Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

Here's an update : .... Yesterday was my surgery day I had to wake up up at 545am And she is usually up for the day around 7am or 8am I was seriously scared because our night time routine and morning routine is the only thing we had consistent about our days and I don't like taking them away from her at all I've worked way to hard to get this messed up .. I was literally nervous and oh couldn't watch her he works nights so my mom had to drop me of at the hospital and bring Jords ... And then she was watching Jords until bed time and oh was going to pick her up but after oh got me at the hospital at 3 we just went there for supper and the evening anyway while I laid on the couch.. He had To go get my meds and etc too so was easier if we just stayed at moms and he went quickly to do those I had gallbladder surgery so I'm not allowed to lift her for a week because I could get a hernia :( I miss my baby cuddles terribly but she's okay with oh she loves him To death there best buds and he knows how to do everything with her with minimal Questions... So this is how her day went i got her up at 545 I didn't feed her she didn't wanna eat anyway I got her dressed and packed her food and breakfast in her bag and in decided she would have her bubba around 7am still And her usual breakfast at 8 do I stuck with the same time as her routine even tho she was up and I got my mom to put her down for her Normal
Nap at 10am .. So she was up later before her usual first nap I guess she slept 1 hr and 30 Mins for my mom ( she has a pack and play there ) mom followed my routine loosely had another cat nap and she went to bed for oh around 630 woke up at 2am for 5 mins And she was up at 7am (usual time) yay Jords did amazing ! ... I was so scared she would think 545 was acceptable for walking up i did have a hard Time waking her up tho I kept poking her and she would Roll over back sleep lmao I had to pick her up To wake her out of her crib lol sorry for the errors typed this quick on my phone

Sounds like Jordyn did great mellyboo!

Last night was ok, I took Jessica up to bed at 7:30, she was asleep by 8pm. Then she woke at 10:30 (had a job putting her back to sleep at this waking) and 1:20 but then did a longish stretch and slept till 5am. She was then up at 6:30 for the day which was fine as we needed to get up to take oh to the coach station this morning. I'm not expecting miracles but things are improving I think!

Today she's had 2 naps but they were both quite short, lasting around 30/40 mins each. Technically she had 3 if you count the 10/15min nap in the car on the way back from the supermarket after dropping oh off. I'm not going to put her down for another nap, her next sleep will be bedtime so I'll see how she gets on.

Jordyn does that some times its actually typical of her to wake up shortly after putting her to bed

This week it was going to bed around 7-8 but she would wake up 30 mins after frantically crying i would try to feed her she would cry i tried picking her out of her crib and rocking her she would cry.. must of been a little faze because she didn't do it last night.

Melly, I'm so glad to hear Jordyn did so well! :thumbup: hope your recovery from surgery goes well too :hugs:

Twister, I'm glad to hear things are improving :thumbup: Munchkin often has days with naps similar to that now. We have a 20-minute commute to daycare so I can't prevent him from sleeping in the car at least one direction. I used to try to give him a full nap if he fell asleep there but I've learned he does better without it. I think you are right to keep her up until bedtime now. I hope tonight goes well!

LO slept his longest stretch ever last night! :happydance: 7:40 until 4:15! I surprised myself by sleeping over 6 hours too. He had a minor MOTN party after that but eventually self-settled without much fuss. It was understandable to me, I felt pretty refreshed too! :haha: Then he slept until 6:40. I couldn't believe it. I really hope he keeps it up -- it's wonderful to see him spending less time fighting sleep. But I'm glad for the 6 hours anyway, even if tonight is worse again.

Just debating to myself when to take her up to bed. I think it might be quite an early night for her tonight, due to when she last woke up, possibly around 6 or 6:30 (it's 5:45 atm), she will have been up for 4 hours by then and she's getting a bit irritable. I think it will take a little while for her to establish a set bedtime whilst she gets used to her new routine.

Does that sound about right?

That sounds right Twister. During transitions early bedtimes are a must. My DD is dropping to one nap currently and she's a mess come 6pm whereas she used to go down at 7/7:30.

Seaweed, that's a fabulous night!

seaweed - Wow, that's great! Fingers crossed for more stretches like that!

melly - Yay, I'm glad to hear Jordyn did so well. Sending good thoughts for your recovery.

Twister - An earlier bedtime does often help during these transitions, so that sounds like a good idea.

After almost a year, I think we are finally settling into a good routine here for both daytime and nighttime sleep. LO seems to have dropped her second nap and ever since that happened she's been sleeping past 6am, which is awesome.

I'm so glad I took the plunge and got rid of that last night feed a few weeks ago. It was stressful and I kept second-guessing myself at the time but we're both better off now. I'm sure there will continue to be bad days because that's the way it works with her but I'm actually feeling hopeful for once :happydance:

Took her up at 6:30, she's now fast asleep! She seemed quite chirpy though an had a massive giggle fit before I took her up lol, must have used up the last of her energy. Fingers crossed for a good night tonight!

Fingers crossed Twister!

Bananaz, that gives me hope... Charlotte's in the process of transitioning and I fear it's too quick. Her daycare provider has three babies and the other two are ready, so she's kind of moving foward wtih it. C's night sleep seems to be fine, even great, so I'm hoping that's an indciation she's doing okay. She's absolutely shattered at bedtime though. I wish I got home earlier so we could put her down a little sooner.

Seaweed - Yay!!:happydance::happydance: So pleased for you that you had such an amazing night! And brilliant that you managed to sleep too. Really hope it continues but even if it's two steps forward one step back, at least you know things are beginning to head in the right direction.

Twister - so glad that things are improving for you too.

Mellyboo - wishing you a speedy recovery from the surgery.

Fingers crossed Twister!

Bananaz, that gives me hope... Charlotte's in the process of transitioning and I fear it's too quick. Her daycare provider has three babies and the other two are ready, so she's kind of moving foward wtih it. C's night sleep seems to be fine, even great, so I'm hoping that's an indciation she's doing okay. She's absolutely shattered at bedtime though. I wish I got home earlier so we could put her down a little sooner.

I'm sure she'll get there. Elsie had a few false starts with the nap transition thing but then suddenly everything just seemed to click and now she usually makes it until her 7:30 bedtime no problem. Out of curiosity, what time is your daycare provider putting them down for the one nap?

Ok so not off to the greatest of starts, she's just woke up crying after about half an hour maybe? Just nursing her back to sleep now.

Noelle, I think it is a really good sign that her night time sleep is good. The main problem that I had with Thomas's nap transitions was that it would affect his night time sleep negatively, this was usually the main reason that I ended up having to back track on dropping naps and put up with early wakings and/or late nights. Thomas was always a nightmare for nap transitions though (still is).

So glad so many babies are doing great sleep wise :) Hope all you ladies are well rested...

So far, so poo tonight. :( An hour to convince him to sleep, 3 wake ups and now a rare motn party for us - 40mins so far and OH is still out on a team night out. I just know I'm finally going to get F asleep, fall asleep myself and he'll come and wake us both up. :(

We've had a rubbish night too. Probably to do with some of oh's family coming to visit. I tried putting her down for her second naps bit earlier so she would bra wake for when they arrived but she only slept for 40mins and was overtired by the time I managed to get her to sleep. She woke at 8:30, 10:10, 11:11 and just now at 1:45*sigh*.

Sorry to hear that Twister. :hugs: He is now finally asleep again. We almost were safe before but he was wedged in his cot so I dared to move him and bam awake again. :( Can't believe that motn party was so long - 2 hours which is most unlike him. Off to get some much needed shut eye. We have a meeting after church tomorrow about his christening. Yawning through the vicar's sermon isn't going to make a great impression. Sweet dreams mamas x

Sorry about the bad night so far ladies :hugs: I hope you both get some rest.

I'm a little apprehensive here. LO was absolutely exhausted at bedtime. He had three naps today but none of them were very long. I hope he wasn't overtired enough to sleep badly tonight. He settled immediately so hoping that's a good sign.

Last night started out good but then we had a very weird MOTN party. He was awake and moaning very intermittently for about half an hour. I went in only twice because I kept thinking he was on the verge of going back to sleep. Then DH offered to check and Munchkin suddenly started screaming. Once he'd been up for over an hour and a half I figured he might be hungry, got DH to calm him down as best he could, and nursed him. Then he went right to sleep. :shrug: I'm going to guess he was actually hungry? I fed him when he first woke up but he didn't eat a ton. And he'd been sleeping for about 7.5 hours before that (yay!). It doesn't make very much sense otherwise.

How is everyone doing? I hope the quiet means everyone is having good nights and naps! :hugs:

Things have been really good here. We just have one remaining issue at the moment, which is that LO is waking up early and still tired. He falls asleep when one of us goes in to help him (DH too :happydance:) but won't self-settle or stay asleep for more than five minutes. His night sleep has been good so I don't think he is overtired. But he's definitely not waking up cheerful, and he's yawning and grumpy until his first nap.

Anyone have experience with that? I want to avoid the up early/three naps/late bedtime cycle we were in until recently. So I guess I should just keep him up until an appropriate naptime for two naps? :shrug: That's what I did today...he went down just now at 9 (up at 5:40). It was a struggle to keep him up though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->