Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

Bababas, I'm glad your work party evening out went well, but sorry last night was difficult! Are his ears getting better? (was it both ears?! ouch!) Doctors always make it sound so simple...I think, since you seem open to the idea in general, you will know when you're ready.

AFU, we'll see how Munchkin does this week with longer days at daycare... :(
The past few nights have been comparatively rough. He's just seemed to have a hard time settling. I've broken the night weaning rules and given him milk twice (once was at bedtime but after we'd already started the routine) because he was so upset. Each time the milk has helped, but I can't tell whether it's the calories or the comfort. We are really trying to feed him a lot during the day but maybe he needs more now that he's walking? Or maybe it's WW55...or teething. :shrug: I just hope we're able to get back on track.

it was the right ear. yes it is so easy to say but hard to do thats true.

i am wondering the same with aron now. this night was weird again. i tried to stuff him the day, since he is not that big of a eater. but he woke again up a lot in the night and drank so much! one of those days again :coffee: hope you will get back on track soon.

I am just checking in.....I have a lot of catching up to do! I have not fallen off the face of the earth, just exhausted!!!! Busy start to the school year and LO is back to waking up between 4:30-5. When my eyes are not half closed, I will catch up!

you take care hon :hugs:

Bababas, regarding the night feedings, I think you guys should make your own mind up and don't be pushed into something by the doctor. A lot of breastfeeding advice is outdated and doctors are not always the best ones to advise us on these issues. I'm sure you know that though :) do what feels right for you. Did you know you can buy the same instrument that the doctors use to check their ears? I've ordered one off amazon so that I can keep an eye on things myself. Apparently they are really easy to use and the one I bought is intended for home use by parents and comes with a guide about what to look for.

We had a bit of a rough night - back to hourly wakeups with a couple of two hourly stretches. I'm sure he's teething. He has the little white squares in his gum at the top of his mouth. No sign of the 3rd and 4th bottom teeth though? I thought they came first.

thank you on the advice, i didnt know about the ear instrument. well i am buying that now lol. tanx a lot.
sorry about your rough night. seems like all have been having a bad night today. so it must be the weather i hope!

Thank you everyone. I'm goin to keep trying to put him down for naps as he didn't get that upset and not sure about the night yet. When they drop naps which nap is it that usually goes??

aron used to nap 9am, 1ish and late 5ish.

so now it is around 930, and 1 or 2ish.

wake times are 2,5, then 3. sometimes he isnt sleepy at 2,5 so i do 3 and 3. then he does 4,5 before bed, since he refused to sleep as long as his brother is awake :dohh:

bad night here again. is there a growth spurt? might be the teeth or something. or developmental. since he just cried out of the blue around 10:30.
then drank a lot. i cant remember how many times we woke up. maybe 4-5 and at 2 am he couldnt settle was babbling. so i turned around to show him i was sleepy. he immediately cried. so i turned back and put my arm around him then he was able to fall asleep. but he drank a lot in the night. is there a growth spurt or something. he is 7 months today. or maybe teeth... sigh. and then he had to woke up 6am :cry: he is napping now. so i am gonna nap now too. falling asleep. cant google of ww30.

managed to google:

Weeks 29/30 or 6.8 months - This isn't actually a Wonder Week, but many babies act fussy during this time as they begin to understand that their mommy can leave them. Just thought I'd let you know :)

this sounds like us. he even says MAMAMAMAMA to pick him up. and looks for me. it looks sad lol.

I googled it too as we're having a pretty awful time. It makes me feel better that it might be something else other than me doing a really crappy job! I bought a dummy..he won't take it. I'm not really that surprised as e won't take a bottle! It was awful for his lunchtime nap. He laid next to me crying whilst I'm crying. I ended up feeding him to sleep. I'm just fed up now :( feeling really teary today. Only 6 hours till DH home

I googled it too as we're having a pretty awful time. It makes me feel better that it might be something else other than me doing a really crappy job! I bought a dummy..he won't take it. I'm not really that surprised as e won't take a bottle! It was awful for his lunchtime nap. He laid next to me crying whilst I'm crying. I ended up feeding him to sleep. I'm just fed up now :( feeling really teary today. Only 6 hours till DH home

oh no why do you say you are doing a crappy job. dont worry hon :hugs: at least he is napping now. i still feed aron to sleep all the time hehe. i did it with my ds1 until he grew out of it. i hardly remember but i think he was about 7-8 months then. but i dont remember what i did for nap times. i only remember he would self settle for bedtime.

I fed him to sleep tonight. He has a bit of a cold now so don't want to do anything ATM. Going to form a plan in the next few days and start again next week. Tried to get him to take a dummy today. He wouldn't have it. I don't know why I'm surprised really ..he won't take a bottle!

Luckily the complex apologised and dropped a travel cot off first thing the next day. Even with such a late bedtime and full on day he still woke at 7am. Normally that would be a lie in but less than 7hrs sleep was exhausting for us. The following night OH had a bath straight after Finlay and never made it downstairs. He fell asleep on the bed! So two nights running Daddy went to bed before he did! We're having a great week, but Finlay really is a hyper boy down here and we've had to borrow reins! Sleep is a little changed up. Tonight he went to bed normal time so we'll see how that affects him.

Will try to catch up with you all properly soon. xx

I just wanted to check in - we are in the middle of truly awful nights and Cully seems to have reverted to 2 naps again. He's sleeping 3ish hours in total during the day and I'm just going with it for now. I will respond properly later. Hope everyone is doing well!

keese22 so sorry. 5 times is a lot. but happy 7 months!

im trying to remember. i think last two nights have been similar.

ívar has a cough, which wakes aron, around 10pm. again at 12mn. then slept 12-5am straight. yesterday i was struck by insomnia though. i think he woke up twice or trice but woke up 6:30 both boys.

hope everybody is doing well though.

We have a tooth! His very first tooth. Hopefully sleep will calm down now :) last night was better. He fed at 946(drive to inlaws so he woke when arrived) woke at 230. Fed him and he went straight back up sleep, then he woke at 0430 as his nappy had leaked(wet). Any night nappy recommendations ? We're using pampers baby dry x

Keese, that's brilliant news!! So good when there turns out to be a reason for the frequent wakings! And that sounds like some seriously good sleep last night, yay!! Regarding the nappy leaking, what I used to do when I was using disposables was to move up to the next size up just for nighttimes, that usually fixed the problem.

Bababas, I hope Ívar's cough is better soon, how frustrating that it is waking Aron too. That was a lovely long stretch of sleep from 12 to 5 though, yay!

Steph - Clara is back to two naps too - she is sleeping about 3 hours during the day too! I swear that Cully and Clara copy each other in their sleeping patterns! We are having awful nights too. But I do think ours are developmental, we are in the middle of WW55 and Clara is SOOO clingy during the day as well which is very unlike her. She is really waking a lot during the night and wanting to be latched on for most of the night. She wakes up crying when the boob falls out of her mouth! I hope this is a short phase. It could be teething as well, I think possibly a premolar? Her gum looks swollen.

Hows everyone else doing? It's been quiet on this thread recently. Am hoping that means all babies are sleeping well? SE, how is Munchkin's sleep now? Notnic - hope the rest of your holiday went well.

Things have been pretty good here, despite my worries about longer hours at daycare last week. Most nights he's been up once or twice but has gone back down pretty easily (without milk).

Also he had no problem taking two naps at daycare each day this week (I had to drop him off around 7:30 :( ) so that's still happening. Two short naps though.

Sometimes bedtime goes really well...sometimes he seems to just get himself worked up and need to sit on the floor for a minute and calm down, and then he's able to go back to bed and fall asleep.

So overall, really good! :thumbup: The biggest issue now, strangely enough, seems to be getting enough food into him during the day on weekends. He eats a LOT more solids at daycare and it seems to be better for him that way. We just can't manage to feed him that much. I have been increasing his last cup of milk in the evening to 5-6 oz and I think that has helped.

Will catch up with you all soon :hugs:

Bababas, how have things been with you? Any improvements? It could well be a growth spurt. Wow I just saw your update - what a great sleep! That's awesome.

Notnic, I hope the rest of your holiday has been lovely and relaxing! I bet you were glad when they dropped off the travel cot!

Keese, I'm sorry you've been having such a rough time. I'm sure it was teething causing the disruptions - hopefully things settle down now. Regarding nappies, we've switched to cloth now but I was advised to go one size up for your night nappy. Oh, I see Polaris has given the same advice!

Polaris, we really do have the worst sleepers, don't we! Hopefully once this next WW passes you get some better sleep. You're certainly owed a good night of sleep!

SE, I'm thrilled that sleep is going so well for you! That's fantastic news!

We are still having crummy nights. I can't figure out what it is. He wants to be picked up and rocked at every night waking which is tiring. A few nights ago I had to wake DH to bounce him on the exercise ball because I was just too tired. I don't understand how he can be so happy and lovely and sweet in the day when he's barely slept at night. But he is continuing to hit his milestones and is in great spirits so I will keep giving him the help he wants at night to sleep.

Amy, Gaia, Lysh - how are things?

Bababas, I hope Ívar's cough is better soon, how frustrating that it is waking Aron too. That was a lovely long stretch of sleep from 12 to 5 though, yay!

Hows everyone else doing? It's been quiet on this thread recently. Am hoping that means all babies are sleeping well? SE, how is Munchkin's sleep now? Notnic - hope the rest of your holiday went well.

tanx polaris. i think his cough is a bit better now. he hasnt coughed yet since his sleep. hope you are doing fine as well. :flower:

so sorry about the night sleep. hope WW55 is over soon.

Things have been pretty good here, despite my worries about longer hours at daycare last week. Most nights he's been up once or twice but has gone back down pretty easily (without milk).

Also he had no problem taking two naps at daycare each day this week (I had to drop him off around 7:30 :( ) so that's still happening. Two short naps though.

Sometimes bedtime goes really well...sometimes he seems to just get himself worked up and need to sit on the floor for a minute and calm down, and then he's able to go back to bed and fall asleep.

So overall, really good! :thumbup: The biggest issue now, strangely enough, seems to be getting enough food into him during the day on weekends. He eats a LOT more solids at daycare and it seems to be better for him that way. We just can't manage to feed him that much. I have been increasing his last cup of milk in the evening to 5-6 oz and I think that has helped.

Will catch up with you all soon :hugs:

yey your nights sound fabulous! yea they usually eat more when they see the other kids eat. ds1 eats a lot more in playschool. here at home i have to cook carefully so he eats. but eventually he will eat if i keep his plate, he eats it later when he is hungry again.

We are still having crummy nights. I can't figure out what it is. He wants to be picked up and rocked at every night waking which is tiring. A few nights ago I had to wake DH to bounce him on the exercise ball because I was just too tired. I don't understand how he can be so happy and lovely and sweet in the day when he's barely slept at night. But he is continuing to hit his milestones and is in great spirits so I will keep giving him the help he wants at night to sleep.

sounds like tough nights. i am just lucky that aron continues sleeping after giving him the boob. i am willing to breastfeed forever if that does the trick lol. coz then i can just sleep while he drinks. he nods off very fast after he is full. i hope i will not have to night wean him. i feel it must be impossible. i cannot imagine how difficult that is bouncing all night. :hugs:

We had a good night yesterday. i was so happy. he woke 1 am and 5 am, and that was it. and woke 7:30. also ívar. it is good when they wake at the same time. i had hard time falling asleep first though, coz i watched some horror trailer :dohh:

Hey ladies, still up and down here. Had a rough night Friday then a good one last night (woke maybe 2-3 times and only nursed twice!). Just coming out of a wonder week so hoping it settles a bit...

But really no big changes. Still naps around 9:30/1:30 and bed between 7-8. STILL almost always wakes briefly at first cycle then needs nurses back to sleep...looking forward to the day THAT ends. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->