R&N 2022 Lists

They have the previous one i think. Sword or shield or something like that, and theyve barely played it. Honestly they have too many and all Niko ever plays is 3 Mario ones!

Or watches other people play them on youtube!

Managed to get quite a few things ticked off my list today.
My mum changed her mind about a snuddie and requested some new slippers for herself and my stepdad so picked those up today.

I got some nba pyjamas for Rio and minions pyjamas for Niko, a stranger things top for my brother, tshirt for OH and a christmas tshirt for myself.

From Ryman got a scalextric and coin pusher for Niko and electronic pinball for Rio.

In B&M I got loads of pointless stuff :haha:
Millions cereal for the boys, not christmas but I had never seen them before so felt the need to mention them lol.

Saw some poppy playtime figures but they were tiny and £16.99 for 4, Niko would have loved them because hes obsessed with the creepy thing but I couldnt justify the price

That's great, well done on getting lots ticked off your list. That's always a great feeling :)

I genuinely still have so much to get and no time or funds to do it til the end of the week.

Posting this for accountability so that if I see it next year I remind myself never to ever leave things so late again. I will be putting money aside somewhere it can't be dipped into, for Christmas, starting January. And starting my xmas shopping in Feb :haha:

I am tired of being the one and only individual in this house that puts effort in for Christmas! And none of it is appreciated because I live in a house full of self centred males.
Ughhhh Merry Christmas.

:hugs: I am sure they do appreciate it! They would miss all the little details if they weren't there, I am sure. At least that is what I tell myself :haha: But I know that doubt and frustration. And yeah I too will start earlier! :hugs:

I'm sure they do appreciate it, but I know what you mean, it all falls on me too

I just feel so deflated I don't know what is wrong with me its really unlike me at Christmas time.

OH is ill so hes even more miserable than usual, I feel like I havent done enough with the boys this xmas. I feel like i need to split myself into 100 pieces to be able to do everything I need to do and be there for everyone I need to be there for.

I need there to be another week at least until Christmas.

Plan is to stay up as late as it takes tonight and get all of the presents wrapped so I know exactly what i need to get tomorrow.

Sigh, off to pour myself a large wine.

I genuinely still have so much to get and no time or funds to do it til the end of the week.

Posting this for accountability so that if I see it next year I remind myself never to ever leave things so late again. I will be putting money aside somewhere it can't be dipped into, for Christmas, starting January. And starting my xmas shopping in Feb :haha:

I am tired of being the one and only individual in this house that puts effort in for Christmas! And none of it is appreciated because I live in a house full of self centred males.
Ughhhh Merry Christmas.

After last years advent from your OH, I think that worn him out mentally and financially for life :haha:

Must be a male thing. It's the same in my house though. I've paid for Christmas, every year. It was always my bank card coming out, I was the one putting money aside every week from my wage. OH will be experiencing surprises with every present the girls open. He feels excited now because he's had no responsibility with anything but my few presents. Between the build up of single figures, pressure and immense stress from work, I don't feel excited and want December over with. Toast to January blues! :xmas11:

I just feel so deflated I don't know what is wrong with me its really unlike me at Christmas time.

OH is ill so hes even more miserable than usual, I feel like I havent done enough with the boys this xmas. I feel like i need to split myself into 100 pieces to be able to do everything I need to do and be there for everyone I need to be there for.

I need there to be another week at least until Christmas.

Plan is to stay up as late as it takes tonight and get all of the presents wrapped so I know exactly what i need to get tomorrow.

Sigh, off to pour myself a large wine.

Kirsty I could have written this myself these past few weeks. I've put so much pressure on myself and just feel the girls do not appreciate it. DH tries but he has been working so much just to help us with cost of it all.
You're doing fab and the boys will appreciate it even if they don't show it. Enjoy that class of wine xx

After last years advent from your OH, I think that worn him out mentally and financially for life :haha:

Must be a male thing. It's the same in my house though. I've paid for Christmas, every year. It was always my bank card coming out, I was the one putting money aside every week from my wage. OH will be experiencing surprises with every present the girls open. He feels excited now because he's had no responsibility with anything but my few presents. Between the build up of single figures, pressure and immense stress from work, I don't feel excited and want December over with. Toast to January blues! :xmas11:

Definitely been thinking about January and when it's all over myself. I just want a period without expense and stress.
Totally not like us ladies though, hopefully we get the spark back over the near few days xxx

I'm sure that you have done more than enough for the kids for Christmas. Men get it so easy when it comes to this stuff, then they wonder why we are running round like crazy. I saw a meme the other day that said "what have you got your husband for Christmas?" "The luxury of just showing up Christmas morning and everything being ready without him lifting a finger"
Over the last 18 months our rolls have been more or less reversed, he's home with the kids the most, and I am the main earner, yet still I'm the one organising Christmas and birthdays and doing the weekly shop and sorting out correspondence from school etc etc

I totally get the not being excited for Xmas and the depressed feeling. I cannot believe it is just 2 days now! I wish I had had time to get in to the spirit of it and to do more xmassy things with the boys, be it just to go for a walk on the Common!
But then I think what a battle it would have been to get them unstuck from the :insert bad word here: xbox/computer and how their put-upon faces and snappy responses would have spoilt it anyway and I am grateful I didn't even try. :(
I thought we could make cookies together and decorate them like I did with my mum when I was a child but last time I tried that, I did all the baking work and had to more or less beg them to decorate them with me. It is just not fun when they do not appreciate/enjoy stuff like that. Maybe if I had a daughter it would have been different.
Oh well, I should be adult enough by now to let go of expectations and just be happy with what I do have. And I am, don't get me wrong! Very! But yeah.
Depressed and depressing rant over.

I totally get the not being excited for Xmas and the depressed feeling. I cannot believe it is just 2 days now! I wish I had had time to get in to the spirit of it and to do more xmassy things with the boys, be it just to go for a walk on the Common!
But then I think what a battle it would have been to get them unstuck from the :insert bad word here: xbox/computer and how their put-upon faces and snappy responses would have spoilt it anyway and I am grateful I didn't even try. :(
I thought we could make cookies together and decorate them like I did with my mum when I was a child but last time I tried that, I did all the baking work and had to more or less beg them to decorate them with me. It is just not fun when they do not appreciate/enjoy stuff like that. Maybe if I had a daughter it would have been different.
Oh well, I should be adult enough by now to let go of expectations and just be happy with what I do have. And I am, don't get me wrong! Very! But yeah.
Depressed and depressing rant over.

Nope my 10 year old DD is the same
A hour away from the laptop today was like torture to her. Tried doing mini gingerbread houses and she got fed up. Luckily DD2 is still interested but does like to make a mess.

So disappointing at times isn't it :(

Same. It's like nothing compares to technology for them :(

Oh I feel this so much re the technology. If Rio has to prize himself away from his laptop for a few hours it’s the end of the world.
I wish I’d been more strict with technology but it’s what they all do now isn’t it!

Nice to know I’m not on my own feeling this way though. (Not glad you guys feel the same though cos it sucks!)

Jimi is like that, it's actually how he broke his foot a few years ago as we were going to BILs and he wanted to bring his playstation and we wouldn't let him, he kicked the post that holds the stairs up on his way to collect his shoes and ended up with a very black foot in a big support boot. It taught him a lesson though :haha: it's still the main thing he likes to do in his spare time though. On Christmas Eve we'll have no tech for a few hours then once everything winds down he can go on there. Luckily the others aren't as bad, Zac has his sports, even in the holidays he'll play for a bit and then want to do something else, and Nate and Seth still like their toys as well, they get fed up after a while.

It is a bit comforting really cause it just shows that we are all in the same boat and not alone in giving in to the tech stuff yet cursing it, too. It's just so so different to what my childhood was like. I was out all day and my prized possession was my bike. My two don't even want to learn how to ride one! :dohh:.
But yeah, those were different times, weren't they.

Oh wow he must have kicked that post really hard! I can imagine that that would indeed teach him a lesson! Golly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->