RANT: I hate it when people say things like...

Silas

mummy to one :)))
Reaction score
I don't understand why people insist on not thinking and opening their mouths to impart their "wisdom" onto you

I'm due today and I've just had enough of people saying things like:

"its gonna hurt, take all of the pain killers they offer you..."

"make the most of the peace and quiet while you can, you'll be wishing you had them back inside soon enough..."

Yes, I love being not be able to eat and drink what I want, move around the house/bed without looking like a sea lion, not being able to wear anything except giant t-shirts and walking like I have a smuggled a grapefruit out of the supermarker between my legs. oh did I mention the backache...?:gun:

"you must be so uncomfortable" Yes, I am...

"you're not very big are you?" In comparision to what

"have you had the baby yet?" - this is the most annoying one as it comes from people I speak to at least 5 times a week. I would love to reply "yes, I've had the baby and even though I spoke to you this morning, I decided not to tell you..."

I also hate it when people decide to tell you their horrific birth stories...

sorry for the rant and I know people are just trying to think of things to say but I'm just getting a teeny bit irritated...

So rant over...anyone else feel free to add to the list of annoying things people say to you.

Thanks for listening... :)

I'm SOOO with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In addition to everything you've said...

Are you sure you aren't having twins, you're huge!

Are you sure you're 38 weeks, you don't look big enough

I was so much more active than you are - we didn't have maternity leave in my day, I kept working to the last minute (when I tell them I can barely make it to sainsburys without massive backache).

You're going to have a lot of work to do to lose all that weight.

Oh, my birth was sooo terrible, it went on for 3 months etc etc....

TAKE the epidural

Oh no, don't take an epidural

is the baby here yet? (Do I LOOK like the baby is here yet??? WOuld I be standing here if the baby was here yet?? chatting to you, as if I didn't have a care in the world? Do you SEE a baby with me????)

argh, shut up!!!!!!!!

:)

omg you've had it alot worse than me 10th - people can be so rude can't they?!

Yeah I have to definately agree with working one, talk about making me feel like crap. So what if you worked up until the last second, thats up to you...I can't manage it and have decided to sit on my arse and thats up to me!

I totally agree with the birth stories, people are so easy to tell u about their stitches, or frown upon pain relief!!!!

OMG :dohh: I totally agree its sooooo fricking annoying!!! especially the - 'have you had it yet?' and 'any movements?' :grr: really feel as though I wanna :gun: somebody!!! I mean I think I would fricking have said if I had my baby!! I know I am 8days overdue but FFS leave me the hell alone!!

'You must be sooo fed up!!!' telling me!?! wtf? I mean I am actually feeling ok I just dont want to be induced as I have very very severe SPD and cant walk anywhere or drive now and I am on crutches - I could have been induced earlier if I wanted but I would rather baby try come on its own - but ppl telling me I should be fed up etc is making me feel that way :grr:

I have deactivated my facebook accoount - dont answer the home phone and dont reply to texts about this now cos I just dont want to hear it :rofl:

"did you hear about that baby that had it's scalp pulled off by a vacuum suction thing during labour!?" - Why thanks!!!?

"ohh if you think you are tired now, just you wait until baby is born!" - Yes but i wont be working 37 hours a week AND not sleeping!!

Ive got more..will add them later!! hehe

x

Yes! Glad its not just me!!!

My sister is really annoying me now, to the point where I no longer want to see/speak to her cos she always has something to say and its soooo annoying! I am 27 years old not bloody 5!!!!
Right the way through my pregnancy she has to tell me I am wrong (she has one child of her own).

When I first felt baby kick at 15 weeks I was so excited - her - "No I am sorry thats not baby, its too early, it'll be wind". Turns out is was baby so ha!

Yesterday I told her that at my last appointment midwife said baby was in perfect position for birth - her - "Sorry to tell you this but she will probably move again, you have AGES to go". I only have 8 weeks and I am not stupid, I know she might move!

Everytime I see her - "Wow, your bump is soooooo small". Actually I am spot on for my dates which I tell her EVERYTIME!!!

Her (until last week when she found out she was pregnant and now complains about EVERYTHING) - "I never got morning sickness/bad back/lack of sleep ect ect " She's 9 weeks now and has ALL the above and more within the space of a week!

When I was telling my other sister the things I had bought for baby she kept butting in telling me why I shouldn't have got that, didn't need that, not to bother with that!! I got 3 Preemie outfits for hospital just incase she is a little one and she tells me "Oh, with mine I just rolled it up" - Me - "I don't want to, I want something that will fit, I am excited and want her to look pretty" - her - "Oh well, waste your money then". I also shouldn't have bought a moses basket as her's didn't like it. I bought a birthing ball, she thinks they are rubbish....

Sorry for the rant lady's!!! This thread helped me get it all out.....feeling better now :)

OMG yeh the ppl that tell you what to do, how to do it etc etc and what their preg was like :shrug: well ummmm everyone is DIFFERENT :hissy:

Oh my god i get this, or people keep saying, have you got stretch marks, if not yuour get them - thanks for that!!!

Amazing how huge you are, but rest of you doesnt look fat - mmm again thanks

But i have that, have you had the baby yet? Yeah i had her weeks ago, i just didnt wanna tell you, and i've kept a pillow and walk like i've crapped myself just for a laugh!!! xxx

Oh and I forgot everytime my niece does anything she has to tell me "oohhh, you've got all this to come" Everytime she cries, poo's, runs away, drops something, gets sick she is so so happy to tell me in a hugely patronising way "so sorry to tell you this, but you have this all to come".

YES!!! I KNOW!!!! I DON'T LIVE IN A CUPBOARD!!! I SEE KIDS EVERYDAY!!! I AM AWARE OF WHATS INVOLVED!!!! AAGGGHHHH!

lol thats so true.

i actually had a work colleague tell me that she hoped it hurt for me. she had a horrendous birth apparantly, and hoped i got to feel the pain, at least some of it anyway. i was like, thanks, bearing in mind ive had a kidney transplant recently, dont you think ive had enough pain?? i really felt like saying, oh and i hope one day you need someone to put their life at risk to save yours - just so you get to feel what thats like. some people have no idea eh.

I have had people presume I am about to drop since I was about 30 weeks as I am all out front....
Luckily I haven't had too many 'Are you sure you only have one in there?' comments but I do think that even when people are nice they sound amazed by it as though I was likely to lose all style or hit Laura Ashley big collars all of a sudden...
My mum said I shouldn't wear heels though - because it will worry people?!?!

Oh and a bloke in a bar I was in (at a 30th birthday sat down ,just en route to bathroom) pointed at me and said I should be at home with my feet up not out worrying people....and a dinner last weekend they said 'are you sure you won't have the baby tonight?' so I just said 'it depends how good the entertainment is'

ahhh people.....I also found with a baby people will assume your child is male even in pink.

Oooooh (I am suddenly thinking of em all) when people hear I have 2 girls they say 'Are you hoping for a boy then?' so I tend to say no, a kitten...

Yep!! I am now 4 days overdue and i am close to killing these people....infact i killed my MIL this morning shes in the cupboard dont tell ! :)

:rofl: this is the best thread ever!! everyone can get their frustrations out!!

'no I am hoping for a kitten' :rofl: :rofl: sooo funny!!!

I carry all out front and ppl used to tell me I was huge when i was tiny - yes I am a bit huge now but ummmmm wouldnt you be if you were 8days late :dohh: i think ppl forget how big they got whilst preg.....i did say to someone when they said i was huge (she was massively obese) i said yeh but not quite as big as you and I have another human inside me :rofl: I just snapped!! then I walked off!!

hahaha glad this is here thanks ladies !

The one i'm getting at the moment is people asking if i'm pregnant ? I reply no i've just had a thing for pies lately :dohh: (whilst looking at said bump)

I tell ppl i'm struggling due to spd/pgp, once explained what that is, they reply they never got it so it must be new right ? They then say oh its just back ache everyone gets that!

I get the " its going to hurt " .. no shit sunshine haven't you noticed i'm already a mum or did you think this 4yr old follows me for the fun of it?

Or i get "it hurts more 2nd time round" Or "it don't hurt as bad 2nd time" Make your fecking mind up!

Your not that big! Well how big should i be? ...

My grandma - Your looking thin are you eating? :dohh:

I tell ppl i'm struggling due to spd/pgp, once explained what that is, they reply they never got it so it must be new right ? They then say oh its just back ache everyone gets that! oh yes I have had this one!!! wtf :shrug:

I get the " its going to hurt " .. no shit sunshine haven't you noticed i'm already a mum or did you think this 4yr old follows me for the fun of it? hahahaha :rofl: that is hilarious!!!! you should defo say that to someone!!! :haha:

:thumbup:

I told my mum the other day that i get moments where I feel like I cant breathe, feels like something is pressing on my chest but I'd read it was normal its where the baby lays on your diaphram & she replied 'oh......I never had that' :dohh: your right, you didnt have it so I was obviously just making it up.
also get told how big I am - well yes I am carrying a baby, what am i supposed to look like???
People also feel the need to tell me that I'm 'definitly carrying a boy' and you know this how??? Do you have x-ray vision????

Idiots

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I love it! It feels so good to know that its not just me that gets stupid comments.

I cannot believe what some people come out with - honestly :dohh:

Oooooh (I am suddenly thinking of em all) when people hear I have 2 girls they say 'Are you hoping for a boy then?' so I tend to say no, a kitten...

lol, at work i had people asking what i thought i was having, my reply was always - a litter of kittens! lol (i do love my cat, but not THAT much, lol)

i would like to agree with everything everyone has said above!!!!!!

the best of the bunch i got only this weekend "your not looking well" ...(my responce) "iv terrible back pains and she hasnt moved much today" ... the response i got "oh have you heard about so and so she lost her baby today at 8 months... she only knew because she hadnt felt it move...AND she has to give birth to it!"

my OH new that was our que to leave as he new it had been playing on my mind all day without that "reassurance"

anyway...the princess made up for lack of movement by not stoppin for the last day and half!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->