Rant, for the only girls who'll understand!

B

birdiex

Not really about birth stuff but this is the only place I could think to put this. I had 2 falls at work, which have worsened some previously mild symptoms of what strikes me to be SPD to the point where I can barely walk. I went to the doctor today, she said I've probably just cracked my coxix (obviously not, since my pain is in my pelvis and not my coxix :coffee:) & prescribed me some Oramorph for the pain. I thought to myself, I won't take it blindly, I'll do my research - and I'm glad I did!

https://pain.emedtv.com/oramorph/oramorph-and-pregnancy.html

I'm glad I haven't taken any, I won't take any and I'm pretty grumpy about it. I'm DETERMINED not to let this pain ruin any of my pregnancy for me, but I was so looking forward to some relief and alas, it appears not so. And people wonder why I don't just trust doctors blindly :nope:

oh god, i wouldnt take it anyway even without reading that! morphines a strong drug, and it would pass onto the baby etc, let alone then reading this and seeing what studies have found! so scary!
are you still at work now of off sick? you just need to relax as much as you can to help you recover. does warm baths or them heat bag things you put in the microwave ease any discomfort?
sending hugs. xxx

oh god, i wouldnt take it anyway even without reading that! morphines a strong drug, and it would pass onto the baby etc, let alone then reading this and seeing what studies have found! so scary!
are you still at work now of off sick? you just need to relax as much as you can to help you recover. does warm baths or them heat bag things you put in the microwave ease any discomfort?
sending hugs. xxx

This is why I decided to do research, because although I'd researched it for use in labour, I wasn't sure what the affects were in pregnancy and I'm so glad I checked! I took the instruction leaflet out of the box as well and it says not to give to a child under one :dohh: Why did they think it was okay to give to one not even born yet?! & Yeah I'm off currently, but I've got a feeling I won't be able to return. I wake up unable to stand up properly, but I can walk hunched over and waddling, but after I've done some pottering around the house, I get the pain in the front of my pelvis and hips as well as the back, so after about 2-3pm daily I'm almost immobile. I feel like a mermaid in the water because I have freedom of movement there, I just want to sit in a bath for the rest of the pregnancy hahah :dohh:

I had a nasal spray prescribed for me, and when I asked the pharmacist if it was safe to take, as I was nursing and TTC. She said oh it is fine, but stop if you are pregnant. OMG, really? Why would I take it when I am TTC then? And I did get pregnant that cycle.

Oh my God that's insane! I'm nervous about putting anything into my body when pregnant, I even try to avoid taking paracetamol!
Poor you on the pain front - just out of interest, have you ever had cranial osteopathy? It's very good for things like this, might be worth a shot?

I had a nasal spray prescribed for me, and when I asked the pharmacist if it was safe to take, as I was nursing and TTC. She said oh it is fine, but stop if you are pregnant. OMG, really? Why would I take it when I am TTC then? And I did get pregnant that cycle.

Some people ey! :nope: :hugs:

Oh my God that's insane! I'm nervous about putting anything into my body when pregnant, I even try to avoid taking paracetamol!
Poor you on the pain front - just out of interest, have you ever had cranial osteopathy? It's very good for things like this, might be worth a shot?

I haven't bothered with paracetamol because it doesn't even touch a headache! I know this sounds dumb but what's cranial oestopathy? x

I actually had no idea what it was either until a friend of mine recommended it to me for pregnant women. It's all about manipulating your bones and muscles in a very gentle way, and fixing anything that's out of alignment. It's not very widely known in the UK but is much more common in the US.
I can say, hand on heart, that's it's been a godsend for me. I was really suffering with heartburn, a bad crick in my neck and backache, and she has really helped me with all of it. Turns out my pelvic muscles weren't loosening like they should be, which was pushing bubs up against my diaphragm. So she's loosened me up and everything is much better, I haven't had any heartburn since. I see her every 3-4 weeks.
Might be worth looking into for you! It is so so gentle and makes me feel really good.

Sounds similar to an osteopath over here. My oh saw one earlier this year after a car accident and that was all about manipulating joints etc. Not sure on costs though as it went through insurance. Xx

I actually had no idea what it was either until a friend of mine recommended it to me for pregnant women. It's all about manipulating your bones and muscles in a very gentle way, and fixing anything that's out of alignment. It's not very widely known in the UK but is much more common in the US.
I can say, hand on heart, that's it's been a godsend for me. I was really suffering with heartburn, a bad crick in my neck and backache, and she has really helped me with all of it. Turns out my pelvic muscles weren't loosening like they should be, which was pushing bubs up against my diaphragm. So she's loosened me up and everything is much better, I haven't had any heartburn since. I see her every 3-4 weeks.
Might be worth looking into for you! It is so so gentle and makes me feel really good.

Sounds similar to an osteopath over here. My oh saw one earlier this year after a car accident and that was all about manipulating joints etc. Not sure on costs though as it went through insurance. Xx

Thankyou both, that sounds amazing! Money isn't really much of an issue, I'm so lucky in the fact that I'm under 18 so still covered on my dad's company medical insurance with Bupa, so I'll have to look in to it on there :happydance: Thanks everyone! xx

Well hopefully the tip will help! It is similar to standard osteopathy, but it's extremely gentle which really helps us pregnant ladies :flower:
Oh and I pay £37 a session, every 3/4 weeks.

Well hopefully the tip will help! It is similar to standard osteopathy, but it's extremely gentle which really helps us pregnant ladies :flower:
Oh and I pay £37 a session, every 3/4 weeks.

That's really good actually, I'll have to see if it'd be covered :happydance: Thanks! xx

if your covered definatly take advantage of it!! xx

I had osteopathy for migraines. I was AMAZING, I used to get them about 2-3 a month, and I haven't had one since. I did it through my university so the practitioners were final year students and it was pretty cheap. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

I had osteopathy for migraines. I was AMAZING, I used to get them about 2-3 a month, and I haven't had one since. I did it through my university so the practitioners were final year students and it was pretty cheap. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Ah I didn't think they'd do it at unis, but that's a great idea! Might see if Portsmouth uni offer that :happydance:

if you can afford it i really recomended accupnucture i had it all the way through my pregancey and after and it git rid of my spd pain and i also used it to induce labour when i went over x

It makes me furious! I'm near you and had my baby at QA hosp, they gave me loads of drugs to take home and one of them was not advised if B'feeding, I wouldn't have known if my mum hadn't read the info. When i asked about it later I was told that the benefits outweighed the risks! That was my decision to make, not theirs!:growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->