Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

I cant wait for the day's my baby can wake up go make some cereal and stay infront of the tv until i wake up in about an hour more of sleep.. sounds bad i kno LOL!!

LOL me too! I was always an early riser as a kid, but I remember getting up at 5:30am and popping in a video and just hanging out until the rest of the family got up.

My mom and dad always slept in on Saturdays. They said they were "talking about our Christmas presents" so that my brother and I would leave them alone, but I'm pretty sure they were lying :)sex:)

:rofl:

Unfortunately I'm guessing that once I start school/work I'm going to have to get up at 5 or earlier whether LO is awake or not so my days of sleeping in until daylight may be gone permanently :cry:

I cant wait for the day's my baby can wake up go make some cereal and stay infront of the tv until i wake up in about an hour more of sleep.. sounds bad i kno LOL!!

LOL me too! I was always an early riser as a kid, but I remember getting up at 5:30am and popping in a video and just hanging out until the rest of the family got up.

My mom and dad always slept in on Saturdays. They said they were "talking about our Christmas presents" so that my brother and I would leave them alone, but I'm pretty sure they were lying :)sex:)

lmao!!!!!!!! you never understand it till you have your own kid. then it's like a lightbulb goes off :dohh:

Taking the dummy away was the best thing we did why did I not do this sooner. Last night Daniel did 7:30 till 2am I gave him is teddy an he went back sleep till 5am then he was moaning a little then going back sleep till 6:15

i've missed so much and I think I was away for 4 days only, lol!

Things are good here. Sofia has slept through every night (7 pm to 7 am) for the past week or so with occasional stirring at around 5 am. She self soothes within 15 mins or so though. I'm also sleeping slightly better. Still on 1/2 Ativan 3 times a week but sleeping ok on nights I don't take it as well. My plan is to wean myself off it by end of this month completely.

Now I gotta go back and read all I missed :D

Sunnie - I think we had WW37 at 32 weeks and are kinda over the hump now. Hopefully it passes soon for Seren

NotNic - awwww sorry about your LO's ear infection. I hear that those really mess up with sleep :(

Socity - I'm angry at the whole world when I'm sleep deprived. I also get pissed off when someone tells me they slept like 10 hours when I only had 2 :/

LO was up at 5 this morning after DH tried to settle him (not a great night and he'd eaten very soon before, so wasn't hungry). I tried too afterward but he was just too stimulated. This has happened before. :dohh: DH used to be able to settle him, but not recently. How do we work on this? I'm guessing that we need to try earlier in the night so that he's more likely to go back to sleep and we're less likely to just give up? The problem is that earlier in the night he usually sleeps for longer so it's more likely that he's actually hungry...

Notnic - hope your LO is feeling better soon :hugs:

Bananaz - hope you enjoyed the nice, long nap, at least! Sorry you had a rough night

Noelle - ugh! Isn't it awful when things go backwards?! Hoping Charlotte was just super excited and has a better night tonight

Well I'm so disappointed, we've had a couple of shit nights and I have no idea why. Last night I think Mia was up 5 or 6 times and up for the day at 5am only to cry and whimper until she went back to bed for an hour at 6am :nope: WHYYYYYYYYY?! Nothing has changed, it's like she just wants to make me sad :haha:

Not a great night :coffee: She woke at 10, 3:30 and 5. At 3:30 I stood there patting her back for nearly an hour before I realized that it just wasn't going to happen and I either needed to feed her or let her CIO. So I fed her. She's going through a crazy growth spurt right now and eating nonstop during the day so I'm hoping that that's the issue and it will be back to normal quickly.

Noelle, how is Charlotte doing with those naps? Has she stuck with just the one? Yesterday was the second day in a row where Elsie's first nap lasted over two hours but I couldn't get her to take a cat nap in the afternoon so she ended up being awake for over 7 hours before bed. I'm sure that didn't help the nighttime situation either...

i think hadley is already trying to only have one daytime nap. her sleep is all over the place again though. i give up!

Notnic - hope your LO is feeling better soon :hugs:

Bananaz - hope you enjoyed the nice, long nap, at least! Sorry you had a rough night

Noelle - ugh! Isn't it awful when things go backwards?! Hoping Charlotte was just super excited and has a better night tonight

Well I'm so disappointed, we've had a couple of shit nights and I have no idea why. Last night I think Mia was up 5 or 6 times and up for the day at 5am only to cry and whimper until she went back to bed for an hour at 6am :nope: WHYYYYYYYYY?! Nothing has changed, it's like she just wants to make me sad :haha:

Yeah, you should really read Ferber's book, there's a whole chapter on babies who sleep poorly because they want to make their moms sad :winkwink: Anyway, I totally know what you mean, sometimes it really does seem personal lol. I hope last night was better for you.

i think hadley is already trying to only have one daytime nap. her sleep is all over the place again though. i give up!

:hugs: I hate these transitional times. The minute you think you've got a loose routine established they go changing everything!

oh yeah it feels personal at times. a few times a week I find myself asking Hadley, why are you doing this to me!?!?!?!?!

It does feel personal. I think it's because we feel it's a reflection on our parenting skills (which it's not!).

Hey. Finlay, OH and I had a little disagreement this morning. 5.30am is not wake up time and this mummy is fed up of it and fed up of being the one who has to sort it. So...we just kept putting him back to sleep - 5.30, 5.50, 6.10, 6.40 and then he slept until 7.20! The change in him at our baby group was incredible. Soo happy and bubbly. Happy to explore on his own and not clingy at all. Seriously seems like Finlay has just gotten into a bad habit. I doubt very much he'll ever be a child that lies in, but I'll be happy to be stricter from now on about when we get up, especially when he's napping badly.

The dr doesn't think there is anything wrong with his ears. Just very sensitive to teething and she told me to keep giving him calpol until the pain eases. The last two teeth are quite slow at coming down and now the bottom gums look tender again. When will it end - hey?!

Aww notnic we are suffering here too! Jack has bilateral conjunctivitis :( And a snuffly nose. He also has the remnants of last week's awful hacking cough. Oh aaaand he just keeps sprouting teeth - 5 in the last 9 days!! His cheeks are on fire lol

To cap it all off we're on holiday with BIL and SIL and their kids - 3yrs and 20months. Jack is in his own room and we've kept his whole routine the same. Last night he sttn until 6.15. I was gutted he woke that early as over the last 2 wks or so he's taken to going until 7 or even longer regularly! But I suppose that given all his illnesses I should count my lucky stars??

My SIL was up last night with her 20 month old from 3.30am until almost 6am with a MOTN party!! Apparently this is kinda normal occurance for them. Although she was gutted as she had been having some sttn recently. She then did sleep until 8.30 though

Got me thinking which is preferable? Sttn but awful early mornings or waking MOTN and then sleeping until a nice time? Food for thought! Think I'll stick with what I've got! Xxx

Aww notnic we are suffering here too! Jack has bilateral conjunctivitis :( And a snuffly nose. He also has the remnants of last week's awful hacking cough. Oh aaaand he just keeps sprouting teeth - 5 in the last 9 days!! His cheeks are on fire lol

To cap it all off we're on holiday with BIL and SIL and their kids - 3yrs and 20months. Jack is in his own room and we've kept his whole routine the same. Last night he sttn until 6.15. I was gutted he woke that early as over the last 2 wks or so he's taken to going until 7 or even longer regularly! But I suppose that given all his illnesses I should count my lucky stars??

My SIL was up last night with her 20 month old from 3.30am until almost 6am with a MOTN party!! Apparently this is kinda normal occurance for them. Although she was gutted as she had been having some sttn recently. She then did sleep until 8.30 though

Got me thinking which is preferable? Sttn but awful early mornings or waking MOTN and then sleeping until a nice time? Food for thought! Think I'll stick with what I've got! Xxx

Oops sorry double post - the reception isn't good here and I wasn't sure it worked the first time!

Poor Jack! 5 teeth in 9 days? That is CRAZY!

I'd take STTN/early wake-up over MOTN party/sleep in any day of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->