Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

Spoke too soon.... Woke up exactly 2.5hrs from when he went down :(

Detterose, sorry he is up again :( I hope he falls asleep quickly.

We have one front tooth! I'm seriously praying to the tooth gods that the second one come relatively quickly ... The last few days have been so bad, poor baby.
How is everyone?

Detterose, if my LO wakes up 2.5 hours after bedtime I am SO happy, haha. I know that doesn't help you, but just for perspective and to know you aren't alone:

7:15 bedtime (took 30 min to leave)
8:45 awake (10 min to get away)
9:45 awake (15 min to get away)
10:45 awake (took him to bed with me)
12:30 awake (quickly latched on and back to sleep)
3 awake (45min party! Arg)
7 awake (latched on)
8 up for the day

Sooooo that's one of our not so great nights, but it's not abnormal for us. The 45min awake is unusual for him, but 4-6 wakeups is really pretty common over here!

Detterose, if my LO wakes up 2.5 hours after bedtime I am SO happy, haha. I know that doesn't help you, but just for perspective and to know you aren't alone:

7 awake (latched on)
8 up for the day

Sooooo that's one of our not so great nights, but it's not abnormal for us. The 45min awake is unusual for him, but 4-6 wakeups is really pretty common over here!

oh thats tough!

Hope it gets better for you two soon and Detterose.

Aron sometimes has this thing were he wakes up 1 hour after his down time. but we had been clean for that for a week.

hello girls. sorry that I have been gone so long. I am back now. It was difficult to post anything while OH and ds1 have been in vacation. It is was easier in the sense that Aron is more calm and not so bored when they are around. and OH can do all the diaper changing. But if i had free time either Aron or Ívar needed attention or had to clean up the mess of 3 men in the house :haha:

Im scared tomorrow when OH goes back to work and Ívar back to nursery. He will go to up a grade now. Aron will be bored to death at home with me. Not sure if I can pick up Ívar earlier since Aron changed to 2 naps some days.

So an update here.

If Aron wakes one hour after down time it is enough to give him just the pacifier.

Now he sleeps in his bed for the first stretch. :happydance: good that he allows this now, since I am scared he might fall from my bed. (I moved back to my room, we were at Arons room on the matress but I couldnt sleep well there, Ívar is beside that room and I hear him in his sleep, Aron was enough for me)

Last night was bad. I myself seem to be having a hard time to fall asleep. By the time I am asleep Aron wakes for BF.

He had 2 days of 2 naps. Yesterday the third late nap backfired and the night last night was bad.(so my brain is a bit off today) Hope tonight is better with the two naps.

He wakes usually 23:30, 00:30 if lucky 01:30 for his first feed. If lucky 3 times.
Then too many comfort sucks, not even feeds about after 5am. so annoying.

He finally takes the bottle so I am wondering if I should give him a bottle before night time from now on. Then OH can maybe help putting him to bed. BUT he is used to BF to sleep. So i tried the bottle before the 2nd nap. and hold him to sleep he freaked out, wanted boobie. So I gave in, trying not to change it that sudden. I am wondering to try bottle for a week and also boobie if he wants and then just see how it goes. what you think?

7 awake (latched on)
8 up for the day

Gaia, that sounds very similar to our nights except that Clara is actually now finally doing a 2+ hour stretch before her first waking, YAY!!
A fairly typical night for us would be
8(ish) bedtime (could take 30-45 minutes to get away)
10.30 awake (10 minute feed)
11.00 awake again (will keep waking every 20 mins or so until I go to bed with her)
11.45 awake (comfort suck to sleep)
12.30 awake (repeat above)
2.30 awake (repeat above)
5.30 awake (10 minute feed)
7/7.30 usually have to wake her to start the day as she seems to sleep best when it's time to get up. :dohh:
On a bad night we could have a MOTN party thrown in there too.

This is why I have stopped keeping track of how many times she wakes!

thats a lot of work polaris. Aron does not wake that often. but I too dont bother to check anymore when he wakes. i just do it ones a week to check if i am imagining things.

like this week when i checked it was only 3 times he woke up. but that was a good day :haha: just a coincidence. i think mostly it is 4-5. and lately he just sucks ones. i think he is just dreaming and i want to shut him up :haha: and since we co sleep i just turn over.

Yah, lots of times this summer our evenings have only been one or two wakeups before my bedtime, but last night was rougher.

Ladies...I have a clogged duct!!!!! I have never had ANY issues BFing and never had this before. What do I do?!?!?

Yah, lots of times this summer our evenings have only been one or two wakeups before my bedtime, but last night was rougher.

Ladies...I have a clogged duct!!!!! I have never had ANY issues BFing and never had this before. What do I do?!?!?

I had one when Clara was younger, never had it with Thomas. I was able to clear it by a combination of frequent feeding, pumping, and a bit of massage/manual expression in the shower. You can also try feeding in different positions and massaging the boob while you feed/pump. It should be OK but my understanding is that you need to tackle it quite aggressively to avoid any danger of mastitis.

thats a lot of work polaris. Aron does not wake that often. but I too dont bother to check anymore when he wakes. i just do it ones a week to check if i am imagining things.

like this week when i checked it was only 3 times he woke up. but that was a good day :haha: just a coincidence. i think mostly it is 4-5. and lately he just sucks ones. i think he is just dreaming and i want to shut him up :haha: and since we co sleep i just turn over.

Co-sleeping has totally saved my life! Unless she is teething/ill, most wakings can be dealt with very quickly without me having to fully wake up.

I do think Clara is just not a good sleeper to be honest. If anyone had told me she would still be waking this often at a year old I would not have believed them!

i massaged it in hot shower. and took pain killers. oh and tried to suck it out with a siringe. i cut the front part off. sucked, then some white sticky thing came out. dont know though if that did the job. it mostly cleared after 2 days. i got it so many times i got used to it at 2-4 month of aron.

i massaged it in hot shower. and took pain killers. oh and tried to suck it out with a siringe. i cut the front part off. sucked, then some white sticky thing came out. dont know though if that did the job. it mostly cleared after 2 days. i got it so many times i got used to it at 2-4 month of aron.

Whoa...cut it off? Are you talking about a milk blister? A clogged duct can be a lot farther in...it would hurt a lot to cut that off! :p

Gaia, hot showers and massaging and frequent feeding...they don't have to be a big deal, I had one early on and it resolved pretty quickly with the above and hasn't come back. How strange that you got one though. You don't pump much, do you?

Back soon to catch up...things are crazy over here...not sure if it's the 11-month thing everyone talks about but Munchkin is definitely trying to drop to one nap.

no no :haha: i mean cut the front of the siringe off. so i can suck the clogged thing out.

my night is starting .... great. he woke up after one hour and didnt want his pacifier, so he got boob. *sigh... but could be worse.... so im ok.

Back soon to catch up...things are crazy over here...not sure if it's the 11-month thing everyone talks about but Munchkin is definitely trying to drop to one nap.

:hugs: when ívar dropped to one i was walking outside for hours trying to make him sleep his 2nd nap! i think after 2 weeks i had enough lol.

Stephie, yay for the tooth! I hope Hunters top teeth hurry up and cut through. They are giving him such a hard time.

Gaia, sorry things are so rough. Hunter wakes up to 8 times a night as well, it's only the first 2-3 hours of the night that he has the long stretch, after that it's all over the joint. Super exhausting. Has to get better at some point right? :(

Bababas, ohhh WW26. Please dont mention that LOL. It is tough. Hopefully yours goes alot quicker then ours. As for the clogged duct, its best to deal with it fast. I had severe case of mastitis. I needed antibiotic injections every day for over a week. It was worse then labour to be honest! Hope it gets better soon.

Interesting thought on the syringe...I have tried everything else and so far no luck...

There is a large lump, several inches actually, that is swollen and tender and its making my nipple sore too. Or maybe from F biting, or me trying to express and massage...ugh either way it sucks.

I think it is likely because i nursed on this side more while waiting for the bite to heal, then went back to normal and nursed less on this side again...

gaiagirl- I had two clogged ducts....hot shower, massage, nurse more on that side, and if you have a warm compress (heating pad) use that too! Good luck!

SE- My girl sometimes does one nap...I think she really could use two, but she typically refuses to let me put her down for her 1st nap, so she just wakes up. I usually just let her stay awake and try again for the afternoon nap. By then she is so tired it is usually not as big of a struggle.

I did not get a chance to read all the recent posts, hope everyone is getting decent sleep!!!

We were supposed to go to the drive-in tonight as a birthday treat(my b-day is tomorrow and my mom is spending the night) after I put dd to bed, but she woke up crying at 4. We let her fuss/cry for a little bit and she fell back asleep for just a little longer and was up at 5. We refuse to get back into the 'wake up at 4am' habit. Of course, DH and I were stressed so we did not sleep much. So we are too tired. Naps did not go well today....she only slept for 30 minutes in her crib and then the rest was on me....however, I only had to sing Hush Little Baby once! :haha:

It was a milk blister! Crisis averted!

Not pleasant but much better than other options :)

Lysh sorry your LO didn't cooperate, I swear they know when we are excited for something...I hope you bday is great and baby treats you to a sleep in :)

I second what Polaris says. I'd also avoid lying down feeding on that side until it feels better. I've had this 2 or 3 times now and it's cleared within 24/48 hours. I hope it you feel better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->