Quit all caffeine...anyone else?

I used to have about 9 cups of coffee a day. I hate the taste now :( I did last pregnancy too

Xx

I've not yet decided for sure what to do, I need to do more research. As for right now, I am a Masters student and got my BFP smack dab in the middle of final assessments for the semester so I'm not going to try to stop caffeine until my holidays!! :dohh:

I have actually been finding that I don't want coffee like I used to though, usually I would drink maybe 2 cups/ day + quite a bit of tea, but now I have been opting for this lovely honey lemon tea I've found as it soothes my stomach

Can anyone tell me how much (ie. how many mL per day of coffee/tea) is considered safe and what any possible side effects of too much are?

200 mg of caffine is considered safe. Some sources say 300 mg. There isnt enough research to know if even that is 100% safe but tons of ladies drink caffine in pregnancy and are fine. Just dont over do it.

Heres some info on about how much caffine is in different things..

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeine/AN01211

i just have 1 cup of tea in the morning then everything else is just boiled water, i used to drink about 5-6 cups a day so have drastically cut it down

The day before my BFP was the last day I drank coffee. I just haven't had a taste or urge to drink it. I have switched to hot chocolate in the mornings now (since its so cold in Chicago) and maybe a cup of tea in the evening but thats it.

I used to drink a LOT of coffee, but I've cut back to about a cup a week.

I was drinking coffee pretty often through first trimester, but around 11-12 weeks just gave it up. I know that 200mg/day is safe but I was having heart palpitations/noticeable skipped heart beats so decided to see how I felt without coffee/caffeine. I was dead tired and had crazy headaches at first, but I now very rarely have heart issues!

There are days when I really want to cave in, but I know I would regret it. :sleep:

Some days (most days) I feel like I need a cup but then I remember it probably wouldnt even egin to cut through my fatique and the thought of coffee just makes me more queasy.

I'm not drinking coffee any more, just don't fancy it despite not being able to even stomach the smell without being sick last pregnancy.
Tea however I'm still drinking 2-3 cups per day. I'm enjoying it whilst I can at the moment as last time I ended up with it giving me terrible heartburn.

I need too. Trying to cut back, but it's hard. I have 4 other kiddos, so feel like I need something to keep me going. I'm already feeling like I could sleep all day ( literally). I am hoping to give it up though.

I used to drink 24 ounces of coffee when I got a positive I dropped to 6-8...currently I am on day 3 no caffeine!!! I've been sleeping great but tired through out the day! But the sleep is good :)

I avoid caffeine as a rule because I was told after my second m/c that too much can possibly cause miscarriages and with my history, I try to do whatever I can. It's not that hard for me though because I mostly drink herbal teas anyway and I can't stand the taste/smell/anything of coffee. During pregnancy, I stick to raspberry leaf tea and/or pregnancy tea blends. I don't like them hot so I'll put them brewing as sun tea and make iced tea instead.

i use to enjoy my one cup of tea i the morning and a coffee in the afternoon but my body is rejecting them now. I cant stand the taste anymore and i am struggling without my usual caffeine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->