Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

well the time change has really f'ed things up here! MOTN party again last night............i'm at a loss

How long are her motn parties? They're just the absolute worst, aren't they?

well the time change has really f'ed things up here! MOTN party again last night............i'm at a loss

:hugs: I'm sorry, that's so hard. Hopefully she'll adjust soon

I've actually been wondering how the rest of you ladies are handling the time change - are you keeping the same bedtime and trying to get your LOs to adjust or are you moving bedtime an hour later? My plan is to just let her body stay on the same schedule and move bedtime later. It's a bummer losing that evening time but being able to wake up after 7am is awesome :happydance:

last night's was over an hour. Not as bad as some, but I was like OMG just let me sleep! i can't take it!

ugh I'm sorry bananaz, hope you get to the bottom of it and little one starts feeling better soon :hugs:

Weird night here. Mia went to bed at 5:30pm, woke at 6:30, 7 and 7:45 needing walking back to sleep. She seemed so awake at 7:45pm that I decided to see if she'd have her motn party early tonight and got her up. She stayed up until 10pm and then slept 5.5 hours :)happydance:) but then had a motn party 3:30-5am and went back to sleep until 7am.

I'm so unsure what to 'try' on her tonight. Maybe a later bedtime :shrug:

How are you going, Socity? Hope the sleep training is going well for you two, you both deserve some rest :hugs:

Aw it's both funny and sad how MOTN parties have just become the norm for you guys and you're trying to schedule them now! Poor mama, I really hope things improve soon :hugs:

Those MOTN parties suck. Socity and MiniKiwi, what are their routines like during the day?

MrsBean, so, so true on the milestones! Charlotte seems to hit a lot of those physical milestones early. I sometimes wonder if it's because she's small and she can pull herself around easier than a bigger baby. Isn't Quinn a wee one too?

Is an hour party a good night then? Mia is up between 2 and 4 hours a night, it's at the point that she's just not getting enough sleep.

Noelle, I think she does really well in the daytime, especially as she was a non-napper for some months. She wakes around 6/7am and naps roughly 9am until 10am and another hour, sometimes 2 at lunchtime. She's pretty exhausted by 5:30pm though and goes to sleep quite easily. I keep bringing her bedtime earlier but she's still waking every 30-60 mins after she's down for the night

Jack is late with his physical milestones :) I dread the day he crawls in his sleep! He's actually never even rolled in his cot!

We had a sttn 7.30pm - 7.30am yesterday! I am so happy that even if he goes back to his crazy 6am starts I can cling onto the hope that he may do it again. Nothing was any different yesterday at all so I've no idea why he did it. He actually took less milk than usual and his naps were both car naps AND he's getting a cold so technically it should have been a rubbish night! Will never understand children....!

I religiously stuck to his new earlier bed time for 2 wks an he continued to wake early. Last night he was 'late' to bed (ie his previous normal time) and he sttn. Now I'm wondering if he's one of those babies that earlier bed times don't work. If it makes no difference then I'll put him down earlier as that's better for us all. But I'm going to do a few nights of 7.30pm just to check what happens....!

We have our clocks going forward at the end of the month. I anticipate the first morning we may get a 'lie in'! But then I really can't work out what to do for bed time. If I put him down at the new 7.30pm that to him will feel like 6.30pm and I don't want to risk any funny business! Would appreciate advice xxx

Shadowy - yay for sttn!!!
Bananaz - poor Elsie having her blood drawn :( I think you're right though that they'll say it's a virus and it will eventually get better by itself. Really hoping that happens soon xx
MiniKiwi/socity - urgh MOTN parties suck, I have no advice but I do have hugs - huggggggg

Yay Boo! Some babies do better with a slightly later bedtime - Ferber was a big believer in this!

MiniKiwi, I wonder if you might actually try stretching her wake times a bit to 3 hours or so. Sometimes babies fall asleep due to habit rather than need. Those MOTN parties can be a sign of being undertired, interestingly enough.

Bananaz, I'm a crazy person and I woke Charlotte at 6:30am on Sunday to reset her clock. She's back to her normal schedule now :)

Did your clocks go forward or backward? Am trying to work out how waking her early helped (I find it so confusing!)

Bananaz, I'm a crazy person and I woke Charlotte at 6:30am on Sunday to reset her clock. She's back to her normal schedule now :)

That's a clever plan! I had considered gradually moving Elsie's bedtime earlier and earlier but that's a much more efficient solution.

Did your clocks go forward or backward? Am trying to work out how waking her early helped (I find it so confusing!)

They went forward, so if you wake up at 6:30 then it will feel like you're getting up at 5:30. It's really confusing for me too, I always have to very carefully think it through every time a question comes up lol

Thank you, Noelle! We will definitely try doing that, I didn't know it could be due to undertiredness! Gah!!! She's just gone down for her first nap now so I'll try with the later one then put her to bed at 7pm tonight. Fingers crossed :)

I still don't get it lol! So you wanted Charlotte to feel like she'd got up t 5.30, so that when her real bed time of 6.30pm came around she'd feel like it was 5.30?

Eek have confused myself sorry for sounding so dumb!

Mini the only thing I did think was maybe her second nap came around too early and therefore left a too long gap between that and bed time? I hope taking noelle's advice helps!

Hiya. Sorry I've been lurking again :blush: Hope everyone is doing okay. Boo I think Finlay is someone who is unaffected by an early bed time. He normally wakes around 6.30am regardless of how early / late he went to bed or how many times he woke up or moved / cried in his sleep. He can normally chatter, play or doze for a bit before needing to get up. That said for the last few days he's been waking at 5am. By 6am its almost impossible to ignore the fact he is very much awake. Any ideas on what I can do? He was self night-weaned a long time ago so a bottle doesn't send him to sleep and he can play with his morning bottle so I don't think it's hunger. We've also got a blackout blind. He has got the hang of pulling himself up and can now crawl on all fours (though commando is still quicker), so in theory he should be better at sleeping again. :dohh:

Ps. I always remember the clocks changing as 'Spring forward, Fall back' :)

Notnic I feel your pain! We had another 6am this morning despite a 7.30am yesterday :dohh: when he gets up at 6 he's so miserable and tired but I have no idea how to encourage him to go back over!
I basically could have written your post as my LO is also ok to chatter and 'play' for a while once he's awake. We have blackouts, I've been putting a blanket over his sleeping bag in case he's cold, I've propped his mattress slightly in case his cough wakes him etc etc. argh it's so frustrating

Mind you this morning his nappy had leaked. We use pampers active which have always been absolutely fine. He's in size 4 which should be fine it goes up to 40lb!!! But over past week or so we've had some (wee) leaks in the morning so I bought size 4+ and thought if solved it. But then major leak this morning too. Add to that he often dirties his nappy now when he wakes up (whyyyy all of a sudden?!) and I have no chance of him sleeping again.

Do any UK ladies know which other nappies may be less likely to leak?

Boo we're having the same problems with pampers active. Gone up a size but no better.

I think it's because she rolls round the cot in the morning, and because its full its bursting the lining and all the crystals are spilling out!

I'm going to pick up some others today to try but no idea what!

Sunnie same here! Plan to buy more today but don't know which to try I've never needed anything other than pampers!

We use Pampers Baby Dry for nights. They are much better but you have to pull them up higher at the front Simon Cowell style (at least for boys!) otherwise you still get leaks. F had a phase of waking up with a pooey nappy as soon as he started sttn again, but they're back to breakfast time again now.

Boo, what I did was basically wake her at her normal time even though it was technically earlier because our clocks were moved forward. That way we could just go about her schedule as normal :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->