You should just have her test in the morning. She might love to know about this forum. There are lots of peoplle here that can relate to her. Good luck fingers crossed for you two!

There are what's called evap lines. I'm not so sure about it staying once there though.

even tho we both hate waiting i think best thing to do is, not getting overly excited over this and, do a test tomorrow morning .. :cry:

thank you for good luck wish, we will keep trying :hugs:

Sometimes as the dye moves across the test it will linger for a little bit where the test line is supposed to be and then fade as time passes. There is sometimes a variance in the amount of dye in the tests (especially the cheapies) and that will cause some of the dye to get 'caught' on that antibody strip. Seeing that there is a spot where the dye pooled, i would bet money that this is the case.

It's definitely a funky looking test. I'd guess it was a faulty test, and try again tomorrow.

Sometimes the stress and excitement of TTC can screw up your cycles a bit. My first period after we started was late and crazy, and I was definitely not pregnant. I think we just psych ourselves out sometimes, seems pretty common early on in the process. But you never know! Good luck to you both :)

I can see the colour, but the line itself looks a bit off. I would really recommend getting a frer (first response early) test, as these have always given me the best results, and I've never heard of them giving a false positive. They are expensive, but worth it! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->