race for life thread :)

Stevensmummyx

Mum of 2 boys and one surprise bump
Reaction score
I don't know if this is in the correct place so sorry if it isn't!

So this is the first year I've signed up to do the race, I'm excited and looking forward to it and I'm planning to run to raise money for cancer! So is anyone else doing it? Are u walking,jogging or running? And do u do a lot of training even tho its only a 5k?

Good luck to everyone running! Xx

I did thread on this last year no one replied lol.
I want to do it,just not on my own, I was shocked at the fee for it.
If i did it is probs do mixture of everything.

This is my 5th year doing it! :happydance: I do it in memory of my Nan.

The 1st 2 years I ran - I done some training and lost quiet a bit of weight :happydance: it just dropped off me!

The 3rd yr I was pregnant with James so I walked

and last year I was pregnant with Ryan so I walked :dohh:

I was hoping to run again this year so it would push me to do something but dh is on a stag weekend on the day so I'll be taking LO's with me and walking!
I've put on 4st having my two boys!! :cry:

Aww that's great, I was going to sign up for it last year and left it too late, planning to run ot but haven't done much running and due to the lovely weather in glasgow I can't get out much lol! My OHs gran is batteling through breast cancer and the friend I'm doing it has just lost her gran so we thought it would be a nice thing to do, yeah I was shocked aswell about the fee but its all In a good cause xx

Anyone thinking about it should do it :thumbup: It's fab!!

There's always a awesome atmosphere and everyone is really lovely! It's always great fun ...and best of all it's for a good cause!

It's been 5 yrs since my Nan went and with having my own little boys I worry that one day I'll forget her (I was close to my Nan) but this way I feel like I'm doing something in her memory and in a nice happy way! My Nan was always a fun loving kind person so I think she's love it!

I'm doing it this year for the 3rd time. The last 2 were 5ks and I ran them, this one is a 10k and I'll be running it too! I do it in memory of my Gran, who passed away from ovarian cancer a week before my first race, and my Grandad, who passed away from renal cancer when I was 14.

It sometimes takes me a lot of motivation to get out the door to train, but I love it once I'm out there...I just switch my mind off and listen to my body instead. I'm pretty much doing running, swimming, and some light weights to train. One or two runs per week, one or two swims per week, and one weights session (which I think I need to do more of for weight-loss purposes).

How are you all getting on with the fundraising? I've set my target at £250, and have raised £175 so far. Haven't had any donations for a few weeks, though I have a sponsor form on the wall at work. I'm hoping that people will show more interest nearer the time - the race isn't til July 24th! :haha:

Iv signed up!

The 5k at Heaton Park on the sunday at 2.30pm. Loads of us getting involved dressing as pink Tinkerbells!! Hoping to raise over £1,000 so i think a few charity car washes are in order too haha xxx

Good luck girls!

I'm doing it this year for the 3rd time. The last 2 were 5ks and I ran them, this one is a 10k and I'll be running it too! I do it in memory of my Gran, who passed away from ovarian cancer a week before my first race, and my Grandad, who passed away from renal cancer when I was 14.

It sometimes takes me a lot of motivation to get out the door to train, but I love it once I'm out there...I just switch my mind off and listen to my body instead. I'm pretty much doing running, swimming, and some light weights to train. One or two runs per week, one or two swims per week, and one weights session (which I think I need to do more of for weight-loss purposes).

How are you all getting on with the fundraising? I've set my target at £250, and have raised £175 so far. Haven't had any donations for a few weeks, though I have a sponsor form on the wall at work. I'm hoping that people will show more interest nearer the time - the race isn't til July 24th! :haha:

I haven't done any training lol, planning on going a run this weekend, I usually go swimming every wed but not been in a while, need to make a point of going back, I've set up a just giving page for fundraising but no sponsors yet, think I shall need to start doing car washes, cake sales etc, do u have an online sponsor form? X

Iv signed up!

The 5k at Heaton Park on the sunday at 2.30pm. Loads of us getting involved dressing as pink Tinkerbells!! Hoping to raise over £1,000 so i think a few charity car washes are in order too haha xxx

Good luck girls!

Aww wow! That's great lol, a few girls from my college are doing it, pink wigs the lot! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->