Random Nesting

mrs_sasquatch

Reaction score
What is the most out of the box nesting project you've started/completed during your pregnancy?

Today, I emptied and washed everything in my curio cabinet (I collect teapots)...nothing was even dusty.

I woke up at 4am a few nights ago and I was struggling to go back to sleep because I wanted to go and clean my living room wall.....wtf lol no other walls just the living room one lol the only reason I didn't is because it was dark out still and I was too much of a wimp to go downstairs on my own lol

There's so much I want to do but we either don't have the money at the moment or I'm just exhausted. Imus not be nesting too badly haha.

I'm going crazy with nesting! I've gone through most of the cupboards and cleaned/sorted/donated things. Yesterday I cleaned all the walls/baseboards/decorations in the foyer. I plan to do this to every room, like now!! lol. Today I ripped apart our home office an hour before DS1 bedtime (had to stop to put him down and exhaustion caught up to me lol)... it's a war zone in there but I'm determined to have everything sorted, organized and CLEAN by tomorrow evening! Thank goodness it's a holiday here tomorrow so DH will be here to take care of our son!

Yesterday I cleaned out the spice drawer... Who even cares about the spice drawer? Now all the spices are labled in little glass jars... I'm waiting for my SO to open the drawer and make fun of me all night for it :)

I reorganized everything in the laudryroom!!! also all bedroom drawers and bathroom cabinets!

Lilian, I did the bathroom cabinet thing too, a couple weeks ago. I don't know why but I suddenly hated where I was keeping bath towels. :/ nesting is so weird! I keep hearing that the stronger is it, the closer you are to labor though...hoping that's true because I've cleaned EVERYTHING in the last two days.

I've been terrible throughout is pregnancy.

So far since about 24 weeks I've emptied and sorted all the kitchen cupboards and the pantry. Repainted and glossed all the staircases (we have 3), started glossing all of the interior doors, decided I hated the outside door paint so repainted that, also decided I hated the unit that holds our shoes in the hallway so I bought chalk paint and did that, Monday night decided I hated the mirror in the hall and it needed a radiator cover so ordered and had it fitted yesterday, I've organised everyone's wardrobes so different types of clothes are grouped together and organised the babies wardrobe so they are in size order.

I usually do most of this on a Tuesday as that's my day off so I dread to think what I'll be like when I finish work in a few weeks :blush:

X

Mine just started last night! Started to clean the place spotless, but it takes a while because of the fumes, considering I like to do 2 rounds, so I wait a day for the fumes to clear up and then re-clean.

I want this place to be spotless as can be. Will also be adding shelves to organize DS's books, arts and crafts. Atm everything is together ontop of a big box, which makes for constant reorganizing when needing to grab something/put things back.

Will also be unpacking DS's baby things like crib etc. this weekend to see how they are and to clean em up and then wrap em back up in plastic until the baby arrives.

Definitely nesting!!!

Nesting has hit me hard since about 25 weeks and my house looks completely different now because of all that I've done to it! I've dragged my poor husband into it as well! Aside from the typical cleaning out cupboards, closets, appliances, etc. I've been nesting in other ways. I've been feeling an extreme need to stock up on items?? (Not like me at all). I've gone out and purchased any medicine we may need for the whole family for the winter, bought my son a ton of arts and crafts to occupy him when baby comes and we are inside all winter, etc. I also plan to stock up on razors, body washes, toothpaste, etc. UGH! I'm not letting myself relax!! Lol.

Last week I randomly decided to ring my dad and ask him if he'd do a tip run for me the following day, after he agreed I went into the kids room and pulled the place apart, bagged up old toys, took apart thier old draws that kept falling through etc filled his whole car with all the carnage the next morning. Then spent a few days not wanting to do a thing. Next was the kitchen. I was randomly scrubbing walls and doors whilst cooking the dinner a few nights ago. And then last night I decided to scrub the bathroom wall and then pulled out all the stuff at the bottom of the stairs, threw out the old rug and scrubbed the skirting boards.

What's bothering me is that I spent all these hours doing these things, yet the house looks no different to me. And it makes me feel like iv not done anything. I'm trying to take it easy so have been crushing the urge to blitz the whole house, I don't think I'd manage anyway, I get out of breath just walking up the stairs now. But the urge is so overwhelming some nights!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->