Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

Oh I calculated wrong earlier, it was 11 hours, not 9 :haha: I kept him up two more hours and hopefully tonight won't be too horrific, but I fear it might!

Gosh Amy...is there something in the water today?! Best of luck to you guys!!

SE - Aah! You too! Good luck tonight! Chloe made it 11 hours too before crashing.

Still can't bring myself to sleep train again plus been babysitting my best friends daughter past 2 nights so she's been taking over the pack and play. But he has been doing something different the past few nights, he'll nurse but he won't nurse to sleep.. He rolls over away from me.. Gets comfortable.. Talks for a few seconds then goes to sleep :shrug: never happened before. I usually have a hard time getting him to unlatch until he's in a deep sleep. Do you ladies think he's trying to self settle or am I looking into it too much?

Mine does that sometimes! It started around 7 months and only happens every now and again. I take it as a great sign! But then I cling to any small victory ;)

Got Fs room all set up with new bed and blackout curtains! Wish me luck this evening!

Rachel, Cully has had mornings like this a month or two ago. It's so tiring! Hang in there and keep putting him back to sleep if you can and hopefully he will get back into a better sleep habit.

SE, a top tooth! Congratulations!! I'm sorry naps have been so awful! Amy, sorry to you too. That is crazy. Poor Munchkin and Chloe and poor mammas!!!

Gaia, good luck with the curtains! I hope it makes a difference to you guys! Increasing his awake times slightly might help too.

Polaris, thanks for the nap advice. 14 hours sleep (which is what I aim for) is NOT working for us. I can't believe I pushed it for so long. We were doing yesterday 2.5, 3.5 and 4 but I'm going to try 2.75, 3.75-4, 4.25. We'll get up at 6am every day and bedtime should fall around 7ish. I was reading in my Dr Sears Baby Book that from 6 months, some babies only need 12 hours sleep total in every 24 (he says the range is 12-14). We shall see... Hopefully this helps things because I am a walking zombie at the moment!!

Stephie good plan, I think F seems to like 13 hours.

Well I am now in bed with F so can safely say this evening was MUCHHHHH better. By no means fabulous. But so much better. He slept in his room from 7:15-10:45. I had to go in several times, BUT only one wakeup required nursing and the others were patting on the back or just a snuggle. He even let me swap in soother for boob at the nursing session! What!?!?

He didn't do any long stretches though, so hopefully now that we are in bed we get a few. He has been super gassy and hasn't pooped all day so not sure if that's bugging him...

Ah well, semi success!

Aron went down 9pm. But drank a lot lot lot.

drank again super lot 00:00 and again 2:30. i was scared he would pop :haha:

then we slept until 7.30!!! but i dont really believe it. but that is what i remember. and him now moving in the middle of the bed near me. then he settles. but then i am squashed to the other side :dohh:

woke up 7.30 coz ds1 was screaming MAMA from downstairs :haha:

Stephie, I think it's a great idea to try more TWT. :thumbup: You really have been trying 10 for quite a while. I really hope it helps -- you are overdue for better nights! I will be so happy for you!!

Gaia, glad the first part of your night went so much better! :happydance: I hope the rest of the night was good.

Bababas, 2:30-7:30 is fantastic!!! :yipee: I say even if you were up briefly, it still counts if you don't remember being up. :winkwink: I hope that continues!

We actually had a really good night here too. A little scary when LO woke up very cheerful at 4:30, especially after his bedtime had been 6:20 (two other wakings in between), but he miraculously went back to sleep from 5 to 6. :happydance: He's seemed more comfortable at daycare the past couple of days so hopefully this rough patch will be behind us soon. Naps are still awful though so we'll see.

Amy, thinking of you, hope you guys had a decent night!

SE, so glad the night wasn't awful after the poor nap yesterday! And hopefully the rough patch is now over and Munchkin starts enjoying his new room.

Gaia, good news from your end too! Your gassy comment made me laugh out loud because Cully is also 'gassy' at the moment and being quite musical as he crawls around (I haven't heard that term before!).

Bababas, I agree! Great news!

Amy?? I hope you guys are doing ok.

Polaris, any other amazingly long stretches of sleep by Clara? I have a quick question for you - when calculating wake times (I know it's all approximate) how much time do you factor in for nursing to sleep? Or do you start nursing at the end of the wake time?

Our day was ok - we stuck to the wake times except for the middle one. He only took a 45 minute nap in the morning and he ended up really tired at 3.25 hours (the usual time we would start nursing to sleep) so we nursed to sleep at that point. I think it will take a while to increase that wake time, but I will slowly increase it by 5 minute increments until its closer to 4 hours. We also had our first cloth nappy leak during his second nap so it only went for 1 hour. So all in all he was pretty tired today! He's nursing to sleep now and I am remaining optimistic!

He also ate 1/4 of an avocado and a few pieces of pasta at dinner time, which is the largest volume of food he's ever eaten! This is off topic and not relevant to sleep, but I'm excited!

SE - Glad to hear it! We had a really good night also. I was shocked!

Stephie - I hope that your new routine is successful! I wonder how long it might take until you would know for sure?

Gaia - Glad you had a better evening! I hate it when there's no poop for the day! Just another thing to worry about!

kissesandhugs - That sounds like self settling to me!

After our one short nap yesterday, we actually had a pretty good night! Hopefully she isn't a crab at daycare today! She hasn't been napping well at all there.

And tooth #2 is in!!! Barely!

Some positive vibes here today, yay!

After I wrote we had a bit of a baby party from 10:45-11:30 he was pretty unsettled and gassy (can't believe you haven't heard that term Stephie!?!?). After that it was a good night, a few wakeups I think?! And a bit unsettled around 5 but we all slept until 7:15.

He did actually also eat quite a bit yesterday and day before but I'm doing a breast milk cleanse today because I think he's back up...

Gaia I think the Australian equivalent is 'windy' or people just say fart... What can I say, we Australians are crass ;) glad you had a good night!!

My mother would faint if I said "fart". She calls that the "f" word.

:lol: at both Stephie and Amy!

1/4 of an avocado is very impressive. Well done C! :thumbup: Now where are those teeth?

Amy, congrats on the tooth! :happydance: See, no toothless child for you.

Gaia, glad the rest of the night was ok :thumbup:

Stephie good plan, I think F seems to like 13 hours.

Well I am now in bed with F so can safely say this evening was MUCHHHHH better. By no means fabulous. But so much better. He slept in his room from 7:15-10:45. I had to go in several times, BUT only one wakeup required nursing and the others were patting on the back or just a snuggle. He even let me swap in soother for boob at the nursing session! What!?!?

He didn't do any long stretches though, so hopefully now that we are in bed we get a few. He has been super gassy and hasn't pooped all day so not sure if that's bugging him...

Ah well, semi success!
sounds great, soother for boob, has only happened twice here in the night. will prolly never happen again :haha:

congrats on the tooth amy.

and hope the new routine will work stephie.

Amy that is hilarious!!! We say 'fluff' in my house... I'm not fond of the F Word either!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->