Rant alert - friends - Long!

ruth222

Mum of 1 to be Mum of 2
Reaction score
I have 4 weeks to go before my due date and I'm getting to the point now where I just want to relax and rest, I've been active most of my pregnancy, and kept myself busy. I'm getting quite tired now and feel like I want to wind down a bit until the birth. But nobody seems to understand that, I feel like the ppl around me have just 'forgotten' i'm pregnant and that yes i'm struggling, i'm tired, and I'm heavy.

A couple have moved in around the corner to us, hubby works with the guy and so I know the girl through him. I've never been overly sociable to be fair but I'm starting to get pissed off with the whole thing and the fact they are in our home pretty much everyday, and if there not here there ringing or texting constantly. I want quiet time and peace, but nobody seems to understand that??? its been going on for a month or so now and I'm getting fed up of it.

The girl she is looking for a job as just moved to the area a month ago so she has nothing to do day in day out and I'm now on maternity leave so I want to relax now. But if there not here there always asking us to go round there, and its always lets have tea here or lets have tea at yours. And there always round here borrowing things cos they don't have there own, and then we have to ask for them back!! We bought some ladders to we could get into the loft, they needed them before we even had a chance to use them ourselves.

Plus when they do come round without letting us know first!!! Anything thats lying around they just have a look at it, I had some mail on the side from truprint some prints I had done, they opened them up and started looking at them without even askin! What if I didn't want them to look!!! They took a DVD without asking and then asked what we were doing for tea cos they were hungry!! Then eat my food drink all my drinks, without asking, take our tea bags, throw my pregnancy ball around the house GRRR! Or if me and DH go out for tea, or get a take away if they 'find' out they get a 'cob on' because we didn't invite them!! Is it me? or am I just over sensitive I find myself going upstairs to the loo and then having 'silent' screams to myself in the bedroom before coming down again.

I've had a pretty shit week so far to be honest, lots of stuff gone wrong, mess ups at the doctors with my bloods etc, and we live in married quarters just off our RAF base where hubby works so I don't have friends or family around us but these ppl and hubby just doesnt seem to get why I get so annoyed and pissed off with them being here all the time. And to top it off our heating and water system is not working, and weve been chasing them to sort it out, been 2 weeks now and were still not classed as priorty so im already down about that. Then its just one thing after another.

Her hubby went out last night until 4am getting pissed and spent loads of money which they didn't have so she was in a huge mood with him and then she needed to go to job centre to sign on, he was going to go with her, but said he was busy, I was relaxing on the sofa, ended up going with her instead as felt sorry for her, she was almost in tears, cos hes pissed her off so much just lately (hes not the most loving, caring and sensitive other half, long story) and seems to always shun her when hes with his friends, so off I go and she drives like an absoloutle lunatic up the arse of every driver slamming on the breaks, theres me clinging on for dear life!!!

I feel bad for moaning, and I do like them I get on with them but I think sometimes I'd like some space and they never seem to see that?? I drop so many hints and they just don't get onto it. I'll be at home on my own in the day when hubby at work and I have a list of things I need to do in my head and shes constantly texting asking if I'm busy ARGH. She wanted me to go round theirs tonite as the hubbys are on nights, and sleep over etc on their blow up bed. I'm sorry but no I want to go to bed in my own home in my own bed. I feel like a cow but everything is really getting me down and the only person I can really talk to is my mum and shes 4 hours away and is working tonite so can't talk tonite, and hubby going to work soon and altho hes loving, sensitive, and supportive most of the time there are times when he just doesn't think and asummes inviting them round or doing this and that with them sometimes isn't actually ok with me as I want some space!!! ARGH. Why is it when something goes wrong everything does at once eh?? Ok breath rant over lol

Oh hun. Do you feel better for getting all that out? I think that as horrible as you may feel doing it at the time, you need to say to her (and him) that while you love their company you really need the space and time to get organised for the baby coming and cant just have them popping over all the time. Organise a set night to catch up and have a meal etc so you arent completely making them feel like you want rid of them, but that gives you the breathing space you need. Its a tough one,and it must be horrible for the girl with the situation she is in, but at the same time, you and your baby are the priority! xxxx

Are they for real?????

I'm bad enough with family let alone virtual strangers!!

You have my sympathy and NO you are not being too sensitive.

Your 'friends' sound like they take the pee. Opening your post! Taking stuff without asking! Sorry but NO NO NO you are NOT being over sensitive.

Is your heating and hot water not working at all? Have you told them you are pregnant? You should be classed as a priority and even if you aren't two weeks is still too long with no hot water. I'm in forces housing too and know what assholes they can be! Ring them up, tell them you are not happy and if needs be put in a formal complaint. They are quite hot on their complaints at the moment as they have recently bought in a partly independant review board for complaints that get too far and it certainly seems they don't want any complaints getting that far!

Your 'friends' sound like they take the pee. Opening your post! Taking stuff without asking! Sorry but NO NO NO you are NOT being over sensitive.

Is your heating and hot water not working at all? Have you told them you are pregnant? You should be classed as a priority and even if you aren't two weeks is still too long with no hot water. I'm in forces housing too and know what assholes they can be! Ring them up, tell them you are not happy and if needs be put in a formal complaint. They are quite hot on their complaints at the moment as they have recently bought in a partly independant review board for complaints that get too far and it certainly seems they don't want any complaints getting that far!

Oh the heating and water thats just one big joke, yeah its still off as its 'unsafe', but were not classed as priority as we have the 'emergency back up' aka the electric emersion heater - which we were also told is faulty as the switch sparks bright green and doesnt have a safety cut off installed, we reported this and the switch was replaced (for the wrong switch as they don't have the correct switch) and still sparks!!

Ahhh yeah the immersion i forgot about that! I'd still put in a formal complaint and call them out again to look at the spark properly. Just hold them hostage till they fix it! Oh that thought has tempted me so many times lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->