Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

OMG it finally happened! She slept through! She got up at 5am so a bit earlier than I might've liked, but still - I'm counting it! Yay night weaning :happydance:

Yay bananaz!
Amazing news! Go Elsie!

Sorry trying to keep up in Australia but its difficult!

Daneuse we're on a 7 hour time difference, we flew from the Middle East not the USA. And I've kept her to the same time zone give or take an hour, so we can Ho out at night and she settle back in easier at home. (Plus I get a lie in!).

Although Seren has a tummy bug! So last night spent in a&e to see a doctor as she had only had half the usual amount then threw up over a quarter of what she had drank. She's fine, and her appetite is a little better today, but I think she'll take a couple more days to feel normal and eat properly. Just in time for the flight home to disrupt her.

Ah we'll, it's been a great trip considering. She's slept ok, even being ill. Just needs food at the beginning of the night and stirring a little, but then she is in our room, so we probably disturb her.

I was up 20 times again last night, tummy aches/gas again.. all I do is offer a dummy when she wakes with those pains, and Ill do a massage on her belly that helps expel gas, which often works but not always. I also give her gripe water before her last feed of the day. shes a good night time sleeper, and goes straight back to sleep after waking up, but if it persists then she'll keep waking up.
It seems to get better for a while and she'll sleep 12 hours when it does! (that was last week) but then we have rough patches like this one. Ive spoken to doctors about how gassy she is and they say that she'll just "grow out of it", but does it seem normal that a 6 month old baby is still so gassy?
I'm breastfeeding and am now wondering if I should stop because I have to be so careful with what I eat and I miss comfort food at times...lol
But its weird, sometimes Ill eat plenty of dairy one day and shell sleep 12 hours, and other days Ill be so careful and she'll have a tummy ache all night long. So Im not sure if my diet is to blame or not. :shrug:

Yay bananaz!
Amazing news! Go Elsie!

Sorry trying to keep up in Australia but its difficult!

Daneuse we're on a 7 hour time difference, we flew from the Middle East not the USA. And I've kept her to the same time zone give or take an hour, so we can Ho out at night and she settle back in easier at home. (Plus I get a lie in!).

Although Seren has a tummy bug! So last night spent in a&e to see a doctor as she had only had half the usual amount then threw up over a quarter of what she had drank. She's fine, and her appetite is a little better today, but I think she'll take a couple more days to feel normal and eat properly. Just in time for the flight home to disrupt her.

Ah we'll, it's been a great trip considering. She's slept ok, even being ill. Just needs food at the beginning of the night and stirring a little, but then she is in our room, so we probably disturb her.

Wow lots of travelling! I miss Australia, me and FOB actually used to live there, and now he lives in California (which is why I go there sometimes with LO) and I live in Canada. Yay for international babies. Although the baby jet lag isnt always fun. :haha:

I was up 20 times again last night, tummy aches/gas again.. all I do is offer a dummy when she wakes with those pains, and Ill do a massage on her belly that helps expel gas, which often works but not always. I also give her gripe water before her last feed of the day. shes a good night time sleeper, and goes straight back to sleep after waking up, but if it persists then she'll keep waking up.
It seems to get better for a while and she'll sleep 12 hours when it does! (that was last week) but then we have rough patches like this one. Ive spoken to doctors about how gassy she is and they say that she'll just "grow out of it", but does it seem normal that a 6 month old baby is still so gassy?
I'm breastfeeding and am now wondering if I should stop because I have to be so careful with what I eat and I miss comfort food at times...lol
But its weird, sometimes Ill eat plenty of dairy one day and shell sleep 12 hours, and other days Ill be so careful and she'll have a tummy ache all night long. So Im not sure if my diet is to blame or not. :shrug:

I'm in the same boat, my lo is sooooo gassy, dr told me to eliminate cows milk and see uf it helps. i guess we will see, but mine must be the sleep regression because there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to his sleep at all lol

Is she well established with solids? Solids really helped Charlotte's reflux. I wonder if you could add some things to her diet to squash the gas.

think i will start sleep training tonight. not sure if cc or cio will work. but i've woken up with a thumping headache yet again i'm totally over bedsharing and still getting a shit sleep :(

think i will start sleep training tonight. not sure if cc or cio will work. but i've woken up with a thumping headache yet again i'm totally over bedsharing and still getting a shit sleep :(

GOOD LUCK! The first night is the hardest. Stick with it. We will be thinking of you :flower:

Sunnie - Sorry to hear Seren isn't well, but I'm glad she's been sleeping okay and that your trip is still going well.

daneuse - My LO didn't start growing out of her food sensitivities until 8 months, but thankfully I did an elimination diet so I knew what she was reacting to and could take precautions before then. There are a lot of things that babies can be sensitive to other than dairy though. My LO's pediatrician was convinced that dairy was the issue even after I'd cut it out, but the problem was actually cinnamon!

socitycourty - Good luck! If it were me I would start with CC and see how she does. Like Noelle said, the first night is the hardest but it may not be as bad as you expect.

No, the solids arent really helpng. She has infant cereal for breakfast, vegetable for lunch and infant oatmeal for dinner. Havent seen them make a difference one way or another.
Last week was such a good week...she was sleeping solidly 10-12 hours/night and taking regular naps! And now, night time is shit and naps are non existent.. wtf! why do things suddenly change so drastically? :(

Thanks guys! I've got my fingers crossed for a repeat performance but knowing Elsie it's unlikely she's going to just sleep through all night every night from now on. I'd be happy if she at least made it an occasional thing though!

Did you sleep through bananaz or did you keep wondering how you got so lucky? Lol. I always do that!!

Did you sleep through bananaz or did you keep wondering how you got so lucky? Lol. I always do that!!

I had a small glass of wine and some melatonin before bed so I slept just fine :haha:

Sadly Elsie's STTN streak was only one night long. She had wakings at 2am and 3am before getting up for the day at 5am. It wouldn't have been too bad except mama decided to go out last night and didn't get to bed until midnight :blush:

I think I'm going to start playing with her bedtime to see if I can get her to sleep in until at least 6am. She goes down around 6:30pm now and I really don't want it any earlier than that so I guess I'll try pushing it later.

Hey, that's not too bad Bananaz! When Charlotte started STTN it was very inconsistent. And quite honestly, it still is. She slept through three nights in a row this week and last night woke at 4am and 5:30am. So it just varies, especially with "passionate" children like ours :)

I'm thinking of playing around with Jack's bedtime too. We had a 6am this morning which doesn't sound too bad but last week we had two 7.45's so I'm thinking 7 may be optimal for him?! He currently is down at 7.30pm. Do you sleep gurus think I should try 7pm?

Hoping I don't end up with a 5.30am lol

Hang in there bananaz I've a feeling she's getting the hang of it. Won't be long til she sttn more consistently

My SIL has a 17 month old who is still having MOTN parties mainly when she is cutting her molars. She told me today her LO has done 7-8 this week! 13hrs! And she said she has learnt that when her LO has a bad sleeping spell it always is over within 1-2 weeks. I found that reassuring :)

I'm thinking of playing around with Jack's bedtime too. We had a 6am this morning which doesn't sound too bad but last week we had two 7.45's so I'm thinking 7 may be optimal for him?! He currently is down at 7.30pm. Do you sleep gurus think I should try 7pm?

Hoping I don't end up with a 5.30am lol

Hang in there bananaz I've a feeling she's getting the hang of it. Won't be long til she sttn more consistently

My SIL has a 17 month old who is still having MOTN parties mainly when she is cutting her molars. She told me today her LO has done 7-8 this week! 13hrs! And she said she has learnt that when her LO has a bad sleeping spell it always is over within 1-2 weeks. I found that reassuring :)

Trying to move his bedtime up a bit sounds like a good idea. 7:30pm is pretty late for a lot of babies that age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->