Quit all caffeine...anyone else?

EarthMama

Mom of 2 & pregnant!
Reaction score
I only drank green tea, but it was a regular thing, 1-2 cups a day.

Now it's been about 48 hours without it and I'm feeling exhausted.

Am I exhausted because I gave up green tea, or is this the pregnancy?

I can't say for sure but I know I've experienced tiredness and headaches trying to quit caffeine. I used to drink 3-4 cups of coffee a day, now I just have one small one in the morning. I find by about 2pm I can barely lift my head :-(

I'm trying....I usually have had 4 cups of tea between 7 and now...and I'm just having my 2nd now. I even bought shite tea bags yesterday from Morrison's to try and psychologically tell myself that they tasted shite so didn't want them. All that's resulted in was an angry tweet to Morrison's this morning (all bar 3 in a box of 80 were empty due to not being sealed properly) and a walk to the co-op for some pg tips lol

Its caffeine I really struggle with. I dont smoke or drink or eat any of the foods on the bad list but I really struggle with no caffeine

I used to drink coffee by the pint ( my mug is huge ) But now i cant stand coffee and am having 1 cup of normal tea a day and the rest decaf! At first i was exhausted without my normal caffeine intake, but i am getting used to it now :)

I'm finding with decaffeinated tea that it tastes gross unless drank red hot...and a red hot brew is just a.myth in this house!

It was trial and error finding nice decaf tea, I cant stand PG Tips, but i love Tetley and cant really tell the difference between the normal and the decaf x

The last lot I tried was Tesco own brand in a blue box.

I can't stand coffee unless it's a latte from Costa but I always have a skinny decaf anyway

I cut all caffeine when I first found out for the first 11 weeks. I'm still off coffee etc. but this week I started drinking iced tea most mornings - it has 30-45 grams of caffeine I believe, which is well under the 200 they advise you stay under.

Nope. Can't do it. I just cut back.

I tried mixing half regular and half decaf and I thought I was going to throw up. I tried, I really did....but I'm never drinking "decrap" again! :growlmad:

From about 3.5-7 weeks I barely was drinking half a cup a day since it seemed to make my tummy unsettled. But now I'm ok drinking 1/2 to one cup in the morning. I don't drink any more than that though. And I'm trying to not make it very strong either.

ETA: No offense to anyone who likes decaf. I personally just hate it.

I used to drink a big cup of coffee through out the day and then I switched to half caff. Then I had some bleeding last week and it freaked me out so bad! I stopped drinking caffine altogether but this weekend I had half a cup and yesterday I had half a cup of half caff. My MS helps with not wanting to drink it lol. I am debating on having a cup of half caff right now... but it barely does anything so why drink it at all? :p
I used to smoke but I cut down in September to just when I went out, then a month before my BFP i quit completely and now I feel like I never even was a smoker :) (no urges or anything)

I am usually a big tea drinker but in all my pregnancies I have gone off tea and coffee in the first 17ish weeks. The last cup I drank came back up again so once again I can't even look at a tea bag lol I usually drink 3-4 cups a day in later pregnancy which I think is below the limit xxx

I cut basically all caffeine out. It just wasn't a problem for me, I haven't found myself needing coffee or anything. I've had a cup of coffee twice, but that was just because I was (TMI) trying to get things "moving along."

I've switched to herbal tea as my hot drink of choice, and I find it very satisfying :)

I used to drink a big cup of coffee through out the day and then I switched to half caff. Then I had some bleeding last week and it freaked me out so bad! I stopped drinking caffine altogether but this weekend I had half a cup and yesterday I had half a cup of half caff. My MS helps with not wanting to drink it lol. I am debating on having a cup of half caff right now... but it barely does anything so why drink it at all? :p
I used to smoke but I cut down in September to just when I went out, then a month before my BFP i quit completely and now I feel like I never even was a smoker :) (no urges or anything)

Which decaf are you drinking?

It was trial and error finding nice decaf tea, I cant stand PG Tips, but i love Tetley and cant really tell the difference between the normal and the decaf x

I agree, I swapped to Tetley decaff during my last pregnancy and I couldn't tell the difference. I will be doing the same again this time :)

i quit all caffeine about 18 months ago after reading it can affect ttc, I didn't do it gradually I went from around 6 cups of tea a day to none (well decaf, really don't notice the difference) and it made no difference to my energy levels that I can remember. I also love green tea still have the odd decaf one now but generally off all tea/coffee at the mo. I think you're energy levels are probs pregnancy but why not try having one cup a day?

Which decaf are you drinking?

Foldgers half caff. I think 48 mg caffine in 8 oz but it tastes just like regular coffee :) I prefer going to Dutch Bros (coffee stand) and getting a small half caff americano though, which has one shot regular espresso and one shot decaf

I've never been a big caffeine drinker, so I've been avoiding it without too much of a problem. I did have a small cup of soda the other day though. At work they bought pizza and soda and it just sounded too good to pass up!

I used to drink 2-3 cups of coffee daily and now I can't even stand the smell of the stuff! I'll have the odd cup of tea, and at home I drink decaf Tetley tea which tastes just like the real thing :)

I haven't given up caffeine in any if my pregnancies, in my 1st it probably went up as I craved coffee frappucinos and drank diet coke when on nights out. I drink 2-3 coffees/diet cokes a day and still spend until 11.5weeks exhausted with the mind numbing 1st tri fatigue.

I've not yet decided for sure what to do, I need to do more research. As for right now, I am a Masters student and got my BFP smack dab in the middle of final assessments for the semester so I'm not going to try to stop caffeine until my holidays!! :dohh:

I have actually been finding that I don't want coffee like I used to though, usually I would drink maybe 2 cups/ day + quite a bit of tea, but now I have been opting for this lovely honey lemon tea I've found as it soothes my stomach

Can anyone tell me how much (ie. how many mL per day of coffee/tea) is considered safe and what any possible side effects of too much are?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->