Quick rant

Mia is underweight & honestly I have enough of peoples f****in comments oh my she looks like a newborn e.t.c so honestly I cant begin to imagine how you are feeling but as long as your prince is healthy & strong you will keep fighting for him hope he continues to do well :hugs:xx

:hugs:

I can relate although my child isnt special needs she has a very large strawberry birth mark on her hand.
I have miss counted the times she has been stared out , people pulling faces that look disgusted, non stop questions and even people that will say ' what the hell is that'
It hurts like hell but i am beggining to ignore and not look at anyone while i am walking so noone can catch my eye and come over to have a look. Just do what i need to do. And i have even had the ' why didnt you take some sort of test to find out if she had it?'

In no way does this compare but i thought i'd say i know how you feel when it comes to other people being rude :hugs: You are doing such a good job , and it must be so hard for you having no sleep on top of everything.

Hold your head up high , your son is bloody gorgeous! Dont let anyone bring you down :hugs:

You definately understand how i feel, it actually got to the point i didn't take jaiden out of his pram as it drawed so much attention (i have his feeding machine in his pram bag and there are lots of tubes that connect him to it)

But now i think, you know what i need to grow a backbone. I am bloody proud of my beautiful baby and if people want to stare at him because of a tube on his face then they can do so,,,,,,why should i hide my baby, just because its visually disturbing to see such a thing??

If you don't like it, then don't look and i need to just tell people to mind their own business, instead of crying. :blush:

Some people are so wrapped up in their perfect little worlds, that they don't realise somethings aren't always "normal" (whatever that is).

Thank you for everyones kind words xxx

I'm so sorry people are rude like that. I agree...if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

He's a gorgeous baby hon!

:hug:

Dont worry know what you mean xx
I was got an oldest man say to me I didnt deserve children if I couldnt look after them with matilda having her two pots legs and scares on her head xx
I had had enough enoughb and just said do you really think if I had hurt her I would still have her you idoit and its a pity th e doctors and help your bloody face that needs surgery xx (Not that there was anything wrong with him) just got to the point I had had enough xxx
So definatley know what you mean xxxx
Try not to take them to heart and get him out and be proud I do now and will continue to even when Matilda is in a Wheelchair xxx

Mia is underweight & honestly I have enough of peoples f****in comments oh my she looks like a newborn e.t.c so honestly I cant begin to imagine how you are feeling but as long as your prince is healthy & strong you will keep fighting for him hope he continues to do well :hugs:xx

i have the same problem. Ali was born weighing only 5ibs 3ozs and i sick to death of people pointing out how little he is. it is so fricking rude......i was sooooo rude to someone the other day, i basically said to her 'it aint a crime having a small baby' and walked off.....

Charlotte - i am so sorry to hear what you are going through. people can be so rude and inconsiderate. you are a wonderful mummy. you and jayden are in my thoughts hun. XXX

:( ignore them hun, you are brilliant & your bubs is gorgeous :hugs:

I'm sorry you have to put up with this.

There's this nosey old woman who lives near me, and she was going on at me about how I must get tested to see if the baby has the illness I have... apart from there aren't any test because it isn't genetic. I hate it how people stick their noses in, its absoloutely none of their business.

It sounds like you do a fantastic job with your son, it must be really hard work and these people are obviously just ignorant and rude. *hugs*

How freaking rude. This really pisses me off. Sorry you have to deal with such ignorance on a daily basis.

Hun, i'm so glad to have found someone else on here who's baby is tube fed. We are at the start of our difficult journey and are still trying to get our heads round it all. When Niamh was 2 days old we found out she had pierre robin sequence. She has a cleft palate, small bottom jaw but normal size tongue, which sits far back and often blocks her airway.
We are lucky in the respect that Niamh will only need to be tube fed for 9-10 months, but its still heartbreaking. We haven't yet learnt how to put the tube back in, so have to go to hospital everytime she pulls it out.
Its difficult enough dealing with things yourself without having to answer 100's of questions wherever you go. I nearly punched someone in asda last week! some people really don't think before they speak.
I would never dream of walking up to a stranger with a baby and ask why they have a tube! And if anyone else asks me why shes on oxygen, i might kill them! I feel like saying its a bloody feeding tube you thick ****!
I know Niamh's problems are different to your LO's but i know where your coming from on the feeding front.
Have you found anything good to stick the tube down with? I'm still not great at changing the plasters, it takes 2 of us! Sure we'll get better with practice.

If you need to vent, PM me.

aww hun many hugs. I have come face to face wth some very rude arrogent people who have made rather nasty comments about my ds. I'm actually quite vocal now before i woud just feel terribly upset but now i dont. My skin is as thick as lead now. I'm very pround of my little boy as you are with mia take no notice of people trying to put your babs down. Damian was prem when he was born and was 5 7 and he was soo little but so adorable and cute to me and everyone who knows him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->