Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

Mrs pear we've ha the same here. Ashlynn doesn't roll but I've gone into her a few times when she's moaning and she's upside down or something, considering she's not mobile, I was also surprised. I've got those airwrap bumpers now coz she kept getting her feet out the bars!

Gah!

We're in Australia and its 1am.

Seren went to bed at 11pm (we're trying to only move her bedtime to 2 hours earlier than at home, hopefully easier to settle back into our time zone).

She's woken up 4 times already in three hours.

She only got 6 hours very broken sleep in her usual sleep window last night, usually gets 12.

Only had 2 bottles instead of 4 today, and spat lots of it out.

Also teething! So last time she woke wouldn't settle until given teething gel (stupid Git that I am forgot to pack the anbesol!).

Make that 5 times. Just managed to dream feed - she refused food the last four wake ups. She took 2.5 ounces. Stil a long way from the 18 she's missing but she now seems a little more settled and gone down without the dummy.

Majorly stressed here as trying to keep her quiet so DH can sleep as he's working tomorrow.

I don't think it would be so bad if she'd slept better last night.

Hmmm awake again

So another dream feed, 2-3 ounces and back down....

And now I can't sleep despite only getting 2 hours in the last 36.

Yawn timezones are evil!

anti - Glad you figured out what the issue was and you had a better night!

Sunnie - Ughh I'm sure Australia is awesome but I do not envy trying to figure out such a big time change with a baby! I think I might chicken out and just stay home, haha. Anyway, I hope today is better for you and she starts eating properly.

socitycourty - Wow, standing on her own already! You're in trouble, mama!

We had a better night last night. She stirred loudly for a couple minutes around midnight but conked out again until 3am when she did the crying/resettling/crying routine for about 45 minutes and then finally got back to sleep on her own. This was a big improvement over the past couple nights where she did it for over an hour and needed help getting back to sleep, so yay! Then she slept in until 5:45am.

And yes... 5:45 now counts as sleeping in :( In the past two weeks she's only slept past 6am three times, and most days she's been up before 5:30am. I'm scared this is a permanent change!

bannaz - I hope she starts sleeping later. im going through annoying early-morning wake ups myself..

Sunnie - wow! that does sound tough, I took my daughter to California which is a 3 hour difference for me and that was hard enough. Couldnt imagine doing 20 +, but im sure youll get there! just be consistent. so nice of you to ensure your hubby gets good rest, its not easy when you arent well rested yourself.

My daughter is still waking up after 8 hours instead of 10-12. :( after a nurse, she tends to go back to sleep. she often wakes up, rolls on her tummy and then begins to (try) crawling .. so this is developmental, right? how long will it last? I miss my nice peaceful morning 'me' time.. lol

daneuse - That definitely sounds like it could be developmental, but it's hard to say how long it will last. I think it really depends on the baby. When is her bedtime? 8 hours is still a great stretch though!

Last night was amazing! She went to bed right before 7pm and then I didn't hear a peep from her until almost 4:30am! I let her do her intermittent fussing routine for about 15 minutes but I was scared that if I didn't get her back to sleep before 5am she would decide to be up for the day so... I fed her :blush: I know, bad mama. Hopefully one 4:45am feeding won't ruin everything.

daneuse - That definitely sounds like it could be developmental, but it's hard to say how long it will last. I think it really depends on the baby. When is her bedtime? 8 hours is still a great stretch though!

Last night was amazing! She went to bed right before 7pm and then I didn't hear a peep from her until almost 4:30am! I let her do her intermittent fussing routine for about 15 minutes but I was scared that if I didn't get her back to sleep before 5am she would decide to be up for the day so... I fed her :blush: I know, bad mama. Hopefully one 4:45am feeding won't ruin everything.

Bananaz I give myself what I call the "cut off" point, normally around 5am, where I will cuddle her for the rest of the 'night' if she wakes but still seems sleepy because otherwise she'll be up for the day. Before that I'll get her back in the cot, after that, I'll just hold her for an hour or two. It's all very well night weaning (or not cuddling in my case) but I think at that time of morning they aren't so tired so they'd rather just fight it and get up than accept it and go back down! x

Yay bananaz!!! So (cautiously) excited for you :) :)

So funny as we have a cut off time too! Usually for his dummy. As in if he wakes before 6 then I leave him to settle. After 6 I may go give him dummy depending on how he sounds. Otherwise I worry he'll wake for the day.

Im awake at 5am, because she's still waking every 2-3 hours through the night, and up for the day after an 8 or 9 hour sleep. :( When she wakes, its easy to put her back to sleep, all I have to do is give her the dummy. But still I cant always go back to sleep and this is starting to get me down, especially since shes only sleeping 9 hours at the most at night now compared to the 10 -12 from before. Shes well tempered and happy through the day but I miss the little chunk of me time I used to have in the mornings before shed wake for the day. This has been going on nearly a week now.. wonder how much longer itll last..

daneuse I really am no expert and we have our sleep issues here. But with my son at 5.5 months, we had similar and it was the dummy causing the problems, we took it away and had three nights of rocking and cuddling but he's now nearly three and has always slept through since. I had to rub his tummy and shhh him to sleep in his cot and after a week I could just plonk him in and he'd do the rest..... might apply to your LO not sure?

I don't no what to do anymore she just won't go to sleep no matter what I do :(

daneuse I really am no expert and we have our sleep issues here. But with my son at 5.5 months, we had similar and it was the dummy causing the problems, we took it away and had three nights of rocking and cuddling but he's now nearly three and has always slept through since. I had to rub his tummy and shhh him to sleep in his cot and after a week I could just plonk him in and he'd do the rest..... might apply to your LO not sure?

It could.. but Im not sure its the dummy. Shes not attached to it at all and she doesnt go to sleep with it at night. Th only times I ever offer it to her are when she wakes up in her crib at night; I give it to her to go back to sleep. Other than that, shes not interested in the dummy.. during the day, she never has it..

We just got back from Charlotte's 9 month appointment and I thought of you girls!

I didn't even mention sleep, but the Doctor mentioned during his "9 month speech" (he has one for every age - my friends all see the same pediatrician and we joke about it) that it's super common for babies who used to sleep well to begin waking again at this age. He said it's a combination of separation anxiety, developmental milestones and the beginning of dreaming.

Just wanted to share that in case anyone is struggling. My doc is super old-school, so if he recognizes the 9 month sleep regression there's certainly something to it!

It could.. but Im not sure its the dummy. Shes not attached to it at all and she doesnt go to sleep with it at night. Th only times I ever offer it to her are when she wakes up in her crib at night; I give it to her to go back to sleep. Other than that, shes not interested in the dummy.. during the day, she never has it..

If you're giving it to her to get her to go back to sleep she could definitely have a sucking-to-sleep association at night, even if she's not dependent on the dummy during the day. You might try using other methods to get her back to sleep and see if that helps.

We just got back from Charlotte's 9 month appointment and I thought of you girls!

I didn't even mention sleep, but the Doctor mentioned during his "9 month speech" (he has one for every age - my friends all see the same pediatrician and we joke about it) that it's super common for babies who used to sleep well to begin waking again at this age. He said it's a combination of separation anxiety, developmental milestones and the beginning of dreaming.

Just wanted to share that in case anyone is struggling. My doc is super old-school, so if he recognizes the 9 month sleep regression there's certainly something to it!

What about babies who have been sleeping like crap for months? Can they get a free pass on this one? :haha:

What about babies who have been sleeping like crap for months? Can they get a free pass on this one? :haha:

I wish there was a resort you could take your poorly sleeping baby to... Leave it with a night nurse for a few nights or even a week so that poor tired parents could get some rest! :rofl:

Book me into that resort please, just for one night.....

My DS wasn't attached to his either daneuse, but it made a huge difference, might just be worth a go.

My DD has been napping miles better for almost two weeks, but seems to have gone back to her old ways yesterday and today.... do you think it could be teeth?

She used to take ages to go off then only sleep for half an hour, then stated doing 1 - 1.5 hours am and pm. I'm gutted.....

I wish there was a resort you could take your poorly sleeping baby to... Leave it with a night nurse for a few nights or even a week so that poor tired parents could get some rest! :rofl:

Haha, that would be awesome, but knowing me I wouldn't be able to sleep and I'd end up creeping to "help" the nurse :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->