Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

Can I join? We've hit the 4 month sleep regression hard! Annoyingly we had just reached a point where he was down to 1 or 2 wake ups & but now he's just not sleeping! It's like he just doses & wake/stirs every 10-20 mins.
It's a good job he's so cute & easily forgiven in the morning!

:hugs:

4 months is the WORST.

Failed miserably at CIO last night. Only lasted 10 minutes. I did try to let her settle herself for a nap while I took my shower this morning (less than 10 minutes) she screamed and cried the entire time.

My jerk DH is in las vegas right now for a bachelor party and here I am walking around the house crying because I'm so tired and annoyed. URGH

Failed miserably at CIO last night. Only lasted 10 minutes. I did try to let her settle herself for a nap while I took my shower this morning (less than 10 minutes) she screamed and cried the entire time.

My jerk DH is in las vegas right now for a bachelor party and here I am walking around the house crying because I'm so tired and annoyed. URGH

I think you're going to need support when you do CIO. Would you DH help you? Or perhaps your mom, if she's close by?

Bananaz - hope Elsie is feeling better now...I may have missed it but did you take her to the doctor already?

Beankeeper - ughhh I hated the 4 months sleep regression! It didn't last long for us and hoping it will be the same for you :)

Socity - you should def do CIO when DH is there to support you. I have never attempted it but we did a gentle CC with Sofia before and my DH was actually the main person in charge. It's too hard for mothers to hear baby cry AND do it alone.

Sofia woke up last night at 12 and was too upset to go back down...after hearing her cry for a bit, DH went to give her the bottle which of course she only took 2oz of before falling asleep. She them proceeded to sleep till 5:30 am when she woke again crying/fussing. I gave it 10 mins and she actually fell asleep and ended up sleeping till 8:30 am (which was I guess 9:30 am coz of time change).

I'm lost as to what to do about this night weaning. The time she wakes up is soooo different each night (anytime between 12 to 5 am or she actually even sttn) that I'm not sure what to do :/ she eats such little amount too that I know she can go without it. How would you guys go about this? Should I set the feeding time earlier maybe midnight and increase from there?

I'm just not sure how to proceed at this point :/

My mom was here in the day but stupidly I thought I would be better off alone doing CIO, with no one else in the house and the quiet, etc.

It is hard. It honestly goes against what I feel I should do which is go pick her up when she cries like that. I had no idea it was so hard. :(

My mom was here in the day but stupidly I thought I would be better off alone doing CIO, with no one else in the house and the quiet, etc.

It is hard. It honestly goes against what I feel I should do which is go pick her up when she cries like that. I had no idea it was so hard. :(

It is so hard doing cio. It depends on the type of cry but with my LO it just escalates to the point theres no way you could leave her to cio. I was so fed up at 5am the other morning after a night of her being awake at 2am for 2 hours, I thought right you can just cio, ive had enough of this (coz I was so tired by that point). I didn't last long, I couldn't let her get into such a state and ended up going to her soon after, as it wasn't just a whinge, it was a full on cry and getting worse.

I find cc works better for me but im never sure if shes teething at the moment and in pain, therefore I haven't attempted it lately but when I did cc at 6 mths, it took one night and she sttn for 7 weeks 7-7.......then teething started again and we're about week 3 into her not sleeping well again. I think my LO's problem is separation anxiety as it is at its peak at 9 mths.

I don't know what to suggest for you but good advice not to do it alone. Its better when theres 2 of you doing it, otherwise if you're on your own its easy to cave in very quickly.

When Quinn is fighting a nap and I leave him to it I go and do a job. It's horrid listening to it but just having a listen every 5 minutes is less heart breaking.

I think if you do go for it the effects are very fast. Something like 3 days. Good luck x

OMG we had another sttn!!! She went to bed late (time change confusion) so she was asleep by 7:20 pm. Stirred a bit at 12:30 am which woke me up but she stayed down. It's 7:40 am here and she's still asleep!

Woulda been better if I hadn't stayed up for 1.5 hours after her stirring but WHO CARES! All that can be fixed once the sttn is permanent :D

This damn fever just won't go away :nope: She's been whimpering in her sleep off and on all night but didn't actually start crying around 3am. I went in and gave her ibuprofen and spent 20 minutes patting her but she wouldn't settle. Finally I fed her and she immediately vomited all over, so then I had to change her clothes, give her more medicine, and feed her again.

Now she's been asleep for 40 minutes and I've been up googling all the terrible things that could be wrong with her. ugh

OMG we had another sttn!!! She went to bed late (time change confusion) so she was asleep by 7:20 pm. Stirred a bit at 12:30 am which woke me up but she stayed down. It's 7:40 am here and she's still asleep!

Woulda been better if I hadn't stayed up for 1.5 hours after her stirring but WHO CARES! All that can be fixed once the sttn is permanent :D

That's awesome :) hope it "sticks" this time

Yay Sophia!

Bananaz, I can't remember - has she been to the ped yet?

Charlotte isn't sleep so well the past week or so. She's very, very restless and crying out in her sleep. I'm tired. She is teething and has started cruising, so I'm sure it's all related. Just another phase to ride out!

Yay Sophia!

Charlotte isn't sleep so well the past week or so. She's very, very restless and crying out in her sleep. I'm tired. She is teething and has started cruising, so I'm sure it's all related. Just another phase to ride out!

Yep, she's been to the doctor twice now and everything they've checked so far has been clear. She's going in for a blood draw today :(

Sorry Charlotte isn't sleeping well. That developmental stuff always hits her hard, doesn't it?

Yay Sophia!

Yep, she's been to the doctor twice now and everything they've checked so far has been clear. She's going in for a blood draw today :(

Sorry Charlotte isn't sleeping well. That developmental stuff always hits her hard, doesn't it?

Eesh I'm sorry. That's tough. Hope it passes quickly.

It DOES hit her hard. As soon a I told a mom of another baby in her daycare that she was sleeping like crap, she was like, "Bet she's going to walk soon!". Everyone knows she's super sensitive. I've learned to live with it. She better take care of me in my old age :rofl:

This damn fever just won't go away :nope: She's been whimpering in her sleep off and on all night but didn't actually start crying around 3am. I went in and gave her ibuprofen and spent 20 minutes patting her but she wouldn't settle. Finally I fed her and she immediately vomited all over, so then I had to change her clothes, give her more medicine, and feed her again.

Now she's been asleep for 40 minutes and I've been up googling all the terrible things that could be wrong with her. ugh

:hugs: does she have diarrhea too? it doesn't seem like a tummy bug? maybe it's an influenze type thing, I know babies can get the high fever and vomit from that. did she have any shots recently?

:hugs: does she have diarrhea too? it doesn't seem like a tummy bug? maybe it's an influenze type thing, I know babies can get the high fever and vomit from that. did she have any shots recently?

No diarrhea and no shots. She got swabbed for the flu and it came back negative. She also got a catheterized urine sample done yesterday (that was lots of fun!) and it came back totally clear too. We did the blood draw this morning and the idiot tech didn't notice she was supposed to take two vials of blood instead of one so now we're supposed to go back in to get her poked again :growlmad: I don't know if I'm going to bother. I have a feeling we're going to go through this whole mess only for them to say "Hmm well I guess it's just a transient virus, she'll be fine."

I think its no coincedence that our not so great sleepers are all on top of their milestones and they practise A LOT until they 'get it'

Quinn is 8.5 months and he's cruising, I kid you not. He also working on his next tooth so despite fact that after we've re night-weaned and let him CIO for his 4.30am waking, I don't expect the sttn to last very night. I am at least very grateful that we do get the occassional bout of sttn now so we're not constantly tired but for Quinn when there's anything going on, it always effects his sleep.

So basically, Noelle... I know exactly how you feel!

Bananaz, I hope she feels better soon, poor baby... poor Mummy.

Shadowy, I'm very pleased she sttn. She has come a long way since you first started posting on this thread :)

Eesh I'm sorry. That's tough. Hope it passes quickly.

It DOES hit her hard. As soon a I told a mom of another baby in her daycare that she was sleeping like crap, she was like, "Bet she's going to walk soon!". Everyone knows she's super sensitive. I've learned to live with it. She better take care of me in my old age :rofl:

Hopefully once Charlotte does start walking that will be the last big disruption. You can just put in earplugs while she learns to talk in her sleep :haha:

I've been lucky that developmental stuff hasn't been a big issue for Elsie. She had an off night or two when she learned to sit herself up and then again when she learned to pull herself up but cruising and crawling didn't seem to be an issue at all. Then again she was already sleeping really horribly so I don't know if I would've noticed a disturbance!

No diarrhea and no shots. She got swabbed for the flu and it came back negative. She also got a catheterized urine sample done yesterday (that was lots of fun!) and it came back totally clear too. We did the blood draw this morning and the idiot tech didn't notice she was supposed to take two vials of blood instead of one so now we're supposed to go back in to get her poked again :growlmad: I don't know if I'm going to bother. I have a feeling we're going to go through this whole mess only for them to say "Hmm well I guess it's just a transient virus, she'll be fine."

:hugs:
i had my own idiot tech experience.........who caused me to have to take a 3 hour glucose tolerance test twice!

i hope she is better soon, poor Elsie!!

i agree, hadley has always been a bad sleeper but has hit most of her milestones early and learns fast....

ugh I'm sorry bananaz, hope you get to the bottom of it and little one starts feeling better soon :hugs:

Weird night here. Mia went to bed at 5:30pm, woke at 6:30, 7 and 7:45 needing walking back to sleep. She seemed so awake at 7:45pm that I decided to see if she'd have her motn party early tonight and got her up. She stayed up until 10pm and then slept 5.5 hours :)happydance:) but then had a motn party 3:30-5am and went back to sleep until 7am.

I'm so unsure what to 'try' on her tonight. Maybe a later bedtime :shrug:

How are you going, Socity? Hope the sleep training is going well for you two, you both deserve some rest :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->