Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

Yeah, I'm sure it's a fun class but 5-6 wakings just doesn't seem worth it!

thanks guys. I'm a bit worried though coz today she doesn't wanna nap and I dont know how she'll do at night. She woke up at 8 am and fought her morning nap like crazy! She only fell asleep in the car for 30 mins (at 10:30 am) and then another 30 mins (1:30 pm) in the mall.

She looks wide awake now at 3:30 pm and wants to play :/ I'm very concerned about tonight....

Hi shadowy pleased you had a good vacation! Just wanted to say that jack has been waking at silly early hours recently even though I had his naps 'perfect' then on Sunday all day long all he managed were 30 mins at 10-10.30 and another 30mins at 2-2.30. He was then awake for 5 hrs before bed and I was so worried. Well that night was the best in ages and he slept til 7am! Obv I wouldn't recommend rubbishy naps but just wanted to give you some hope for tonight lol x

Thanks Boo, you're right I shouldn't worry maybe she actually be adult like and sleep more coz she napped less? heheh I can hope at least :) Oh and I just saw some of Jack's pics in the baby fashion thread...he's as cute as ever!

I just put Sofia down for a nap in her crib. She rolled to her stomach immediately and then started to fuss. I let her be and she went to sleep after 10 mins on her stomach. She's never slept like that before....I'm worried is unsafe but DH says I should let her be...

Do any of you guys babies sleep on their tummy? This is such a new (and worrying) development for me...

Jack doesn't roll still really :( But I think most babies like to roll onto their tummies and sleep like that. I wouldn't worry at Sofia's age. You never know she might sleep even better!

Mine is a tummy sleeper! Once they can get into a comfortable position, it's safe for them to stay that way.

Attachments

• charlie tummy.jpg
    charlie tummy.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 8
awesome! Thanks ladies...I always need to worry about something I suppose.

Noelle - loving that picture of Charlotte. Is it recent?

Yup, that's my little peanut last night! She is just 17 pounds and in the 15th percentile for her height and weight.

Yup, that's my little peanut last night! She is just 17 pounds and in the 15th percentile for her height and weight.

Aww tiny gorgeous girl! My boy is 21lb (well he was in January anyway!) and is on 99.6th percentile for his height. He's soooo long. Am hoping that's why he won't move :(

Aww tiny gorgeous girl! My boy is 21lb (well he was in January anyway!) and is on 99.6th percentile for his height. He's soooo long. Am hoping that's why he won't move :(

Aww thanks Boo! I didn't realize she was quite so little until her 9 month appointment. I brought her to the science center this weekend and another mom asked me if she was FOUR MONTHS OLD. I wanted to say, "Have you seen a 4 month old who can crawl like this?", but she was sweet so I didn't :)

For what it's worth, I have several friends with taller babies who achieved their physical milestones a bit later. Charlotte's little friend from daycare was born a day before her, but she's in the 95th percentile for height. She is a really bright, sweet, engaging girl, but only just started crawling, about 1.5 months after C. It will come!

Ahh thanks that's good to know. It's getting to the stage now where I'm starting to worry. Even though I know they 'all do it in their own time' etc etc! He's just sooo static! He's never even rolled back to front yet! Which I think is a bit odd.....

Ahh thanks that's good to know. It's getting to the stage now where I'm starting to worry. Even though I know they 'all do it in their own time' etc etc! He's just sooo static! He's never even rolled back to front yet! Which I think is a bit odd.....

He may just not like rolling. Charlotte never really did either. Even after she rolled, it wasn't a regular thing during the day.

My pediatrician mentioned to Charlotte's daycare buddy's mom that 20% of his patient population never crawls and just goes straight to walking! She hadn't yet crawled at her 9 month appointment and her mom asked about it, as she was nervous too. He said not to worry.

Noelle - She is so cute! I love her hair too, Sofia barely has any hair still! Though I was a bald baby myself but I've got hair now, lol! And omg what kinda person thinks a 4 months old can crawl... lol!

Boo - My bff's friend's baby started crawling super early at 6 months but he didn't walk till 16 months. They all are really different. I would enjoy Jack's laid back nature now. Once he starts moving around you may wish he didn't hehe!

I agree....enjoy non mobile babies for the time being. Hadley is into everything right now and I feel like we're never 100% baby proof, lol

Hadley had her 9 month checkup today. The doctor asked about her sleep.....after I told her what goes on and everything she suggested CIO....cold turkey.

I just don't know if I can do it!

I agree....enjoy non mobile babies for the time being. Hadley is into everything right now and I feel like we're never 100% baby proof, lol

Hadley had her 9 month checkup today. The doctor asked about her sleep.....after I told her what goes on and everything she suggested CIO....cold turkey.

I just don't know if I can do it!

It's a very personal decision... But if I were in your position, I would do it!

Ashlynn has never rolled, and doesn't move around, no crawling, no shuffling, nothing! All in good time I guess. She does move about in her cot at nap time though. Nights she's in a sleeping bag so can't really move.

Hi girls, hope you have some advice for me!

Recently, Quinn got a sickness bug so needed to be fed at night again. He is now all better so we're re night weaning but the past 2 nights he has woken up although he isn't hungry. He woke up just once on both occassions and when we picked him up he was squirming around and crying, like he didn't know what he wanted.

Is this a developmental thing? Seperation anxiety maybe? He has learned to stand up this past week so I'm not sure if he hurt himself practising or something but its weird that he's only waking up the once.

I'm not really complaining, just wondering if there was anything to gleam from your experiences! x

Mrsbeano, it could be a number of things but I think he's probably just waking from habit after being sick. Just be consistent and it will pass. That happened to us after an ear infection for about a week.

I'm super tired today. We're teething again and had mutiple wake ups. On top of that, we have a big snow storm coming and pretty much everyone I know is home, but I have to work! I really would have liked the day off with Charlotte. Love my job, but super bummed right now :(

awww Noelle....agree with being tired, wish we had snow! we had a wind/rain storm which is very noisy, my house is old LOL

I think I am going to start the CIO tonight. I was originally really afraid but last night she fell asleep, I tried to lay her down, woke up again.....we fell asleep together around 10. she woke up around 1 am for bottle, then fussed. woke up again around 3 something. then up at 4:50 a.m. then up for the day at 6:45 a.m.

My head hurts, I'm so tired I feel like I could just die.

So with CIO what happens if she's hungry in the night? I dn't want to skip a bottle if she's legitimately hungry....

I don't know how to do this right

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->