Rainbows Due December 2015

I bought some baby gros and sleepsuits but only because they were in the sale. We also got paint and curtains for the nursery. It's been tricky to agree on as my dh doesn't want anyyhing too pink due to my nieces being waaayyy pink and girly and disney princessed!

We have painted the nursery and I made and hung the curtains. Right now it has become my temporary guest room as my brother-in-law will be visiting next week. Once he leaves my dd will be put in that room while we paint her room and transition her out of the crib and into a big bed. I am hoping to have all of the furniture in and ready in about a month to six weeks.

I bought some baby gros and sleepsuits but only because they were in the sale. We also got paint and curtains for the nursery. It's been tricky to agree on as my dh doesn't want anyyhing too pink due to my nieces being waaayyy pink and girly and disney princessed!
what color paint did you end up getting? i understand not wanting it to be completely pink and princess-y, but i do love dark/bright pink as an accent color.:thumbup:

We have painted the nursery and I made and hung the curtains. Right now it has become my temporary guest room as my brother-in-law will be visiting next week. Once he leaves my dd will be put in that room while we paint her room and transition her out of the crib and into a big bed. I am hoping to have all of the furniture in and ready in about a month to six weeks.
oooh, lots of upgrades!!:happydance: what color are you painting the nursery and also your daughter's room? is she old enough to help pick out colors and everything??

We went with a light green called spring sage (homebase house of colour). We have got a wall sticker thing which is a tree with flowers and birds etc some of which are different shades of pink and curtains with pink and green trees on. So pink is popping out here and there!

We did the nursery in two shades of light/medium gray and I am using yellow accents. For my daughter's room she will have aqua and tan.

both sound beautiful!!

our bedroom was white with one blue wall, and we have made that room baby's room now. but i'm not going to pay to get paint (it's really expensive in japan!) so either way, baymax is getting a one-blue-walled room.:haha: we have 3 prints from IKEA framed above the crib at the moment (exactly what was above our bed - we literally didn't change anything except the bed→crib) and they are flowery and kind of girly. and there are big white/beige/yellow tissue paper puff balls hanging in 2 of the corners. despite being a light blue wall, the room is somewhat girly.:shrug: *i* like it and we will be moving, most likely, in october of next year, so the baby will never know or remember.:haha:

in other news: i bought a maternity tankini and a dress from target. unlike all my other non-pregnancy suits (which i'm busting out of!:blush:) the bust fits great, but the torso part is WAY too big.:dohh: i almost don't even see myself growing into it. but, better to have too much fabric than not enough, i guess, right?:haha: the dress on the other hand is SUPER comfy and i'll be taking it to the states when we go back for my brother's wedding (in about 9 days). the bridesmaid dress is not as comfy, and not nearly as flattering. i feel really frumpy/not cute, but whatever. sigh...i just don't see myself dancing much in the dress. i wish i was not in the wedding and could wear whatever i wanted and actually feel cute in!:brat:

Hi everyone how's it going?
Am in 3rd tri now. Can't quite believe it! Back to school this week so sleeping a bit better as more tired. But the 6am dog walk before school is a killer esp as it gets darker. My new class are lovely although I have a boy with severe speech and language and behaviour issues who is hard work. Have worked out maternity leave-finishing half term which is end of oct with poss a couple of extra days after if needed for handover to new teacher. Then going back for last week before the summer and starting properly after the hols. It will be a stretch money wise but I do want to be off as long as poss. I don’t see the point of organising childcare for the last half term in june/july when I'll be off for august anyway. What are others doing? X

We are doing alright. Hitting a really busy month with visiting family members and business travel. Over the weekend we painted the room for dd, cleaned out her closet and moved her into the big girl bed.

The nursery is painted, the crib built, changing table set up. I still have to make the bedding and decorate. I know we are close to ready though I don't feel like it.

Baby is doing well. He finally went head down, which is a relief. He is super active Which is making sleeping challenging.

My husband wants our two year old to watch my deliver the baby. He thinks it will be good for het. I fear it might be traumatic to see me in that much pain. I am hoping to do an unmedicated water birth. Any thoughts?

My husband wants our two year old to watch my deliver the baby. He thinks it will be good for het. I fear it might be traumatic to see me in that much pain. I am hoping to do an unmedicated water birth. Any thoughts?

I think it matters what YOU are comfortable with. I don't think it would necessarily be traumatic - especially if you coach and talk to her about it ahead of time, and someone is with her the whole time talking her through what is happening so it isn't scary. It could be a really amazing experience for your whole family.
Maybe there is someone who could take her away if it became to intense? Or if you found in the moment that it was distracting for you, or upsetting?

just checking in!:wave: any news from anyone??

i'm just plugging along over here. i've been sick for 3 days with a cold or allergies or just the changing-of-the-seasons-crud:nope: and finally started claritin this morning. i really should know better by now (it starts the same way every time, which is WHY i have the Rx for claritin to begin with!:dohh:)

we installed the car seat over the weekend, all the baby clothes are washed and put away, and the crib is up and ready, too.:thumbup:

baby still seems very high, with major rib cage discomfort to prove it, and s/he kicks ALL day and night!:headspin::football::haha:

how is everyone else fairing??

Hi all. Pootling along here nicely. Started pg yoga/hypno birthing class which I'm enjoying. Started nct class too and had hospital tour on sun. First time I'd been there since last mc. Thought I'd be anxious but actually felt fine. Have got 10 more days til half term then 2 handover days after then maternity leave! Can't wait. We just finished having the bathroom done now plastering hall and nursery ready to paint. Hoping to start nesting once finished work. How's everyone else? X

I got tons done yesterday! All the 0-3 month old clothes (second hand) are washed and put away, all the bigger clothes (I got all the way up to two year old sizes from a co-worker!!) are in storage, and I picked up and got my new-to-me Bugaboo Frog pram stroller set up and washed the fabric around the baby area, and picked up and washed my new-to-me ergo baby carrier. I have some pretty sweet second-hand items, actually!

Favorite part of yesterday? I finally set up the crib! It was a bit of a pain, but it looks wonderful, and made me kind of teary to see it all done and set up with sheets and everything. The nursery is really coming together! All I need to do there now is move the extra desks (it was an office...) out of the room, and find a second hand glider or rocker chair to move into the room!

I have the crib, changing table, and rocking chair set up. I made the bedding and put it on the crib. Finished painting the art work and just need hubby to hang it now. Clothes and diapers are sorted and put away just need to get them washed.

We likely won't install the car seats until November.

I am so done with this pregnancy. Severe back aches, Braxton hicks, carpal tunnel syndrome, rls, not sleeping enough, sudden rise in bp and people constantly commenting on how huge I am. Complete strangers can be so rude. I hit 37 weeks one month from today and I hope he decides to come shortly after that time instead of waiting until 40 weeks.

i know it's a bit early but can't help but ask: any babies yet??

Hi nothing here yet. Midwife appt yest-baby is 2/5 engaged and heading in the right direction! Lots of braxton hicks over the last few days so hoping things might start. Am on maternity now and loving it. Lots of swimming and nesting. The nursery is nearly ready. All systems go! How's everyone? X

No baby yet, but my last day of work is tomorrow! And then I have three weeks of vacation until my due date (not that baby knows that - depends on when he comes, obviously!). I have a ton to do at home and with our business, and I have been VERY uncomfortable lately at 36 weeks, so I'm super stoked about not coming to my desk job anymore!

Just got back from my midwife. I am 2cm dialated and 25% effaced. My cervix was pointing posterior still so she pushed it to the center so the contractions will be more effective at progressing labor. Really hoping he comes in the next few days so I can enjoy my thanksgiving.

Hi nothing here yet. Midwife appt yest-baby is 2/5 engaged and heading in the right direction! Lots of braxton hicks over the last few days so hoping things might start. Am on maternity now and loving it. Lots of swimming and nesting. The nursery is nearly ready. All systems go! How's everyone? X
i had a couple days with a bunch of braxton hicks, but they never amount to anything...all systems go here too!:friends:

No baby yet, but my last day of work is tomorrow! And then I have three weeks of vacation until my due date (not that baby knows that - depends on when he comes, obviously!). I have a ton to do at home and with our business, and I have been VERY uncomfortable lately at 36 weeks, so I'm super stoked about not coming to my desk job anymore!
yay for your last day of work!! i'm impressed with anyone who has managed to work this far into pregnancy - i'm a total wuss!:dohh::haha:

Just got back from my midwife. I am 2cm dialated and 25% effaced. My cervix was pointing posterior still so she pushed it to the center so the contractions will be more effective at progressing labor. Really hoping he comes in the next few days so I can enjoy my thanksgiving.
we had our annual thanksgiving (with our friends, as we're in japan away from family) this past saturday because i LOVE thanksgiving and didn't want to risk not being able to do it...so now that it's over, baby is welcome to come any time!:haha: hopefully baby times it well for you too!:thumbup:

I wish I could skip this last day of work. It is stressing me out! I'm having trouble believing that I will really be done at the end of the day...

Just started losing my mucus plug. I am so excited to see that signs of labor are starting to show. I would still guess it is a few days away for me, but it gives me some relief to know the end is in sight.

How are you ladies doing? Any fun plans this weekend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->