Rainbows after the storm (late loss/stillbirth/neonatal loss/sids)

Oohhh Spring, 3 sleeps!! How exciting. :happydance:

Tracy i do wonder if worrying/stress has something to dowith the tightenings as they do seem to coincide with milestones...:shrug:
April 30th is Emilys birthdate and the 2nd May is when we lost her so hoping we get through those dates with no more hospital stays!
Edward was 4lb when he was born.
Having a big bumpy bump is lovely isn't it? I'm much bigger than i have been in my last pregnancies and really trying to enjoy it all as it will be the last time for me. Although i can't wait for baby to be here, i don't want to wish away these last few weeks of pregnancy.
How are you feeling lately? I have bursts of energy but mostly feel exhausted!

Me and zac are good :) hes feeding well and they have reduced his high flow down, also his humidity thats now at 65% :), we have time at the breast today as hes started wanting to suck, hes so tiny tho he can't really latch but managed to suck a little and as they say practice makes perfect.

hope you are all well and still cooking those babies :)

Goodness ive missed so much!

Welcome Jaydee! As the others have said its a supportive little gang we have here.

Sweet - your lo is gorgeous! Hes so lovely. You must be a proud mama. Your little boy isdoing so well!

Nicola - so sorry to hear ylu've been back in hospital. Very

scary! Got everything crossed your little lady stays put a while longer.

Lexi - hope everything is ok.

Tracy - yes I'll text you when our little lady arr

Stupid phone!

Yes please share my news!

Im ok. Roll on wens, jyst want her out. Am really struggling with anxiety and just want her here.

Nicola how did you find recovery with kids? Im getting worried as indy is 23lbs and not crawling yet!

Actually Spring, i have never found the recovery too bad, even with little ones. Alex was 22 months when Edward was born and Elliot was 20 months when Alex was born. I found getting up and moving asap is the key to quick recovery! Thats all the advice i have really. :shrug:

Glad to hear things are going well Sweet. :hugs:

Hi Tracy :wave:
I'm ok thanks. Was back in hospital last week for a few days but all fine again now. Contractions and slight bleed again but not dilating. I was admitted at 32+2 which is the gestation Edward was born at so was especially difficult and scary. Thankfully all is calm again now though. I have consultant next Thursday and think i'll be getting my section date then. They are saying around 37 weeks now as they don't want to risk me going into active labour because the notes they got from my section with Emily say my uterus lining is very thin and has 'windows' where its thin so there is the risk of rupture with strong contractions.
Feeling fine for now though and am 33+3 today so getting there slowly!

I saw on 3rd tri thread that Lexi has been admitted to hospital with hb, protein and is contracting. Hope she is ok.
Thinking of you Lexi!!:hugs:

How are you Tracy? When is your next scan? My 32 week scan said baby is around 4lb! Hard to believe bubs is so big in there already!!

Sweet, hope all is going well with little Zac. :hugs:

JayDee i'm sorry gor your loss, what was your little girls name? It's been a bit quiet lately but this is a very supportive thread!!

How is everyone else? Spring & Amjon how are you getting on?
Glad you're doing good. We are still doing good. The MFM is please with the boys progress. They both gained 5oz in 6 days. They're moving like crazy and she told me to start looking for 10 movements from each baby a day. They usually do way more than that. :)

Hey everyone. Been a stressful few days but back home now. All last week I had reduced movement, and woke up Friday and my bump had got smaller, do rung l&d who wanted me in. My blood pressure was sky high, protein in my urine and they weren't happy with the ctg. this led to being admitted, 4 hourly ctgs and blood pressure checks. I'm contracting regularly, but they didn't want to do an internal to check if I was dilating. I'm worried with my bump getting smaller that the fluid might be going down like it did with Joshua. From Friday to Saturday I went from 31cm to 29cm. By yesterday afternoon movements had picked up, but her heart rate keeps dropping to 105 :( I've got a midwife appointment Tuesday anyway, where she'll check the protein levels again as they're worried about pre e, especially when my mum had it with all 3 of us. They didn't do a scan as I've got my consultant appointment on Thursday for our routine growth scan, so they'll check fluid levels there. Still getting regular contractions, but haven't got any worse in intensity. Been told to take it easy over the next few days and rest up. Just hard when there's so much to do round the house!! Hoping little miss stays put a bit longer and all the appointments this week go well. x

Take care of yourself Ladies! You are all getting so close so I know how anxious you must be feeling! Sending you lots of love and serenity these last few weeks. I do check up on you when I can and think about all of you often.

Things are going well here...My rainbow has started sleeping better, thank goodness. The last 4.5 months have been hard with sleep deprivation but I just love my little boy! Starting to work on some babywearing and getting out of the house now that the weather is getting nice here. Here are some recent pics of Raif:

Attachments

• IMG-20130226-00203.jpg
    IMG-20130226-00203.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-20130304-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20130304-WA0001.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 5
Wow Raif is getting big! Thanks for sharing your pictures with us Kristen, it is so lovely to see such a beautiful rainbow! :hugs:
All you ladies who have your babies here are my inspiration that we can all get there!

How is everyone else today? Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine!

I've been shopping for last bits and pieces today, crib bedding, changing mat and a couple of other bits. Are any of you using crib/cot bumpers? What bedding are you using? I know Edwards bedding had nothing to do with losing him but i am so terrified this time of anything that might pose a risk that i'm driving myself mad. I'm thinking of getting a breathable bumper but can't find any in shops and wanted to look first.
I'm loving the sunshine but am struggling with finding cool clothes that fit! I don't really want to buy anything this close to the end.

Tracy in answer to your question from a while back lol, no we still have not decided on a name yet! We quite like Evie (and alex is still insisting on sally :rofl:) but not sure.

Wow Raif is getting big! Thanks for sharing your pictures with us Kristen, it is so lovely to see such a beautiful rainbow! :hugs:
All you ladies who have your babies here are my inspiration that we can all get there!

How is everyone else today? Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine!

I've been shopping for last bits and pieces today, crib bedding, changing mat and a couple of other bits. Are any of you using crib/cot bumpers? What bedding are you using? I know Edwards bedding had nothing to do with losing him but i am so terrified this time of anything that might pose a risk that i'm driving myself mad. I'm thinking of getting a breathable bumper but can't find any in shops and wanted to look first.
I'm loving the sunshine but am struggling with finding cool clothes that fit! I don't really want to buy anything this close to the end.

Tracy in answer to your question from a while back lol, no we still have not decided on a name yet! We quite like Evie (and alex is still insisting on sally :rofl:) but not sure.

They have them in Target here and I'm sure I've seen them in some of the baby stores (Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby possibly). If you can't find one I could pick one up in the US and send it to you. Not sure what shipping to the UK could be, but I know last time I sent pictures to DH's parents in India it was around $10 or so.

Ah thanks Amjon, thats so kind of you! I can't find any in uk babies r us but have found a few uk online sites now so will probably just order one but thanks. :thumbup:
How are you? I bet your twin bump is getting really big now! Time for a bump pic update soon?!

Ah thanks Amjon, thats so kind of you! I can't find any in uk babies r us but have found a few uk online sites now so will probably just order one but thanks. :thumbup:
How are you? I bet your twin bump is getting really big now! Time for a bump pic update soon?!

I really haven't gotten that large in the past few weeks. It seems like I'll get a huge jump every once in awhile and then I kind of stay there. I was tiny with Taylor, so don't really show all that much. I probably look about average for 29 weeks. I need to get DH to take a belly shot, but he's been so busy with a work project it's hard to get him to do anything, even for just a few minutes. We need to do another maternity shoot soon too.

Hi ladies good to read so many updates. Krippy raif is truly gorgeous he is coming on a treat.

Lexi hope things settle down for you I can't believe how much we are all having to go through during this latest pregnancy. As if it isn't hard enough being pregnant after what we already been through but I am confident we will all have a positive outcome.

Have felt movements today but she has not been doing her usual aerobics so trying not to read too much into it as I was up earlier than usual and have been busy working all day and been up and down like a yoyo with the dog since I got home and hubby is out watching the football.

Spring can't wait to share your news with the rest of the group when dotty arrives and to finally find our her real name lol

Nicola I am feeling ok not too tired considering I am working quite a lot and I have definitely lost the ability for long sleeps but maybe that is helping me to get in some practice for when baby is here.

I am still looking for a changing bag anybody seen any nice reasonably priced ones anywhere?

Here is a study they are doing on stillbirth (via surveys of stillbirth and live birth moms). Thought some of you may be interested in helping out. They say 28 weeks+ but she told me if you were close to just put 28 weeks as things can be a bit off with weeks anyway. https://www.starlegacyfoundation.org/stars1

Hello ladies!
I am due Dec 25th with our rainbow. I lost my full term daughter in Jan at 38w2d. I have 50 kids already, I swear that it feels like that anyways lol. 5 are with my ex (18,16,15,13,11) and my DD that I lost was mine and my new DH's 1st baby together, his 1st daughter. I had an early loss with my 16 yo, I lost his twin very early. And had a loss/cp? 7 months before I got pg with our daughter. Now here I am today, about 5 weeks and it's finally starting to sink in, We ARE having another baby!! And fear is kicking in. I keep telling myself that AF is right around the corner, my bbs are so sore, I have so much moodiness, even I realize it! I'm off work at 2 and trying to be in bed by 5, just have that fear of starting to bleed. My OB asked me if I was cramping or spotting, like I did with my DD and nothing, knock on wood!! Then I got on another support group and ppl were on me for getting pg so soon after my loss and c/s. I know it was fast, even we weren't expecting it! Hoping, yes, but it took so long to get pg last time we weren't expecting it this soon! Any +vibes you all have will be great! Now I just will need to read back, unless you wanna update me :) Thanks ladies!

Hi Miss mo sorry for your losses welcome to our friendly group where you will find there is no judgement here because we all know what it is like to lose babies and then get pregnant (in what ever timescale your body decides) and then be a nervous wreck about being pregnant probably for the whole 9 months lol. But we are all here to support each other and offer a listening ear or advice or just to give a virtual hug when needed.

my story is that last january I had to have an emergency section to bring our gorgeous baby boy Dexter into the world. He was 28 wks 1 day but the placenta had stopped feeding him so he need to be born. He weighed 1lb 10oz, we knew he had down syndrome and a hole in his heart. He did really well for the first 4 weeks of his life and the doctors were really impressed with him. But then he got NEC which is a serious bowel condition that premature babies are at risk of and this is what we lost him too over 3 weeks later after he had to have an operation to remove part of his bowel. He fought so hard in his 54 days of life but couldn't stay with us.
I had 2 m/c's before Dexter and then had another one last July before falling pregnant this time at beginning of Oct and I am now 32 wks 1 day pregnant and due to have a planned c-section on the 3rd June so 5 weeks 6 days to wait :happydance: not that I am counting lol

I am so sorry for your loss, but am now going to be excited for you, knowing you are so close!!!
It's hard to find a good group that actually help you through something rather than posting so much about all the negatives, as I am well aware of what CAN happen! I just love to hear the good stories ya know, something to keep positive about.
I called my OB today, since I've been having cramps, not like period, but it's just along my c/s scar. And she said well ya thats cause you got pg so fast haha. So now I get to wear a belt the next 8 months! Anything to help would be great! I told her I prob will drive her nuts this time and she was awesome and said that's what I'm here for!
I hate that we are all here due to a loss of a baby, but it's easier to talk to someone who KNOWS what you're going thru, not just trying to understand. It's almost like a new family :)

Ladies I am pleased to announce that spring gave birth to sadie at 12.20 today and she weighs a healthy 6lb 12

Eeek fantastic news!! Congratulations Spring. :happydance:
Love the name, so cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->