Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

So Jords didnt have much day time sleep yesterday and guess what only woke up twice.. I now need to figure out how much day time sleep she should be getting because it seems like the less day time sleep she has the better sleep she has in the middle of the night.. but then i'm dealing with her being slightly cranky because she feels tired during the day but i'm hoping she will just get used to the 2 naps and staying awake for a longer period of time.

How does this work lol

There's usually a period where they're fussy/tired from habit when they transition to 2 naps. If your LO is sleeping well overnight it's a good sign she's ready!

So Jords didnt have much day time sleep yesterday and guess what only woke up twice.. I now need to figure out how much day time sleep she should be getting because it seems like the less day time sleep she has the better sleep she has in the middle of the night.. but then i'm dealing with her being slightly cranky because she feels tired during the day but i'm hoping she will just get used to the 2 naps and staying awake for a longer period of time.

How does this work lol

We're going through a similar thing here, I agree with Noelle that it's likely a sign that it's time to drop a nap.

With Elsie I've noticed that the only days that she's slept past 6am were when she either had no afternoon nap or a very short one the day before. Yesterday she had 2.5 hour morning nap (?!) so I didn't even bother trying to put her down in the afternoon and she slept from 7:40pm-6:10am!

Seaweed - I think you are right that you need to stick it out for a bit longer - after an initial improvement it does often get worse again before it gets better. And weren't things interrupted a bit by him getting unwell? Anyway there's no point stopping now, just stick with it. I know how disheartening it can be.

So another day of 30-40 min cat naps! I'm not quite sure how to get the longer naps back, they seem to have dissapeared! When she cuts down to 2 naps surely 2 naps of half an hour wouldn't be enough at this age? At the moment she seems to be having one morning nap, then another in the afternoon, then another late afternoon because they're so short and she spends most of the day in a grump over lack of sleep.

Maybe I should just only let her nap twice, get rid of the late afternoon nap, put up with the grumpiness and eventually she will 'catch on' and extend the two naps she already has? This age is confusing lol.

Hadley is almost 11 months and seems to get by just fine on 1 or 2 (30-40) minute naps a day.....I feel like I'm dying!

She's always been a cat napper from around 2.5 months old. Then suddenly last week she started taking naps of 1-1.5 hours once or even twice a day! But she's stopped doing it so I'm stumped.

She's always been a cat napper from around 2.5 months old. Then suddenly last week she started taking naps of 1-1.5 hours once or even twice a day! But she's stopped doing it so I'm stumped.

Elsie also started taking longer naps at around 6 months but she had a few brief "regressions" before it became consistent. Hang in there!

Hadley is almost 11 months and seems to get by just fine on 1 or 2 (30-40) minute naps a day.....I feel like I'm dying!

Yikes, that must be really tough, especially with another baby to look after!

we had another sttn (7pm to 7:20 am) with some minor shuffling at around 5 am (it took 10 mins for her to settle herself). What's odd though is how cranky she has been these last few days. Also, she seems to get tired so fast! She woke up at 7:20 am but wanted to nap by 9:00 am (she was going 3 hours between naps before). Then she napped till 10:30 am and I now she would wanna nap by 1 pm which will mess up her whole night routine...arghhhhhh

How does this work lol

We're going through a similar thing here, I agree with Noelle that it's likely a sign that it's time to drop a nap.

With Elsie I've noticed that the only days that she's slept past 6am were when she either had no afternoon nap or a very short one the day before. Yesterday she had 2.5 hour morning nap (?!) so I didn't even bother trying to put her down in the afternoon and she slept from 7:40pm-6:10am!

I think your right :).. Hoping this solves my issue trust me i'd be MORE then happy to wake up twice a night for the rest of my life it doesn't bother me for some reason... but waking up every hour ugh no. lol

Daniel slept 7:15 till 7:15 did wake around two and I did resettle him was only 5 mins though and he as only had one nap today for 80 mins

Shadowy - I think Sofia and Seren are twins! We are having the exact same here!

I thought it was because she had a cold but maybe it's just wonder week or something!

If it helps, Seren didn't take her afternoon nap until 2:30 as normal, although was quite tired and only did 30 mins.

Went down at 6:30pm and not a peep 2 hours later so hopefully it'll work out ok x

Sunnie - srsly? I think the two of them would be best buds! You guys should move to Canada :D Sofia went for her second nap at 2:00 pm sharp and it's still napping at 3:30 pm. This is the first day in a long time that her afternoon nap is longer than the morning one

Shadowy the majority of Finlay's naps have been longer in the morning. It's making transitioning to one nap tough on me. I feel like I'm playing a risky game if he has a short nap in the morning as I can't be sure he will have another one. Plus I've got used to a few hours to myself! I'm trying to get the naps better before he starts nursery. 1.30-2pm seems to be the best time for us, and I've moved lunch earlier to try to fit things in. He is getting very tired by 6pm though and a few times he's pushed dinner away. We just need to get that pm nap longer. I am a bit concerned about how tired he's going to be doing nursery. That could be fun.

For the longest time Charlotte had her longest nap in the morning. Recently it's become the afternoon one that's longer and I'm glad - she seems more sensitive to being overtired later in the day. Also, the longer she naps in the PM the later she can stay up.... And selfishly I like that because I don't get home until late-ish (usually 6pm). It's nice to have that extra 30 minutes with her! But I don't want her to go to bed too late. I like my grown-up alone time with DH. I'm not sure how mamas with babies with 10pm bedtimes cope!

Me neither Noelle! I only get a couple of hours to myself. F normally goes to sleep about 7.45. OH gets in c.6.45 so he gets an hour with him. A lot of babies I know have 6.30 bedtimes, but that wouldn't work for us, plus goodness knows what time he'd wake up! These days he can wake up between 5.30 and 6.15, but I'm trying to ignore early chatter and calling out. He's safe in bed and unless he's got a dirty nappy or his teeth hurt, then he'll be fine without me going in.

Oh yeah, so true. Charlotte usually sleeps soundly from around 7pm to 5am. Around that time she'll usually shuffle a bit and she might cry out, but she usually puts herself back to sleep until around 6/6:30am. I try not to intervene and usually she doesn't need me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->