Quick rant

charlottecco2

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
I am so glad there is this section on the forum now, I just wanted to have a quick rant now.
As many of you know my baby was born with total kidney failure and was in hospital for 4 1/2 months and has to be hooked up to a machine for 10hours a night along with medication 4 times a day, injections twice a week, and continuously fed through a nasal gastric tube..... along with many other daily procedures, all to keep him alive.

This is very hard work and is 24/7, the machine beeps every 30 minutes at night and i have had hardly any sleep for the last 6 months.

But don't get me wrong i love my little man to pieces and he is worth every second and more, and i would not change him for the world.

I have had to come to terms with the fact my baby had a chronic illness, so why do other people feel the need to make me feel like a bad mum.

Everyday is the same, i take Jaiden out in his pushchair and we are continuously stared at and i have to put up with ignorant peoples hurtful comments.

Jaiden visually looks totally healthy apart from the tube that is up his nose and stuck to his face, due to the fact he does not eat.

I don't mind people asking me questions if its done in a polite way, although it would be nice to be able to go out with my baby just once without being stopped every 2 seconds with a question (i can't even go to the supermarket quickly)

I find it hard enough having to insert the god damn tube in through my babies nose and into his tummy, it really hurts him and its a horrible process, but its feeding him and helping him grow, so thats all that matters.

But i really don't know what gives someone the right to make a comment such as "don't you wish that you and your partner had been genetically tested, so this (pointing at Jaiden) hadn't happened"

THIS HADN'T HAPPENED!!!! HOW DARE HE. "THIS" is my beautiful baby you are talking about and "THIS" is not genetic.....just a 1 out of 4million chance of having Jaidens condition and i was that unfortunate 1. :dohh:

No one is to blame.

I'm sorry i am just so hurt by the comment, i need positive comments not horrible ones like the ones i get, i know its just people being ignorant and not actually understanding Jaidens condition,,,,but as i have always been taught
"if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"

Thanks for letting me rant. xxx

:hugs: I know people tend to be quite rude. The world is not perfect and they seem to forget that!

:hugs: Im sorry you have to deal with stupid people... :hugs: :hugs:

Your blessed and you know it and thats all that matters :hugs:

IM sorry some ppl are so rude and incompetent :( you were blessed with a beautiful baby boy who loves you more then anything , god made him the way the is because he knew that his mommy would be there every step of the way no matter what goes on .

Never ever doubt yourself or your husband for the way your son is , in your eyes and many other eyes hes perfect just the way he is ..

I'm confused as to why anyone would say something as naive as that in the first place. How stupid and rude!

:hugs:

xx

awww hun i really feal for you, there are some really ignorant people out there and if you notice a lot are old people who call us ignorant.

hugs to you and jaiden

:hug: I can't believe anyone would be so ignorant, and so rude :shock:

Sorry you have to put up with people like that. I think you are amazingly strong and Jaiden is perfect :hugs: x

:hugs::hug::hugs:

So sorry you have to encounter such ignorant people!
I'm fortunate enough to have not encountered this so far and I'm dreading the day I do. Jaiden is gorgeous!! xXx

I can relate although my child isnt special needs she has a very large strawberry birth mark on her hand.
I have miss counted the times she has been stared out , people pulling faces that look disgusted, non stop questions and even people that will say ' what the hell is that'
It hurts like hell but i am beggining to ignore and not look at anyone while i am walking so noone can catch my eye and come over to have a look. Just do what i need to do. And i have even had the ' why didnt you take some sort of test to find out if she had it?'

In no way does this compare but i thought i'd say i know how you feel when it comes to other people being rude :hugs: You are doing such a good job , and it must be so hard for you having no sleep on top of everything.

Hold your head up high , your son is bloody gorgeous! Dont let anyone bring you down :hugs:

It is lovely to see you around!

I am so sorry people are such insensitive idiots. i can only imagine what people say to you - Tom appears normal to everyone who doesnt know, but every local granny still stops to say a stupid comment.

firstly, i just want to say that i cant believe Jaiden is already 6 months old! where has the time gone? he is a gorgeous baby, and i am so sorry that you have to put up with the most ignorant people, and hurtful comments. to be honest, they are probably just shocked at how well your coping, and they know they wouldnt be able to if it was them!
lots of love and hugs xxx :hug: xxx

Honey thats awful, I cant even imagine why it would go through anyones head in the first place, totally out of order.

xxx

I`m sorry to hear what has been said, but you know you should ignore them people. End of the day they do not know what you doing for your LO day in and day out! They haven`t got anything good in their life so maybe they hating!

You are doing a marvellous job for your son so keep it up!!!!! BIG :hugs:

Your little boy is gorgeous, people can be so insensitive :hug: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"